Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjdizub View Post
    I ski in 26.5 Nordica Pro Machine 120s with Intuition Pro Wrap liners and tour in 26.5 Atomic Hawx 130s with FT/Intution Tour Wrap. Both were purchased from and fitted at Larry's in Boulder.
    Thanks. Newcomers are encouraged to post pictures of their wives, girlfriends, and their own feet.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Other than the 92-93mm plug options, not really. You are in the best 3-piece boot now, the Roxa and Full Tilt 99mm lasts are substantially roomier. All you can really change is the liner - HV Intuition or injected.
    Thanks for your time, I will check out that liner.
    Great thread
    crab in my shoe mouth

Looks like the Android version of the app is no longer on the Play store...link from the first page of this thread (and NetVirta's site) is dead. Hope it comes back!
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Looks like the Android version of the app is no longer on the Play store...link from the first page of this thread (and NetVirta's site) is dead. Hope it comes back!
    Bummer, I'll try to see what's up with that.

Currently using Lange XT3 130. Like the boot but can’t keep water out of the seam on top of my foot. It is like there isn’t enough material overlap. Previously had good luck with the OG Cochise. Thinking of trying the 2022 Cochise 130 when it is available. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1299 View Post
    Currently using Lange XT3 130. Like the boot but can’t keep water out of the seam on top of my foot. It is like there isn’t enough material overlap. Previously had good luck with the OG Cochise. Thinking of trying the 2022 Cochise 130 when it is available. Thoughts?
    I'm not surprised, you have about 8-10mm of instep height that most people in a 27.5 don't have. Amazing that you can even buckle the boot with the stock buckle placement or have any bloodflow to your toes, for that matter.

You might try cutting the whole front of the bootboard off and grinding off the two nubs in the shell that keep it from sliding forward (will mess with your ramp angle a bit, adding about 1.5 degrees, but no worse than adding a heel wedge like many bootfitters do for a variety of reasons, and it will get you way more volume in the forefoot. You can shim the toepiece of your binding to bring the ramp back to default if need be.

I haven't had the 2022 Cochise on my foot, so not sure about the "overlap" - I hear Atomic is adding some material to the flaps of the Hawx boots for this reason next year.

I'm not surprised, you have about 8-10mm of instep height that most people in a 27.5 don't have. Amazing that you can even buckle the boot with the stock buckle placement or have any bloodflow to your toes, for that matter.

You might try cutting the whole front of the bootboard off and grinding off the two nubs in the shell that keep it from sliding forward (will mess with your ramp angle a bit, adding about 1.5 degrees, but no worse than adding a heel wedge like many bootfitters do for a variety of reasons, and it will get you way more volume in the forefoot. You can shim the toepiece of your binding to bring the ramp back to default if need be.

I haven't had the 2022 Cochise on my foot, so not sure about the "overlap" - I hear Atomic is adding some material to the flaps of the Hawx boots for this reason next year.
    I should have mentioned I am in a 26.5. Not sure whether to do anything like that or just cut my losses and start over. Long drive to anyone reputable with any sort of selection. Anything else out there that I should look at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1299 View Post
    I should have mentioned I am in a 26.5. Not sure whether to do anything like that or just cut my losses and start over. Long drive to anyone reputable with any sort of selection. Anything else out there that I should look at?
    26.5? Even worse in terms of shell volume, then - I was just comparing it to "average" feet in the 27.xx mondo range.

If you have a craft knife and a belt sander, it costs you nothing - if you want to sell the boot afterward, order another set of bootboards from Lange. You already own the XT3, right?

I would also try heat molding it, as you would with an Atomic or Salomon boot. In theory, the Lange shells are not heat moldable, but in practice it pulls all the hardware out to the limit and gives you some more usable volume.

I once again have a working Verifyt Business Account, so if anyone wants to share their data (and doesn't feel like sharing it on the thread), PM me for the email address. Thanks, all.

New Foot Scanner App

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1615661881.767820.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	367180

Name:	Image1615661892.797779.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	367181

Name:	Image1615661903.568724.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	367182

Ski resorts in a 25.5 Salomon xmax 130 with the black shell. Tour with a very modified 25.5 QST pro 130 TR
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 03-14-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Attachment 366314

I ski an old green 27/27.5 Cochise 130, and a 27.5 TLT5P. I am looking to buy a Scarpa F1 LT. I tried on the 27, and it was a wee bit tight. Considering the Dalbello Factory and the Fischer Travers, but I like the more upright stance of the Scarpa.
    Did you find the F1 LT tight length wise or width or overall? I'm in the market for the same class boot and foot is similar but a tad smaller.

These are the feet of my buddy with the most boot trouble in our group. He's in 25/25.5 Fischer RC Pro 110s right now with with a claimed 100mm width that he really likes, not sure if the fancy vaccuum process is better at widening the boot than any other moulding process. Looking for something more useful for sidecountry for him, the natural thought would be Fischer Rangers, but there isn't a single shop in the Vancouver area that carries Fischer stuff, and they're a bit heavy anyway. Any thoughts on other things that might work for him? Nobody has any stock of anything here so we're probably restricted to buying something online on a hope and a prayer and fitting afterwards at Intuition if need be. Thinking the Prime XTD 130?

Name:	antoine1.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	367377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antoine2.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	367378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antoine3.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	241.9 KB 
ID:	367379

Quote Originally Posted by eggsbenedict View Post
    Thinking the Prime XTD 130?
    What sort of trouble has buddy had? Just getting the forefoot wide enough?
    None of the heat molding or vacuum technologies alone is enough to make a 100mm 25.5 boot fit his 110.9mm right foot, you need a bootfitter to augment it with manual punching. Tom at Intuition should have no problem with that. The Atomic Hawx Prime 120/130 XTD is a good call; you can get much of the way there with just the Memory Fit heat mold and punch for the rest. If he's doing a lot of actual touring in the boot, he might consider moving to a 26.5 (the Atomic boots tend to run a little short). Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro could also work with bootfitter assistance, is lighter and tours a bit better IMO but all the shell modifications will need to be done manually.

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Did you find the F1 LT tight length wise or width or overall? I'm in the market for the same class boot and foot is similar but a tad smaller.
    I was making a joke with the size 27. It was extremely tight, but I’m a masochist that believes if you aren’t in pain while skiing and getting black toe you’re doing it wrong. It was very difficult to even ram my foot in there, and I was wearing the thin Dissent pro tour socks. Without the liner, I was almost touching the heel with my toes brushing the front.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

What sort of trouble has buddy had? Just getting the forefoot wide enough?
    None of the heat molding or vacuum technologies alone is enough to make a 100mm 25.5 boot fit his 110.9mm right foot, you need a bootfitter to augment it with manual punching. Tom at Intuition should have no problem with that. The Atomic Hawx Prime 120/130 XTD is a good call; you can get much of the way there with just the Memory Fit heat mold and punch for the rest. If he's doing a lot of actual touring in the boot, he might consider moving to a 26.5 (the Atomic boots tend to run a little short). Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro could also work with bootfitter assistance, is lighter and tours a bit better IMO but all the shell modifications will need to be done manually.
    Sounds like immediate pain as soon as he buckles up from lack of width in most boots you can find in the shop. We'll keep our eyes out for a Prime XTD, thanks. If they need work, sounds like a great excuse for a trip down to Seattle once the border opens up!

Quote Originally Posted by eggsbenedict View Post
    Sounds like immediate pain as soon as he buckles up from lack of width in most boots you can find in the shop. We'll keep our eyes out for a Prime XTD, thanks. If they need work, sounds like a great excuse for a trip down to Seattle once the border opens up!
    He is not a candidate for "off the shelf" boots. There are plenty of Canadian bootfitters who can fix the problem.

Name:	Image1616163883.349384.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	299.4 KB 
ID:	368000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1385.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	300.1 KB 
ID:	368001

This app seems quite accurate for my feet in terms of size, relative length and volume (L>R) and overall instep height (that’s usually where I’ve had a problem with boots.

Currently my main touring boot is a ZGTP 25.5 that has been the most comfortable and required the least work of any touring boot I’ve had in the last 15 years (Maestrale RS 2 25.5/26; TLT 6 26/26.5; Black diamond Prime 26/26.5; Megaride 26/26.5)

Resort/side country boots are 25.5 Dalbello Lupo Ax HD with tour wraps. Haven’t even gotten those molded yet (Covid and not being in the resort more than a few days this season). Those are fitting quite well too.

Long day/light boots are F1s in 26.5/27. This is definitely more of a comfort fit. But I can wear the boots around camp and for 12 hours at time without wanting to chop my feet off.

I know this data is being collected on a large scale by the app company. It would be interesting to formalize data collection within the TGR community. I could see tech talk threads popping up similar the the 300g binding discussion except based on foot dimensions.

Really pleased by this app and the data.

Quote Originally Posted by Samski360 View Post
    I know this data is being collected on a large scale by the app company. It would be interesting to formalize data collection within the TGR community. I could see tech talk threads popping up similar the the 300g binding discussion except based on foot dimensions.
    Thanks for playing, Sam. The app was originally intended as an aid to retailers selling street shoes and apparel (there is a body scanning app as well); the company is based in Boston and Singapore and they don't really know much about skiing. I'm currently building a collection of scans and trying to figure out how to use the data in terms of selling ski boots online, but I'm not sure anyone else is doing the same. If you could post left and right side views of your feet as well that would be great.

Thanks, man! A little extra length is no problem, but you could really use less volume overall - unfortunately the only thing narrower is a plug boot and it will take a lot of work to get it to flex like a RS 120 . . .
    Hey Greg, thinking about trying a ZJ+. Should I also give 25.5 a shot? Appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Hey Greg, thinking about trying a ZJ+. Should I also give 25.5 a shot? Appreciate the help.
    I think I'd stick with 26.5 - 25.5 is going to be a struggle with your 27.35 right foot . . .

Thanks for playing, Sam. The app was originally intended as an aid to retailers selling street shoes and apparel (there is a body scanning app as well); the company is based in Boston and Singapore and they don't really know much about skiing. I'm currently building a collection of scans and trying to figure out how to use the data in terms of selling ski boots online, but I'm not sure anyone else is doing the same. If you could post left and right side views of your feet as well that would be great.
    Just saw your request at the end of this post Greg. Here are the side views Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618330436.440451.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	371420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1855.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	298.3 KB 
ID:	371421

Quote Originally Posted by Samski360 View Post
    Just saw your request at the end of this post Greg. Here are the side views Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618330436.440451.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	371420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1855.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	298.3 KB 
ID:	371421
    Thanks, Sam, added the side views to the Excel sheet . . .

Greg have you seen the 2022 cochise yet?

New Foot Scanner App

So, currently in a 24.5 Cochise with an eighth inch shim. Still too much volume. Would a HV liner get me where I need to be?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3536.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	287.3 KB 
ID:	371676

Name:	IMG_3535.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	287.3 KB 
ID:	371677

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Greg have you seen the 2022 cochise yet?
    Not in person - demo season didn't happen, and though I saw our Tecnica rep last week he didn't have the boots with him.