Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    No problem at all, just saving those select few from going through the entire process again and realizing they still have the issue

EDIT: iPhone 7 too, makes sense now
    Sorry. Pretty sure the devs for these apps buy new phones (or get them issued by the company) like we buy new skis - can't imagine that someone would actually be walking around with a 4 year old phone . . .

Greg I didn't read the whole thread, but would some smaller feet still be helpful? My wife is in like a 22.5.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Greg I didn't read the whole thread, but would some smaller feet still be helpful? My wife is in like a 22.5.
    Yes, very helpful - I have very few women in the chart, and very few 22-23 examples. Please include screenshots from the front, left side and right side angled so I can see the arch contour. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Yes, very helpful - I have very few women in the chart, and very few 22-23 examples. Please include screenshots from the front, left side and right side angled so I can see the arch contour. Thanks!
    I’ll try to get to this in the next couple days. I have a coworker who I think measures out to 21.5 even and may have been by there recently. I’ll pass it along to her too.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    I’ll try to get to this in the next couple days. I have a coworker who I think measures out to 21.5 even and may have been by there recently. I’ll pass it along to her too.
    You can add them as "family" on your account if you like, so they don't have to go through the hassle of downloading the app, etc.

I tried it and got a surprisingly different results for left vs right foot. I suspect they're different but doubt its that much. I.e. heel width difference, and I'd honestly suspect my instep is lower on my right foot as its the "bad" one that I have trouble with (and a low arch, I think).

I used the app by myself... is this possibly me not being as consistent in positioning while I'm moving the phone around? Anyone have different results if someone else is holding the phone for you?

It does put me in a 25 shell which is what I use so that's good.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I tried it and got a surprisingly different results for left vs right foot. I suspect they're different but doubt its that much. I.e. heel width difference, and I'd honestly suspect my instep is lower on my right foot as its the "bad" one that I have trouble with (and a low arch, I think).

I used the app by myself... is this possibly me not being as consistent in positioning while I'm moving the phone around? Anyone have different results if someone else is holding the phone for you?

It does put me in a 25 shell which is what I use so that's good.

Almost everyone's feet are different in length - 3-4mm is not uncommon at all. Why do you think it's wrong?

I get slightly different numbers every time I scan my feet, but the range is normally about 1 to 2 millimeters. The numbers were in the same range when my wife scanned my feet.

Could you post left and right side screenshots as well? Instep conflicts are a product of both height and fore/aft position of the high point on the instep. What boot(s) are you in now?

Thanks!

My thinking on why its wrong is that one heel is a lot wider than the other and one instep (on the foot i think i have a low arch on) is high.

I'm in a cochise 120, 25.

I'll try to take some caliper measurements and pics when I get a chance later today.

So I'm not exactly sure where to measure with calipers but i get the same number for my heels at about 60mm... much less than both numbers.

I get about the same number for width but a 1mm difference seems within tolerance so no biggie... I measure around 99 to 100mm.

For instep, I do surprisingly measure about 5mm higher on the right... so that's accurate.

I should mention that part of why I'm doing this is trying to figure out if I should try to squeeze into a Mach1 LV. A very little play in the heel and instep areas are my only complaints on the fit on the cochise.

They don't feel too loose but I do get foot pain when I tighten my boots "too much" and most of it is on the outside of my right foot, right around the middle of the length. That foot is naturally slightly everted due to a couple of injuries and I'm honestly starting to wonder if the pain is coming from my foot trying to evert when the ski isn't.

Maybe I'm overtightening because the boot is a little too voluminous?

Keeps glitching.... on try number 4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D30A21B6-C0C1-47B8-9ED3-6251634EDA7F.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	361123

Success..... seems a lil narrow but

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Keeps glitching.... on try number 4
    What phone are you using?

WiFi connection is good?

What phone are you using?

WiFi connection is good?

I am in the woods of Vermont.

I should mention that part of why I'm doing this is trying to figure out if I should try to squeeze into a Mach1 LV. A very little play in the heel and instep areas are my only complaints on the fit on the cochise.
    Are you doing this with the help of a bootfitter you trust, or are you trying to ski it out of the box with maybe a home heat mold?

If the former, I would say go for the Mach 1 LV. My formula for width (it helps me to see the overhead view of the feet and side views) is generally to "normalize" the Verifyt number to the 26.5 equivalent (in your case, add 2mm). Then you can usually drop 5-6mm to find the proper last, more if you have excellent bootfitting available and the overall volume of your foot is OK (average).

In your case, 105.2mm less 6mm equals the last on your Cochise, but the Mach 1 LV is only 1mm narrower in the forefoot (ankle and medial midfoot are quite a bit smaller, though). So assuming your foot is not expecially "thick" and you have someone to modify the shell a bit, it should be possible.

Again, in the absence of having your foot in front of me, other views from your Verifyt scan would be a help.

I am in the woods of Vermont.
    The app has a strong preference for iPhones 8 and later and really good connectivity.

The app has a strong preference for iPhones 8 and later and really good connectivity.
    I’m on a iPhone 7 as well. Thoughts on the scan? I am in a RS130 & RX130 LV & Lupo HD.... all in 24, that feel big. Attempts at a 24 plug have been no beuno, 25 plug feels large..... may try a 23 RS 130.

Thanks in advance.

I’m on a iPhone 7 as well. Thoughts on the scan? I am in a RS130 & RX130 LV & Lupo HD.... all in 24, that feel big. Attempts at a 24 plug have been no beuno, 25 plug feels large..... may try a 23 RS 130.

Thanks in advance.
    Haven't seen your scan or numbers yet.

Haven't seen your scan or numbers yet.

Name:	1E35817D-8F65-4947-9964-87CB2644DEEE.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	361136

Are you doing this with the help of a bootfitter you trust, or are you trying to ski it out of the box with maybe a home heat mold?

If the former, I would say go for the Mach 1 LV. My formula for width (it helps me to see the overhead view of the feet and side views) is generally to "normalize" the Verifyt number to the 26.5 equivalent (in your case, add 2mm). Then you can usually drop 5-6mm to find the proper last, more if you have excellent bootfitting available and the overall volume of your foot is OK (average).

In your case, 105.2mm less 6mm equals the last on your Cochise, but the Mach 1 LV is only 1mm narrower in the forefoot (ankle and medial midfoot are quite a bit smaller, though). So assuming your foot is not expecially "thick" and you have someone to modify the shell a bit, it should be possible.

Again, in the absence of having your foot in front of me, other views from your Verifyt scan would be a help.
    I would love to home mould the liner and be done. If it's close but not there I'd consider a boot fitter but don't have one in particular... unless mntlion is taking work... not sure.

Also I'm not sure where 105.2mm comes from? My lasts measure 103 and 102 on the scan and a little less than that with calipers.

Do the following images help?

The actual photo of my foot has an arrow where I get the pain. This is on my right foot and if I'm going to have a problem, that's where it will be. It feels almost exactly the same as on my left foot but might be a hair thicker vertically.

Left foot is usually no issues.

Also I'm not sure where 105.2mm comes from? My lasts measure 103 and 102 on the scan and a little less than that with calipers.
    Thanks for the images. 105.2 comes from adding 2mm to the wider foot - boot lasts are given for a 26.5 boot, and this number is usually acceptable for a new user with no access to bootfitting and no experience wearing ski boots.

Most experienced skiers (i.e. TGR crowd) can easily go 5-6mm narrower, sometimes much more with the help of the right bootfitter.

Last width is measured at the metatarsals, however, and so doesn't account for the extra width at the lateral midfoot (if you are getting bone contact it would be the styloid process). Most feet are much narrower here; making it wider so you don't have to buy a longer boot or a high volume last is the bootfitter's job.

^^^ thanks for your input... much appreciated.

Thoughts on the scan? I am in a RS130 & RX130 LV & Lupo HD.... all in 24, that feel big. Attempts at a 24 plug have been no beuno, 25 plug feels large..... may try a 23 RS 130.
    Glad you got it to work; results with iPhone 7 have been very inconsistent. I would say 24.5 is the right length, but no one makes a recreational boot narrow enough for your foot structure. What plug did you try, and why didn't it work?

Ok, gave this a whirl. Wideish but relatively flatter forefoot (prominent 6th toe) with a narrow ankle and bony narrow heel w very straight achilles insertion. Currently in a Gen 1 Cochise 130 Pro 27.5 with nav punches and some forefoot punches . Length is pretty good, but my right big toe and 3rd toe can crush the boot front. Also have a heel lift from crappy dorsiflexion. Looking for something new soon.

Name:	Screenshot_20210203-235248.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	361182

Name:	Screenshot_20210203-235236.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	361183

Name:	Screenshot_20210203-235258.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	361181

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Ok, gave this a whirl. Wideish but relatively flatter forefoot (prominent 6th toe) with a narrow ankle and bony narrow heel w very straight achilles insertion. Currently in a Gen 1 Cochise 130 Pro 27.5 with nav punches and some forefoot punches . Length is pretty good, but my right big toe and 3rd toe can crush the boot front. Also have a heel lift from crappy dorsiflexion. Looking for something new soon.
    No reason not to stay with a 27.5 Cochise (I am assuming you want a hybrid boot with touring capability), I would probably look at the new one (2022) with the lockable external walk mode, but the current model is fine. Another option might be a Hawx Prime XTD (both are relatively tall instep boots, which could be an issue for you, esp. on the left). If you're happy with whoever did the navicular and forefoot work on your old boots, take the new ones to the same fitter. Have them give you a little extra length on the right boot while you're there.

Glad you got it to work; results with iPhone 7 have been very inconsistent. I would say 24.5 is the right length, but no one makes a recreational boot narrow enough for your foot structure. What plug did you try, and why didn't it work?
    I *think* my talus / malleolus is just "fat" often the second buckle refuses to overlap the shell & the heel just feels as if its not sitting where it should be. Mid foot is just all jammed up. Clog/cuff tend to run into each other in 24 from Lange/Rossi, Dobie & Salomon.... Dobie in a 25 works best of the bunch, but is excessively long. Fischer, Salomon, Lange 25's feel way too long.... Cuff on the 24's also tends to feel too low, esp w/ Langes.