Thread: Gravel needs...

Gravel needs...

As if road and mountain bikes are not enough, I’ve determined I need another reason to spend more time away from my loved ones. Enter gravel bike. Riding would be mix of fire road and single track and of course the pavement to get to it. Lots of climbs.

Need:
    Carbon or ti
    630+ or close stack
    Complete or not adverse to building it myself
    1x
    Prefer GRX
    Internal routing (hate some of the huge cable ports on top of DT (Lynskey, Aspero, etc).

After a lot of reading, I think my needs are more in the middle of the the mountain geo (BMC URS, Kona Libre, etc) extreme vs the road geo (Aspero, etc).

Is this possible on a ~$4k budget? Diverge expert in a 61 ticks the boxes but I doubt anyone deals $ with that brand. Argon dark matter has the stack and decent build but not a lot of real reviews.

Suggestions? Any shop guys out there with inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    As if road and mountain bikes are not enough, I’ve determined I need another reason to spend more time away from my loved ones. Enter gravel bike. Riding would be mix of fire road and single track and of course the pavement to get to it. Lots of climbs.

Need:
    Carbon or ti
    630+ or close stack
    Complete or not adverse to building it myself
    1x
    Prefer GRX
    Internal routing (hate some of the huge cable ports on top of DT (Lynskey, Aspero, etc).

After a lot of reading, I think my needs are more in the middle of the the mountain geo (BMC URS, Kona Libre, etc) extreme vs the road geo (Aspero, etc).

Is this possible on a ~$4k budget? Diverge expert in a 61 ticks the boxes but I doubt anyone deals $ with that brand. Argon dark matter has the stack and decent build but not a lot of real reviews.

Suggestions? Any shop guys out there with inventory?
    Looks like Knolly has a cache ti in stock in a 60cm, which will work: https://shop.knollybikes.com/collect...18491579138146

Did you ever come across something? I have an XL Parlee Chebacco either as a frameset or Ultegra Di2 with no wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by tss4420 View Post
    Did you ever come across something? I have an XL Parlee Chebacco either as a frameset or Ultegra Di2 with no wheels.
    , two weeks too late. Bought an Argon Dark Matter. Same HS cap setup as the Parlee (and same size).

Yeah, if anyone has a 52-54cm gravel bike...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.