Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amunre View Post
    Curious as to what kind of foot this might be, in terms of volume and matches to certain boot brands/types/styles?? Any insight would be much appreciated

Im 6’3” 230-40lbs, athletic build, and still developing. Probably currently around an advanced intermediate level, looking to get as close to expert as I can over the foreseeable future/seasons. Still spending a bunch of time each day on development drills, etc. I don’t have easy access to a bootfitter where I live (Las Vegas), so’ve had to learn a lot on my own. Long story short I’ve gone down 5 sizes, from 32 to 28 mondo (and up from 70 to 120 flex) as I’ve improved my skiing. Developed smallish haglunds bumps on both heels due to too-large 30 mondo hawx prime 120s I had for first half of last season.

The 28 hawx primes I finished the season in have been generally good, but tight/aggravating on those heel bumps, and packed out to being maybe a bit too roomy in the last, for my liking. When my foot is deeper in the 28’s heal pocket, I’m much better off. I could literally take out the footbed, shim and shave down the zeppa, and have the heel bump pain/discomfort completely disappear, but obv I’m not gonna have the support I’d need otherwise. I was hoping the shell’s heel pocket could somehow be raised up a bit, but no luck. The whole crew at footloose (including the head dude) in mammoth couldn’t figure out a way to punch that heel area over/around the bumps, saying the way the shell was originally molded (and the material used) meant it would be too easy to damage, and they didn’t want to take that risk. The bumps have gone down a bit in the off-season, and I really don’t want to re-aggravate them any more, if at all possible.

For whatever reason I’m not allowed to link the shot of my Fischer scan, so I’ll just type out the numbers manually and add info in other comments, as needed :/

Results (mm) L / R
    Length: 298/ 302
    Ball width: 114 / 118
    Instep height: 75 / 76
    Navicular height: 48 / 50
    Heel width: 78 / 67
    If you could scan your feet using the Verifyt app and share the results with me, I'd have a better chance of commenting on potential boot choices. I can't view the Fischer images on a big screen and turn them to view from different angles like I can with Verifyt.

PM me if you need help with the data sharing. As for punching the heels, is this a regular Hawx Prime 120 or an XTD? I've punched plenty of heels in the alpine variety of Hawx boots with good results, the XTD's are tricky if you still want the walk mode lever to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    If you could scan your feet using the Verifyt app and share the results with me, I'd have a better chance of commenting on potential boot choices. I can't view the Fischer images on a big screen and turn them to view from different angles like I can with Verifyt.

PM me if you need help with the data sharing. As for punching the heels, is this a regular Hawx Prime 120 or an XTD? I've punched plenty of heels in the alpine variety of Hawx boots with good results, the XTD's are tricky if you still want the walk mode lever to work properly.
    Thanks a bunch for the reply. I’ve done a Verifyt scan also, and tried sending it using the last 2 or 3 QR codes you posted, but they haven’t worked. The app acts like it’s gonna do something, and then it just loops to the main screen. And the option to PM you doesn’t appear for me, I’m assuming because my account is too new. But yeah, I’ve been trying to post or connect with you here for a while, and just now figured out I could post shorter messages, but some restrictions are still on the account.

Oh, and the primes were the alpine version. Alternated between using the factory beds and superfeet blues, and for a while with just the shim and nothing else, just to get my heel down further down into the pocket, and release the pressure off the heel bumps, where the shell molding creases in to start the formation of the top, outside edge of the heel pocket. They did punch it slightly, and then ground it as much as they said they safely could, and then also did a heated liner (multiple times) and shell molding.. via heat for both and then ratcheting everything way way down right for several minutes. All with no real change in the issue.

Other than lowering my foot as much as I could into the pocket, the best relief on the bumps I ever got was via circular foam adhesive dr scholls donut pads, with the bumps right the middle of the donut hole, and later a custom D-shape donuts made from thicker foam sheets, and then duct taped onto the liners. Helped tremendously, but then also gave a weird lopsided fit/pressure on the general heal area, causing a bit of Achilles/heel ball aching, and also pushed the foot forward enough to to take away some precious real estate at the front of the boot, in what was to begin with a very snug/performance fit. Lost the right big toe nail, and nearly the left side, had I gotten a few mores weeks in (reached 50 days last season)

I’d love to have warmer feet too, but I’d always have to ratchet the bejesus out of the two middle buckles to keep my heel down in the pocket as much as I could, or else it could get downright *painful* when they came up and extra pressure from the shell’s heel pocket crease hit the bumps. I can take the pain and ski through all of it, but it saps some of the fun, and of course the bumps get that much more inflamed and over time seem to grow even bigger, which is the last thing I’d want/need. I’d rather get things to where I can buckle things with less pressure, and see where I’m at, blood flow/warmth-wise... Then again, the feet did numb up a bit from the cold after a while of skiing, which in turn then def helped a bit with the aforementioned pain lol

Thanks a bunch for the reply. I’ve done a Verifyt scan also, and tried sending it using the last 2 or 3 QR codes you posted, but they haven’t worked. The app acts like it’s gonna do something, and then it just loops to the main screen. And the option to PM you doesn’t appear for me, I’m assuming because my account is too new. But yeah, I’ve been trying to post or connect with you here for a while, and just now figured out I could post shorter messages, but some restrictions are still on the account.

Oh, and the primes were the alpine version. Alternated between using the factory beds and superfeet blues, and for a while with just the shim and nothing else, just to get my heel down further down into the pocket, and release the pressure off the heel bumps, where the shell molding creases in to start the formation of the top, outside edge of the heel pocket. They did punch it slightly, and then ground it as much as they said they safely could, and then also did a heated liner (multiple times) and shell molding.. via heat for both and then ratcheting everything way way down right for several minutes. All with no real change in the issue.

Other than lowering my foot as much as I could into the pocket, the best relief on the bumps I ever got was via circular foam adhesive dr scholls donut pads, with the bumps right the middle of the donut hole, and later a custom D-shape donuts made from thicker foam sheets, and then duct taped onto the liners. Helped tremendously, but then also gave a weird lopsided fit/pressure on the general heal area, causing a bit of Achilles/heel ball aching, and also pushed the foot forward enough to to take away some precious real estate at the front of the boot, in what was to begin with a very snug/performance fit. Lost the right big toe nail, and nearly the left side, had I gotten a few mores weeks in (reached 50 days last season)

I’d love to have warmer feet too, but I’d always have to ratchet the bejesus out of the two middle buckles to keep my heel down in the pocket as much as I could, or else it could get downright *painful* when they came up and extra pressure from the shell’s heel pocket crease hit the bumps. I can take the pain and ski through all of it, but it saps some of the fun, and of course the bumps get that much more inflamed and over time seem to grow even bigger, which is the last thing I’d want/need. I’d rather get things to where I can buckle things with less pressure, and see where I’m at, blood flow/warmth-wise... Then again, the feet did numb up a bit from the cold after a while of skiing, which in turn then def helped a bit with the aforementioned pain lol
    Hmmm. I think a better strategy might be going to a longer shell (29.5) in the lower volume Hawx (Ultra) to keep you lower in the shell and possibly grinding the heel of the bootboard, but It's hard to tell without seeing your foot in person. Your instep and overall foot volume appear to be normal, or within the range I can normally fit in an Ultra. You can't grind much on the Hawx heels as they are pretty thin, but punching pretty much anywhere on the rear of the calcaneus works pretty well, the main problem is usually getting the height right (usually it's higher than you think). I use a lever press and a small ball/1.5" ring with pads, not an expander. Heating the liner more than once doesn't do much other than reduce the thickness of the padding; sometimes stretching the liner heel to match the punch helps. Heating the shells multiple times doesn't work for heel or toe length issues, the plastic is too stout there and your foot can't put enough local pressure on the spot.

Less height over the instep and small cuff diameter means you can buckle more loosely and still get control - instep pressure is the main culprit in loss of circulation/cold feet (other than genetics).

Sorry about the QR problems, we've had some difficulties with them, but even the best scanning app doesn't really show heel deformities well.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    What temps are you cooking your shells?
    Sorry, missed this a while back. I use the standard K-Tech ovens - factory set at 117 C. or 242.6 F.

Hmmm. I think a better strategy might be going to a longer shell (29.5) in the lower volume Hawx (Ultra) to keep you lower in the shell and possibly grinding the heel of the bootboard, but It's hard to tell without seeing your foot in person. Your instep and overall foot volume appear to be normal, or within the range I can normally fit in an Ultra. You can't grind much on the Hawx heels as they are pretty thin, but punching pretty much anywhere on the rear of the calcaneus works pretty well, the main problem is usually getting the height right (usually it's higher than you think). I use a lever press and a small ball/1.5" ring with pads, not an expander. Heating the liner more than once doesn't do much other than reduce the thickness of the padding; sometimes stretching the liner heel to match the punch helps. Heating the shells multiple times doesn't work for heel or toe length issues, the plastic is too stout there and your foot can't put enough local pressure on the spot.

Less height over the instep and small cuff diameter means you can buckle more loosely and still get control - instep pressure is the main culprit in loss of circulation/cold feet (other than genetics).

Sorry about the QR problems, we've had some difficulties with them, but even the best scanning app doesn't really show heel deformities well.

Thanks again for the excellent additional insight/feedback. I actually def did think about going to 29s. While the 30 was def too long, and the ankle area too loose (esp after the liner packed out), I generally loved the performance I’d gotten from them initially. I still remember the first run ever in them. I felt I had light-years more control than with the size 31 Dalbello ds mx 100s that I finished the previous season completely swimming in, to the point of being dangerous with how spooky that big a boot can feel when trying to ski and make turns faster/stronger/more athletically. As I researched where to go next re the size, while trying to avoid more issues with too much room, esp after the liner pack out, I learned about how last size only changes 2mm at a time per mondo size change. I felt that wasn’t gonna quite be enough for what I was feeling in the boot, if going to a prime in 29. However the 4mm drop in the last of the 28 would probably be right where I want to be. And if the length or other areas were too small with the 28, I’d try to get with the best fitter I could eventually find, and let them do their magic. I think I called it correct re the last. Coming down 4mm there for sure got me the snugness/support I was looking for in that area. But alas, the heel bumps couldn’t be fully accommodated in that heel pocket part of the shell. The bumps really aren’t that huge (tall) at all imo, I just think that maybe with this particular style of atomic shell, the heel pocket crease might just be unavoidable. It seems like a pretty aggressively formed pocket, and when doing a shell fit against my bare foot, the line/edge of the crease comes exactly across each ankle’s bump. Maybe that’s what you meant, as far as how far up the the pocket would have to come.

I had a great deal on some 29 ultras in my crosshairs this spring, with the last on those being the same as the 28 primes, and less of a squeeze in the length (I def did want to try a more gradual drop in the length that a 29 would give), but I was majorly concerned about the lower volume fit killing my instep, which was already pretty brutal with all the heavy-duty heel pocket-focused buckle ratcheting I’d been doing up to that point. Before I’d done these scans, I was convinced I had a super high instep because their circumferences are like 32-33mm (using a soft tape, measuring around from one side of the heel to the other, like they show online). I was under the impression that a measurement considerably more than the length of your foot meant you had a high instep. I’ve also always had issues with socks fitting in that area, and plenty of shoes too. From what I’ve been able to gather, a tight instep area is one of the tougher areas for a fitter to have to deal with.

All that being said, it is pretty cool that you say I can look into some low volume shells, as I was kinda wondering If I should check out the possibility after realizing the med volume primes might actually be too much volume for me in some key areas. You’d mentioned the cuff, and even with the 28s, I had the top buckle moved all the way over (tighter) to the last adjustable slot in the shell, and ratcheted to the tightest rung, and still wasn’t happy with how tight I could get them, fit/performance wise. Powerstrap (edit: Booster Strap) to the rescue, but still, I’m not a small dude, and’ve never been accused of having anything remotely close to bird legs/narrow calves. And to my earlier point about the last, even on the 28s I had the toe buckle down to the tightest rung, worried that while nicely snug at that point, the liner would pack out to making that area too loose for me, once again!

In addition to the ultra, fit-wise, what are your thoughts on the dalbello krypton/lupos (non-AX)?? I’ve been been transfixed by that 45° middle buckle, with all the heel hold/pocket issues I’ve been having. And along with the bruises/swelling/welts I get trying to finagle my feet in/out of these ever shrinking, aggressively molded shells (3-4 times a week), I’m kinda digging the idea of the ease of entry/exit they seem to have. Also curious with how I might like their tongue-based flex style/characteristics, and their overall stance. I like skiing switch and a bit playful, in addition to the pursuit of carving ever-deeper trenches at ever-increasing speeds when the mood hits me.

And no worries re the QR codes. It was exceptionally generous/considerate of you to offer here, to begin with!
    Last edited by amunre; 01-23-2022 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks again for the excellent additional insight/feedback. I actually def did think about going to 29s. While the 30 was def too long, and the ankle area too loose (esp after the liner packed out), I generally loved the performance I’d gotten from them initially. I still remember the first run ever in them. I felt I had light-years more control than with the size 31 Dalbello ds mx 100s that I finished the previous season completely swimming in, to the point of being dangerous with how spooky that big a boot can feel when trying to ski and make turns faster/stronger/more athletically. As I researched where to go next re the size, while trying to avoid more issues with too much room, esp after the liner pack out, I learned about how last size only changes 2mm at a time per mondo size change. I felt that wasn’t gonna quite be enough for what I was feeling in the boot, if going to a prime in 29. However the 4mm drop in the last of the 28 would probably be right where I want to be. And if the length or other areas were too small with the 28, I’d try to get with the best fitter I could eventually find, and let them do their magic. I think I called it correct re the last. Coming down 4mm there for sure got me the snugness/support I was looking for in that area. But alas, the heel bumps couldn’t be fully accommodated in that heel pocket part of the shell. The bumps really aren’t that huge (tall) at all imo, I just think that maybe with this particular style of atomic shell, the heel pocket crease might just be unavoidable. It seems like a pretty aggressively formed pocket, and when doing a shell fit against my bare foot, the line/edge of the crease comes exactly across each ankle’s bump. Maybe that’s what you meant, as far as how far up the the pocket would have to come.

I had a great deal on some 29 ultras in my crosshairs this spring, with the last on those being the same as the 28 primes, and less of a squeeze in the length (I def did want to try a more gradual drop in the length that a 29 would give), but I was majorly concerned about the lower volume fit killing my instep, which was already pretty brutal with all the heavy-duty heel pocket-focused buckle ratcheting I’d been doing up to that point. Before I’d done these scans, I was convinced I had a super high instep because their circumferences are like 32-33mm (using a soft tape, measuring around from one side of the heel to the other, like they show online). I was under the impression that a measurement considerably more than the length of your foot meant you had a high instep. I’ve also always had issues with socks fitting in that area, and plenty of shoes too. From what I’ve been able to gather, a tight instep area is one of the tougher areas for a fitter to have to deal with.

All that being said, it is pretty cool that you say I can look into some low volume shells, as I was kinda wondering If I should check out the possibility after realizing the med volume primes might actually be too much volume for me in some key areas. You’d mentioned the cuff, and even with the 28s, I had the top buckle moved all the way over (tighter) to the last adjustable slot in the shell, and ratcheted to the tightest rung, and still wasn’t happy with how tight I could get them, fit/performance wise. Powerstrap to the rescue, but still, I’m not a small dude, and’ve never been accused of having anything remotely close to bird legs/narrow calves. And to my earlier point about the last, even on the 28s I had the toe buckle down to the tightest rung, worried that while nicely snug at that point, the liner would pack out to making that area too loose for me, once again!

In addition to the ultra, fit-wise, what are your thoughts on the dalbello krypton/lupos (non-AX)?? I’ve been been transfixed by that 45° middle buckle, with all the heel hold/pocket issues I’ve been having. And along with the bruises/swelling/welts I get trying to finagle my feet in/out of these ever shrinking, aggressively molded shells (3-4 times a week), I’m kinda digging the idea of the ease of entry/exit they seem to have. Also curious with how I might like their tongue-based flex style/characteristics, and their overall stance. I like skiing switch and a bit playful, in addition to the pursuit of carving ever-deeper trenches at ever-increasing speeds when the mood hits me.
    I would try a Hawx Ultra in a 29.5 as well as a Salomon S/Max in a 29.5, they have the smallest circumference cuffs at the moment, and that's one of the things that locks your heel in place (more so than an actual narrow heel in the shell) - I consider your instep height pretty average for a 29.5 foot, but as I said there are things I can't see in a 3D generated image. At any rate, heat molding either if these boots with foam over the instep works wonders.

I've punched both successfully for heel spurs, but I'd need to see you in person and when I do come to Las Vegas I don't bring bootfitting tools.

A 98mm Dalbello Krypton/Lupo might work, but the fit around the ankle isn't as snug. Can you try one on?

I would try a Hawx Ultra in a 29.5 as well as a Salomon S/Max in a 29.5, they have the smallest circumference cuffs at the moment, and that's one of the things that locks your heel in place (more so than an actual narrow heel in the shell) - I consider your instep height pretty average for a 29.5 foot, but as I said there are things I can't see in a 3D generated image. At any rate, heat molding either if these boots with foam over the instep works wonders.

I've punched both successfully for heel spurs, but I'd need to see you in person and when I do come to Las Vegas I don't bring bootfitting tools.

A 98mm Dalbello Krypton/Lupo might work, but the fit around the ankle isn't as snug. Can you try one on?
    Yeah I’d def like to try all three on as soon as I can get to places that carry them. Over the years the options out here have severely diminished, with the last place that had a fitter, and a few brands of boots, shutting down a few months ago (fitter left long before that). We actually have our own little mountain out here to ski (including some high quality, little known BC), but I guess a bit too small to keep a larger shop in business. There’s plenty of options for snowboarding, of course, but skiing, in the few places we have in town, is mostly just an afterthought. My best bet would probably the next time I’m up in Utah or maybe mammoth again (and maybe a diff shop).

Pretty excited tho, with some options to check out now based on my actual foot size/shape! I can obv go on about this stuff for days lol, but I really can’t say thanks enough for the knowledge and insight!

Hi Greg, I've been lurking on this thread for a bit, really cool stuff! I'm now in the market for some new resort focused boots and have been told in the past that I have "difficult" feet when it comes to boot fitting. I'd love to hear your thoughts on some boots that might work well with my foot shape.

I'm 6'2" and ~ 200 lb. My resort boot for the last 5 seasons has been a pair of 26.5 Fischer RC4 Vacuum 130 and I tour in a
    27.5 Hoji Free 130. The Fischers ski great but have taken a lot of abuse and the shells are falling apart. I skied with stock liners for a 2 seasons before putting in an Intuition ProWrap. The Hoji's ski great but I had to have the instep stretched and even with that they are tight on my instep which sometimes results in early season arch pain.

So far I've been looking for a 130 flex alpine boot that has tech inserts (don't care about walk mode though). It will be used for 90% inbounds but I would like to use it for a one boot quiver on trips that involve resort + light touring. I'm interested/excited about the Dabello Lupo HD Pro, Dabello Krypton 130 ID, Roxa R3 130 TI IR, and the Technica Cochise 130 but these are all not super wide boots and I'm unsure on fit. I will go get a fitting but prefer to have some knowledge going in. In the past I've had a few shops give me some bad advice. Any input is appreciated, thanks a bunch.

I'll PM you my Verifyt info but here is a screen shot from the app.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-2669.PNG 
Views:	83 
Size:	266.8 KB 
ID:	396453

Here are my Fischer scan results

Name:	IMG-2670.PNG 
Views:	74 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	396451
    Last edited by Crow; 12-12-2021 at 11:28 PM.

New Foot Scanner App

Just thought I’d give a public thank you to Greg for fitting my new Scarpas.
    IOU,
    Thanks again.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Wow, I am amazed and surprised how good this app work.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Hi Greg, I've been lurking on this thread for a bit, really cool stuff! I'm now in the market for some new resort focused boots and have been told in the past that I have "difficult" feet when it comes to boot fitting. I'd love to hear your thoughts on some boots that might work well with my foot shape.

I'm 6'2" and ~ 200 lb. My resort boot for the last 5 seasons has been a pair of 26.5 Fischer RC4 Vacuum 130 and I tour in a
    27.5 Hoji Free 130. The Fischers ski great but have taken a lot of abuse and the shells are falling apart. I skied with stock liners for a 2 seasons before putting in an Intuition ProWrap. The Hoji's ski great but I had to have the instep stretched and even with that they are tight on my instep which sometimes results in early season arch pain.

So far I've been looking for a 130 flex alpine boot that has tech inserts (don't care about walk mode though). It will be used for 90% inbounds but I would like to use it for a one boot quiver on trips that involve resort + light touring. I'm interested/excited about the Dabello Lupo HD Pro, Dabello Krypton 130 ID, Roxa R3 130 TI IR, and the Technica Cochise 130 but these are all not super wide boots and I'm unsure on fit. I will go get a fitting but prefer to have some knowledge going in. In the past I've had a few shops give me some bad advice. Any input is appreciated, thanks a bunch.

I'll PM you my Verifyt info but here is a screen shot from the app.

Name:	IMG-2669.PNG 
Views:	83 
Size:	266.8 KB 
ID:	396453

Here are my Fischer scan results

Name:	IMG-2670.PNG 
Views:	74 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	396451
    There is no reason a reasonably skilled bootfitter can't make any of those boots work for width, and the Krypton Pro and Lupo are good choices for tall instep feet (your main problem is tallish and forward insteps, 76mm left and 77mm right. Average for a 27.5 foot is 67-72mm). The R3 isn't bad either. The new Cochise is a great boot but the insteps on the new Tecnicas seem to be getting lower (on my foot, anyway) than previously. Also the Atomic Hawx Ultra is a good choice with tons of adjustability over the instep when you mold with foam over the area.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Just thought I’d give a public thank you to Greg for fitting my new Scarpas.
    IOU,
    Thanks again.
    No problem, man, it's a pleasure to work on real touring boots once in a while!

Thanks for the input Greg! I got fitted today and went with a pair of Lupo Pro HDs in 26.5. Boot fitter is going to heat mold them and maybe do a few punches to widen out the forefoot area for me.

Greg,

So I got a pair of 27.5 Lupo Pro HDs towards the end of last season. They were ground at the fifth met on each foot and I had a heel lift added. Still in the stock liners but they have been molded. I'm 6', 230 with a high arch and VERY big calves. I've got about about a finger of shell fit and they feel good length-wise. After a few days on snow this season, I've started to get hotspots at the fifth met extending to the top of the fourth, along with a bit of slosh in the heel. I'm thinking of going the Zipfit route and perhaps having more shell work done in the forefoot. I'm fairly confident that all problems can be rectified without a shell change but wanted to get your take.

Name:	IMG_D64F02262127-1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	397638

Name:	IMG_0154.PNG 
Views:	62 
Size:	689.3 KB 
ID:	397639
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Greg,

So I got a pair of 27.5 Lupo Pro HDs towards the end of last season. They were ground at the fifth met on each foot and I had a heel lift added. Still in the stock liners but they have been molded. I'm 6', 230 with a high arch and VERY big calves. I've got about about a finger of shell fit and they feel good length-wise. After a few days on snow this season, I've started to get hotspots at the fifth met extending to the top of the fourth, along with a bit of slosh in the heel. I'm thinking of going the Zipfit route and perhaps having more shell work done in the forefoot. I'm fairly confident that all problems can be rectified without a shell change but wanted to get your take.
    Hard to say without seeing your foot in person; doesn't look like you shared the Verifyt data with me so I can't look at the instep numbers or side view. Going with a Zipfit MIGHT give you more room in the toebox because the neoprene front part of the liner is super thin, but if you are getting compression you need to make the shell wider. They ground the boot at the fifth mets? The Lupo HD is a thick shell, but there is a limit to how much you can grind any modern boot - have them punch it and extend the punch forward to the fifth distal phalanges.

Cool app and so much excellent information in this thread. Thanks Greg! Would you mind looking at another scan? I’m trying to do a buy and minimally self fit since I’m a couple of hours away from some of the bigger resorts/ towns with really experienced bootfitters. I’m not against making the drive if I have to but would also like to see if I can get close on my own since I like to tinker. I’m hoping I’ll be a candidate for some version of Hawx for in bounds and Zero G for touring. No rush, it’s a busy time of year. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by RAB3 View Post
    Cool app and so much excellent information in this thread. Thanks Greg! Would you mind looking at another scan? I’m trying to do a buy and minimally self fit since I’m a couple of hours away from some of the bigger resorts/ towns with really experienced bootfitters. I’m not against making the drive if I have to but would also like to see if I can get close on my own since I like to tinker. I’m hoping I’ll be a candidate for some version of Hawx for in bounds and Zero G for touring. No rush, it’s a busy time of year. Thanks in advance!
    Sure. Do the scan and share the data with me using my work email (see your PM's).

Thanks Greg! I just sent them. Here’s a screenshot to keep info in this thread. Thanks again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E658E68F-E04F-44D3-A9A5-91F701C9997C.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	397874  

Quote Originally Posted by RAB3 View Post
    Thanks Greg! I just sent them.
    Got 'em. See your email for my answer, but I don't see any reason why the boots you mention can't work.

Thanks Greg! It's so nice to have a good starting point for those of us in the sticks. I really appreciate it!

Just want to post my thanks again to Greg. Last season I was having major boot fitment issues. No boot fitter was able to properly fit me. My ankles were destroyed after a day or two of hard skiing. After using this app, and following gregs recommendation, I am in an amazing fitting boot and am able to ski 2x as hard…with less pain than every previous pair of boots that I have owned. Thanks again.

Hey Greg, just check out this app and gave it a go.

I'm in a 26.5 technica zero g that I have been skiing daily because my Lange xt3 low volumes have never worked out (foot, lower leg falling asleep). The ZeroGs needed a little widening on the sides and that was it, but they are not as tight as i'd like.

Any idea what boot might be a good fit for this foot? I'm not sure my right foot really is 102... but maybe that's why the 97 Lange isn't great. The langes seem to keep a lot of pressure on top of my foot (even after liner work and a lot of time at the shop) and squeeze from the sides causing cramping, I think.

Name:	File_000.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	358.4 KB 
ID:	398240

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Hey Greg, just check out this app and gave it a go.

I'm in a 26.5 technica zero g that I have been skiing daily because my Lange xt3 low volumes have never worked out (foot, lower leg falling asleep). The ZeroGs needed a little widening on the sides and that was it, but they are not as tight as i'd like.

Any idea what boot might be a good fit for this foot? I'm not sure my right foot really is 102... but maybe that's why the 97 Lange isn't great. The langes seem to keep a lot of pressure on top of my foot (even after liner work and a lot of time at the shop) and squeeze from the sides causing cramping, I think.

Name:	File_000.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	358.4 KB 
ID:	398240
    Did you check your PM's and share the data with me?

The reason your foot is falling asleep is almost certainly instep pressure and not lack of width (102mm in a 27.5 foot is not at all wide), but I can't see your instep profile or numbers in this screenshot.

Hey gregL any chance you'd be willing to look at another scan? Trying to find a ~1 kg class touring boot but not a ton available locally to try on, could use a little advice.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Hey gregL any chance you'd be willing to look at another scan? Trying to find a ~1 kg class touring boot but not a ton available locally to try on, could use a little advice.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Answers sent to your email . . .