Black Crows Justis

Finally got out on them. I have a 189 mounted on the line with jesters. They are awesome. More lively in the transition then a Cochise or a bonafide or my Corvus. Super easy to change turn shape and size. Pivots on a dime. And they will ski any speed, but they love to carve and rip. Overall a fun ski.

Have you got any more time on this ski yet? How is the ultra hardpack, crud, mixed conditions and ice performance for east coast conditions? Any tree skiing yet?

I dunno. The answer is ehhhh. Hard pack they are great. They love to rip. Any turn shape and can dump speed no problem. Crud is like a Cochise. Just point and shoot. But in honesty it’s probably as far into variable snow conditions I’ll go with those. The 189 skis short but not short enough to want in the trees. They ski like a hybrid between a bonafide and a Cochise if you ask me. It’s been snowing shit wet snow for two days and it’s snowing now, skiing this morning but taking the Corvus instead. Feels more intuitive in crud and is more or a seek and destroy missile. I like the Justis and it’s great for a all around bigger resort ski. The Justis is pretty much a black crows rendition of all the other good 100 under foot combined. It competes very easily against the bonafide, m102 and the enforcer. Its good and the energy is great and it makes skiing fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I dunno. The answer is ehhhh. Hard pack they are great. They love to rip.
    Any further thoughts on these? You seem to be the only one talking about them ha. I'm thinking of picking up a pair of 183cm for use as a truly shit-condition ski. Hoping to pivot through brutal moguls but also find some carving edge on near-ice... if that combination is at all possible. (for context, I'm a big guy so 183 will be tiny.)

For this slot the Daemon is better if you want not stiff and quick, the Corvus is better if you want something damper/stiffer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Steffenator View Post
    Any further thoughts on these? You seem to be the only one talking about them ha. I'm thinking of picking up a pair of 183cm for use as a truly shit-condition ski. Hoping to pivot through brutal moguls but also find some carving edge on near-ice... if that combination is at all possible. (for context, I'm a big guy so 183 will be tiny.)

check the black crows thread. I think it’s waxoff that has gone into detail trying to fix their issues. I would grab a Corvus or an orb. The justis lacks all around. The Corvus is the only tool needed. The daemon is probably the best answer… good luck finding one

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    check the black crows thread. I think it’s waxoff that has gone into detail trying to fix their issues. I would grab a Corvus or an orb. The justis lacks all around. The Corvus is the only tool needed. The daemon is probably the best answer… good luck finding one
    Yeah, the Justis might look good on paper, but until BC introduces some early taper to them wonky tips, they ain't worth buying if you ask me. But by all means, to each his own...

Buy cheap used to figure out if they're for you!