Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PSA: Liberty skis $199 + free ship at Sierra

Liberty skis are on clearance at Sierra for $199 + free shipping. The V-series are smooth, stable, and very easy to use frontside carvers. The evolv90 is a great carver that adds some versatility for low tide off piste. These have been getting some good reviews and I have enjoyed my V92 and evolv100 FWIW.

https://www.sierra.com/s~liberty/#productLink872VX

Not just Liberty. They have Black Crows and Kastles for $199 and all of their DPS are massively reduced. Deal would be much better with a damn 25% off coupon, but alas, it appears those days are over.

yeah, been waiting for this drop. thx for the heads up.

IN for some Black Crows Daemon Birdies and Kastle FX95's for me. Good deals, almost bought more skis than I need, especially since I have 3 sets of alpine and one set of dynafits looking for a home.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Some pretty solid deals, especially if you are in shorter length skis. Not much available for bigger guys.

Also decent deal on Scarpa Freedom boots. Both 120 and 130 for $199.

they've got a small selection of 189's but I was talked out of the factions by a friend who has done a ton of testing, ended up on the 189 FX95's
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    they've got a small selection of 189's but I was talked out of the factions by a friend who has done a ton of testing, ended up on the 189 FX95's
    I damn near pulled the trigger on those as well. Will probably regret passing them up, but I do still love my E100s in that class.

I was tempted by the FX95s, but google tells me that this version does not have metal -- for that, it needs to be labeled "FX95 HP." Am I correct on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I was tempted by the FX95s, but google tells me that this version does not have metal -- for that, it needs to be labeled "FX95 HP." Am I correct on that?
    I believe so. Going to give them a shot and see how they do, worst that happens is I flip them. Dictator 189 apparently has two layers of metal, tempted by that one, but went Kastle

Correct, non-HP has no metal. Not a noodle, but not nearly as torsionally stiff or driveable.

The Dynafit touring ski deals are insane, especially for the uphill crowd or mellow touring.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Correct, non-HP has no metal. Not a noodle, but not nearly as torsionally stiff or driveable.

The Dynafit touring ski deals are insane, especially for the uphill crowd or mellow touring.

ehhh i guess for $200 they're good. i was on their speed84 for a little bit and i HATED them. it's heavier than other UL skis and it skied worse than they did as well - felt like i was constantly going over the handlebars, tip dive, poor-ish float, and just "fine" edge performance.

i'm on bd cirque 84's now which i like more in every possible way. they're like 300g lighter AND they ski better.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    IN for some Black Crows Daemon Birdies and Kastle FX95's for me. Good deals, almost bought more skis than I need, especially since I have 3 sets of alpine and one set of dynafits looking for a home.
    In for the Birdies as well. Should make for a good all-mountain ski with A/T bindings for side country lady fun.

Almost snagged some FX95 in 189 to replace my older Q-Lab 104 as my daily rippers, but couldn't bring myself to it. I just get on with the Q-Lab too well.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. I cannot buy more skis.

Liberty V series are the shit for groomer zooming.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Fuck, fuck, fuck. I cannot buy more skis.

Liberty V series are the shit for groomer zooming.
    I hear that but didn't listen... so a V76 is on its way to me.

Funny thing is that I wouldn't have ever gotten a 76mm ski unless on clearance, but it's probably what I should be skiing on most days in Maine. This season especially... Low tide with a hard bottom.

edit to add: I agree that Liberty is making some very good skis right now. Seems they're in a bit of no mans land however... not as recognized as the big brands but not as cool as the small brands.
    Last edited by singlecross; 01-12-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Hmmmm, my narrowest ski right now is a Head Kore 99. Really torn between the DPS Foundation Cassiars in 87/94 vs the Liberty V's for low tide...

darn, missed the black crows at $200. had them in my cart for $300

enjoy, fun ski

Looking at the kastle fx 95. I think I'd be better suited in the hp version at 220lbs. Would the non hp still be a good ski for a big guy?

Thanks for the PSA! I’m considering the liberty v92 or v82 179, need a carving ski for low snow days in Tahoe. Currently have a 4frnt msp 99 and a blizzard rustler 10 as my narrowest skis. the v82 is probably the choice to diversify, but v92 seems like a strong carver with a bit more versatility too. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The V92 carves well and will offer a little more versatility than the V82 but it is still primarily a frontside/on-piste type of ski. If your thinking mostly groomer carving, I'd go V82. If you want more all-mountain with the ability to still carve groomers well, I'd go Evolv90. The Evolv series are Liberty's best skis IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by skier2265 View Post
    Thanks for the PSA! I’m considering the liberty v92 or v82 179, need a carving ski for low snow days in Tahoe. Currently have a 4frnt msp 99 and a blizzard rustler 10 as my narrowest skis. the v82 is probably the choice to diversify, but v92 seems like a strong carver with a bit more versatility too. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    In a similar position in CO. E100 is my narrowest. I ended up with the Evolve90 because, from what 2 separate friends who have been on both told me, you don't lose much, if any, carving ability vs the V92 and the Evolve 90 can hang with 6"-8" of fresh and leftovers.
    Last edited by cspringsposer; 01-12-2021 at 08:01 PM.

FWIW, I had the 186 V92, skied it four days, mostly on hard pack. I didn't like it. Very soft front half of the ski, too much tail, felt very short - I mounted on the line, and it may have been better mounted back 2cm or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Pulled the trigger on some Evolv90s. Now to track down some bindings...anyone got a lead on cheap binders with narrow brakes? Corbett's sale section is pretty picked overat the moment
    Think everything I've got on-hand is wider than I'd want to throw on there.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    FWIW, I had the 186 V92, skied it four days, mostly on hard pack. I didn't like it. Very soft front half of the ski, too much tail, felt very short - I mounted on the line, and it may have been better mounted back 2cm or so.
    I can see that... like the old Rossi E98 which the V92 reminds me of in a "Lite" version. I have a 188 E98 and the 186 V92.

I know it;s techtalk jong, but I love my brahma 88 but they are tired. would the dps cassiar f87 be a suitable replacement? all mountain east coast ski
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by skibummin View Post
    Looking at the kastle fx 95. I think I'd be better suited in the hp version at 220lbs. Would the non hp still be a good ski for a big guy?
    Would not recommend unless you want a very casual ski.