Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tell that to Freddie Couples and Tiger.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

If you have knee issues biking is great! No impact and only strengthens the knee capsule!

Just don’t crash; which if your goal is to not hurt things that can be safely accomplished.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don't know if hiking/walking is a sport, but if I had to pick one activity to do for the rest of my life, that would be it.

How much of getting hurt is from being in BAD shape
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Tell that to Freddie Couples and Tiger.
    Those two are outliers who hit a million balls. I'll give you Sam Snead and Gary Player. I predicted Tigers career would end with back issues when he first joined the tour. You probably don't know as many 70-80 year old lifetime golfers as I do. They don't swing like Tiger or like the 40 somthings that I see. Anyway, Bocce does have its dangers. Like maybe, falling off of the end of the bench.Name:  29177851_1919582021408260_353785870739832832_n (1).jpg
Views: 622
Size:  81.9 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Best fix for golfers/tennis elbow and carpel tunnel is the iron fist (rice bucket). It uses opposition to change muscle, ligament, and tendon imbalances.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dhNDPD4gxpc

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    scuba diving is low intensity
    I mean if Jerry could handle it...

Name:  Image1610667229.682717.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  76.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Idyllwild View Post
    Best fix for golfers/tennis elbow and carpel tunnel is the iron fist (rice bucket). It uses opposition to change muscle, ligament, and tendon imbalances.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dhNDPD4gxpc
    Wow, just doing a few of those just sitting here without the rice works the painful elbow tendon bigtime. Actually to the point of acute pain.
    Great time to try icing now.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Everytime my feet start to hurt while touring I ask myself, “Why don’t you get into hobbies like fantasy football, billiards, jet ski’s or sailing? Why so much uphill work on your days off...

The feet...so many little parts. Are we talking plantar fasciitis? Swelling, ankles? Stretch those feet. Lacross ball, big toe dips/raises.

Get on a contrast bathing schedule if injured. 2 min hot, 2 min cold. 20 mins 2-3x a day. Great for speeding up healing to feet and hands.

If it’s pain/nerve issues. Full Ice baths on the daily for the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Ice hockey is surprisingly easy on the knees. The barrier to entry is high, and it's not particularly easy on the face.
    This is true, and cage/shield eliminate the face issue (no more spittin' chicklets--some of us have modeling careers to think about), but it's not easy on the back. And there is a not insignificant danger factor...but when things don't go wrong it's actually relatively easy on the body. Lots of guys 60+ play.

Also, excellent for staying in good ski shape.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Flail Chest View Post
    Everytime my feet start to hurt while touring I ask myself, “Why don’t you get into hobbies like fantasy football, billiards, jet ski’s or sailing? Why so much uphill work on your days off...
    I'm going to second the ice baths for feet, my feet were still hurting 10 days after a 24hr event

So I asked the PT from auz who suggested ice baths, so for how long ?

he said " long as you can stand it mate, I used to ice down entire rugby players the day after the big match "

a beer cooler half full of snow & water is ideal for the feet

kickin it in 2-3 times a week submerged in cool/cold water for 10-20 min sessions- game changer for recovery.

Ice hockey is awesome but I have seen a lot of injuries and actually blew an ACL myself playing rec league in my 30's. SUP is low risk activity from my experience so far.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    as someone that tore my PCL, and then separately broke 8 bones and collapsed a lung, I strongly disagree. Maybe if you're riding gravel or XC.
    Or better yet, road biking.

My buddy keeps telling me to take up Scuba Diving. Doesn't hurt the body unless you drown...

he is right ^^ just don't breathe the water

and it is a sport that one could do with their wife/gf and as long as you both are ok in the the water you are pretty equal, get weightless and float around in the water is pretty cool

as for some of these other posts Ice hockey being easy on the body gimme a fucking break

I was going to recomend yoga

my PT suggested stationary biking, instead of fat biking in the snow

I said hockey is easier on bad knees than a lot of sports. Not the rest of the body, and doesn't mean your knees can't get hurt, but given that the foot gives way when the knee is hit and changes of direction are smooth knee injuries seem to be less common, although given that all you'll ever hear is "lower body injury" it's hard to know for sure, at least in the NHL. I'm comparing to things like soccer and skiing, not ping pong.

After several months of not swinging a club at all the elbow feels fantastic now.....Just in time to go chasing the little white ball again.