Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In a pineapple and wants to ski
    Posts
    1,572

    Proof that shoving horseshoes up yer arse works!

    Montana. Someone posted this footage on reddit a few days ago.



    Did this cross the skin track? Reminds me of the stuff that's been posted about WB Cowboy Ridge the last few days. Surprised it didn't slide where skier #2 was standing. The side angle looks good enough to go too. Looks like he is standing on large surface hoar.
    In search of diversion, many crew Members defy the quarantine restrictions and pick up pets from the various habitable worlds they explore (Sure Thing, Isaac Asimov). Quando omni flunkus, moritati (always recite before the Possum Lodge Word Game).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,018
    The follow up


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    1,611
    Holy shit, that is pretty incredible footage. So damn lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,653
    lol wow

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,848
    I have the feeling that this was a compression failure, since the skier is half way across the flats when the fracture happens. But, its hard to tell if the propagation goes up hill or not.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Montana. Someone posted this footage on reddit a few days ago.



    Did this cross the skin track? Reminds me of the stuff that's been posted about WB Cowboy Ridge the last few days. Surprised it didn't slide where skier #2 was standing. The side angle looks good enough to go too. Looks like he is standing on large surface hoar.
    Holy shit. Remember to get out of debris paths when stopping.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,804
    This was a mag in the Montana thread, there's a bit of a discussion in there

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    793
    More details in the Montana thread. Go back to 1/10 or so. Ted26 has the details, if I understand properly he was the skier.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In a pineapple and wants to ski
    Posts
    1,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    More details in the Montana thread. Go back to 1/10 or so. Ted26 has the details, if I understand properly he was the skier.
    Got it. For everyone else, starts here:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...83#post6193983
    In search of diversion, many crew Members defy the quarantine restrictions and pick up pets from the various habitable worlds they explore (Sure Thing, Isaac Asimov). Quando omni flunkus, moritati (always recite before the Possum Lodge Word Game).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    11,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Holy shit. Remember to get out of debris paths when stopping.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    True.
    Seen way too many people stop on the flats.
    Thinking they need to watch the next skier, or they are “done”.
    Those treeless flat areas are danger run outs.

    But damn. Crazy video. Never seen one like that before.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

    “I got the degree of Stamp-licker from the Bezuzus Mail-order University”
    Babbitt, by Sinclair Lewis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •