Rapid boot heater?

Before I rig some hoses up to the heater vent in the passenger side of my car, is there an inexpensive boot heater that will warm my already dry boots in like 10 minutes? My boots stay in the car at work (don't want to bring them in the building for various reasons, mostly optics) but it's only 10 minutes to the hill after work.

Put em on the passenger floor board and floor heat on high? Your car probably barely warms up in 10 minutes though.

I say screw it and bring them into the office.

Could you just throw a pair of hand warmers in on your afternoon break?

Can you do an inverter through the car outlet and a dryguy setup?

Power inverter or cigarette lighter plug with some dryguy boot dryers would probably be up your alley.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bring into the office inside a boot bag?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    If you have a car with an always hot cigarette lighter you could do this and plug them in an hour or so before you leave. They make ones with a 12v plug so no inverter neccessary.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    I looked at the dry guy reviews, and they say the heating is rather anemic...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bring into the office inside a boot bag?
    Well...the office is a school, and I often walk past colleagues still meeting with students, and then through a parking lot with parents, so even though everyone knows I'm likely headed to the hill, I try to keep a little lower profile...

I like the hand warmer idea

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

toe warmers are > handwarmers cuz of the sticky back, you can stick them wherever you want, on toes/ on the inside of gloves/ on I-phones

handwarmers just fall out of the glove on the snow

I would be wary of killing the battery on anything that plugs into the cig lighter for too long
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've seen microwave body warmers that I think are made out of rice in a heavy sock.

Would that be too hot to place in a boot? If you could sneak outside at lunch, that might work. Or, they could be hot enough to drop in as you drive over to ski.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

These plugged into your cigarette lighter/power socket. It only pulls 13w, so it won't even come close to draining your car battery.
    It has a slight heating element, and circulating fan.
    Name:  DCEA03BC-0938-40FE-A78E-8B572F02B31C.jpeg
Views: 1693
Size:  55.9 KB

wear them to work.

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post

Well...the office is a school, and I often walk past colleagues still meeting with students, and then through a parking lot with parents, so even though everyone knows I'm likely headed to the hill, I try to keep a little lower profile...
    Carrying a backpack in/out would look bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    These plugged into your cigarette lighter/power socket. It only pulls 13w, so it won't even come close to draining your car battery.
    It has a slight heating element, and circulating fan.
    Name:  DCEA03BC-0938-40FE-A78E-8B572F02B31C.jpeg
Views: 1693
Size:  55.9 KB
    That's what I have/was talking about. Run out an hour before the end of the day and plug em in. But I didn't realize the draw was that low, you probably could just run them all day.

Owners of BW bugs back in the day used to install gasoline fueled heaters taken from WWII bombers because the stock heaters on air-cooled VW's sucked. Aim one of those at the boots on the passenger side floor and 10 minutes should be plenty of time to warm your boots (and set your car on fire, which was one of the side effects.)

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    Before I rig some hoses up to the heater vent in the passenger side of my car, is there an inexpensive boot heater that will warm my already dry boots in like 10 minutes? My boots stay in the car at work (don't want to bring them in the building for various reasons, mostly optics) but it's only 10 minutes to the hill after work.
    I know there are heated boot bags. Some ex racer chick I used to know had one. Pretty much needed to get race boots on.

I’m always concerned it would un mold my intuitions.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Owners of BW bugs back in the day used to install gasoline fueled heaters taken from WWII bombers because the stock heaters on air-cooled VW's sucked. Aim one of those at the boots on the passenger side floor and 10 minutes should be plenty of time to warm your boots (and set your car on fire, which was one of the side effects.)
    I had a VW westphailia that came from VW with a gas heater in the back, the heat came out of a grille under the backseat/bed

the heat from the aircooled engine sucked so i unscrewed the grille & jammed an 8ft dryer vent hose in the vent hole using some work socks for a gaskette, run the hose up between the seats and just point it wherever you needed heat, defrost the windshield at your feet or shove it up inside your coat if it was really cold

I eventualy figured out why there was no heat coming out of the heater vents ... coupling between engine and front of the van had comepletly rusted away

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    toe warmers are > handwarmers cuz of the sticky back, you can stick them wherever you want, on toes/ on the inside of gloves/ on I-phones

handwarmers just fall out of the glove on the snow
    hand warmers heat up more, though.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If you can't get a gear bag or backpack to carry them into work with you (you say they know you are going skiing) then you need to either get a hair dryer, heat gun, or even better yet a flame thrower or propane torch to heat those up faster as the 10 minutes is not going to cut it with the car heater unless you have some remote start that you can let the car run for a good while.

Does the resort not have seasonal lockers?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    hand warmers heat up more, though.
    maybe but you can't put em in a boot, if you put em in a glove and they keep falling out in the snow everytime you take the glove off

I buy foot warmers by the display box (ask for a volume discount) pull the backing off and carefully put them sticky side up on the back of your hand and stick em into the tops of gloves & Mitts as well as on my toes,

the ski club sticks to warmers on the radio linked timing gear or i-phones or whatever needs the heat and you can't do that with handwarmers

A product that doesn’t exist. No one wants to cook their liners.

Mcgyver it bro.

Are there car lighter heating pads? Google says yes. Wrap one or two around your boots. Plug in on the way to the hill?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Put em on the passenger floor board and floor heat on high? Your car probably barely warms up in 10 minutes though.

I say screw it and bring them into the office.
    +1
    Walk out and start your car 5 minutes before you are leaving. Heat cranked, a towel covering your boots on the passenger floor and they will be warmer than being inside with you.
    I have a heated boot bag and an always on cigarettes adapter, there are days that I was late plugging the bag in, or forgot all together.
    I’ll toss my boots on the passenger floor, start the car and crank the heat to high and roll down the windows. Being 30 minutes from the hill, I stay with the heat and windows as long as I can (less than 10) then turn it down.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like I'll be spending some time today with velco/duct tape/old washing machine water drain lines and connecting them to floor vent. Yesterday I tried the full heater blast to the floor with the windows open, tough to direct the heat where it needs to go. If that doesnt work I'll just go back to bringing my boots inside, optics be damned.