Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    ehhh i guess for $200 they're good. i was on their speed84 for a little bit and i HATED them. it's heavier than other UL skis and it skied worse than they did as well - felt like i was constantly going over the handlebars, tip dive, poor-ish float, and just "fine" edge performance.

i'm on bd cirque 84's now which i like more in every possible way. they're like 300g lighter AND they ski better.
    Keywords were "uphill crowd" and "mellow touring," which comprise 80-90% of people in CO mountain towns who own a touring setup and use them to skin at the resort and go on hut trips.

Keywords were not "tech talk nerds," "300g binder peeps," "eXpresso mags" or "people who actually ski the backcountry"

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Keywords were "uphill crowd" and "mellow touring," which comprise 80-90% of people in CO mountain towns who own a touring setup and use them to skin at the resort and go on hut trips.

Keywords were not "tech talk nerds," "300g binder peeps," "eXpresso mags" or "people who actually ski the backcountry"
    eh yeah for $200 it's really hard to go wrong. and i didn't hate them that much, just enough to ditch them. i didn't turn them into a chair, smash kevin's windows with them, or do anything else - just passed them on to some other poor unsuspecting soul.

those dynafit tour94's look decent too

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Would not recommend unless you want a very casual ski.
    Thanks for the feedback. Kinda what I suspected. The search continues for a between storms, everyday charger.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    FWIW, I had the 186 V92, skied it four days, mostly on hard pack. I didn't like it. Very soft front half of the ski, too much tail, felt very short - I mounted on the line, and it may have been better mounted back 2cm or so.
    Visually, I agree. I bought the 179 V92 and I never see the tips in my peripheral. But skiing wise, they feel like wide GS skis to me. Never felt too short to me. Mounted mine on the line. I go way too fast on them.

Agree with singlecross...for zooming groomers (mostly what we do inbounds here in the east) the V series rocks but for more versatility, the Evolv 90 would be a better choice.

Pulled the trigger on the FX95 189s - couldn't resist at the price. I have a BMX 105 that I really like at the same length so thinking these will be way more groomer friendly... which the BMXs are actually, except for east coast firm/ice. But then again, my carving technique is not very good and if it's that firm, I'm not skiing.

For what it's worth, I'm #220 and have never felt my BMXs are too soft. They seem fairly damp and are super stable. (DISCLAIMER: at my speeds)
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Jumped on the train with some Evolv90s. Should simplify the quiver a bit.

Western "hard" days -- Evolv90s
    Chargy days -- Corvus
    Playful days / Low tide -- Deathwish
    Big days -- Protest

I've never looked at Liberty skis but those prices are hard to beat and I'm in the market for a groomer/hardpack day. 6'4, 220, based in Seattle. Current quiver is as follows:

Touring/Firmer days: Praxis BC 190
    Rock skis/playful day: 4FRNT Hoji 195
    Powder: Praxis GPO 192.

I really enjoy carving and the BC is actually a pretty decent carver out west, but with a 26m radius, it's hard to really carve without being scared of the speed on anything other than a green or mellow blue. Hesitating between the Liberty V76, V82, V92, or Evolv90. Ideally I'd like to have ski that's not completely shit on moguls, but I realise that the better the ski is on moguls, and the less of a carver it's going to be. Any thoughts on model and/or sizing?

On the V-series, it's all about what turn radius you want. They all have the same construction so the 76 is not a watered down 92. If I lived west of the Missisippi, I'd own the Evolv90

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    On the V-series, it's all about what turn radius you want. They all have the same construction so the 76 is not a watered down 92. If I lived west of the Missisippi, I'd own the Evolv90
    Longest length available on the Evolv90 is 179 though, which may be a little short for me for an all-mountain?

That's also the longest length available for the V76, though that may be less of an issue if it's a pure carver. The V82 is available in a 186, which is closer to the normal length of skis I would use. The reviews from the liberty website seem to say that the V82 handles the bumps pretty well. Shame that they don't state what the V82 turn radius is in 186 length. Has anyone skied it?

186cm V82 has a 18 meter radius... the 186cm V92 has a 19 meter radius. I own and ski a 186cm V92 at 5'8" and 175lbs and it's not too much ski at all for frontside skiing. I think you will want the 186cm V82 at your size.

Thanks for the advice. Went with the 82 in a 186 length! Will report back on this screaming deal .

Same. 82 @ 186. Planning to insert them myself again. Will see myself over to the Mount Your Own Fucking Skis thread but wondering if I need to account for anything with the “spring steel mounting plates”.

Bastards cancelled my order...”no longer available”. Hope you all had better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    Bastards cancelled my order...”no longer available”. Hope you all had better luck.
    My Evolves came today. Guess I got lucky. I have had STP cancel on me numerous times in the past as well.

Also got my evolves today. Look pretty solid, excited to get them mounted up

6-3, 210...the V82/EVolv90 @ 179 would def seem short, no?

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    6-3, 210...the V82/EVolv90 @ 179 would def seem short, no?

Bummer, sorry about that. I guess it depends on what use you want out of them, but I definitely considered going 179 on the V76, purely because I wanted a really good carver. Based on Liberty's rec, you would still be in the right range with a 179. But I guess that might be a bit short if you're planning on using them as an all-mountain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 20.32.39.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	476.0 KB 
ID:	358463  

Looks like the V82s in a 186 are available again on STP. One left in stock. Had my first day on them today, great groomer ski. Heavy, damp, great grip, and snappy going from one edge to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    The V92 carves well and will offer a little more versatility than the V82 but it is still primarily a frontside/on-piste type of ski. If your thinking mostly groomer carving, I'd go V82. If you want more all-mountain with the ability to still carve groomers well, I'd go Evolv90. The Evolv series are Liberty's best skis IMHO.
    Mine arrived the other day. Looking for something pretty easy to ski for tele. E100s take more speed and are more locked in than I like for tele, and am hoping these are a bit more casual

Quote Originally Posted by HHTELE View Post
    Mine arrived the other day. Looking for something pretty easy to ski for tele. E100s take more speed and are more locked in than I like for tele, and am hoping these are a bit more casual
    E100s = Nordica Enforcer 100 or Rossi Experience 100?