Thread: Evil offering

Evil offering

Anyone have much experience with the evil offering? Is it a complete pig going uphill? Anyone been on both the offering or ripmo? Thanks!

Demoed both a large Offering and a medium Ripmo (shop didn't have a large) in Moab on my last trip. The Ripmo felt a bit more efficient going uphill for sure, as well as easier to carry speed on flat ground. However, the Offering felt much more composed in chunder and stable. That could be partly due to the size difference though. At the end of the day, I'd be happy on either bike.

They're both Weagle designed platforms. I agree with meep, that the DW is a more efficient platform in terms of pedaling efficiency. Traction however is a different story. I have the V3 Following and have spent much time on the Ripley and the Following takes it hands down for technical climbing where traction and composure is paramount. Going downhill there is no comparison. Delta link is a special blend of plow and pop that is hard to describe. Supple off the top, with a nice platform to push in to. Drop your heels and smash? Sure. Get on your toes and gap the whole thing? Go ahead.

I've ridden a following for two seasons now. I do miss my Following (shorter, snappier, poppier) but the Offering is an incredibly capable bike on the down and very comfortable on the climb, and definitely a better climber than my V1 Following. Ripmo probably a better climber. I have mine set up on the burly/heavy end (160 fork), and it can definitely be built lighter.

If I was only riding Seacoast New England XC I'd love to have that newer Following instead (just lighter handling and poppier) but do some bike park'ing and steeps riding, occasional racing on this thing, and it's wildly capable. For me it's been a stellar one-bike quiver, and if I wanted to I could drop some travel from the fork and put on a faster rolling rear tire and it'd be a diff feeling bike.

But yeah, the Delta bikes are something special. SO poppy once you get them set up right. That's what I've loved about them, and still can smash.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I think I’m going to buy it today. Set up eagle gx. Carbon crankset, bar, seat post. 4 piston xt brakes. Has aluminum rims although. In fantastic shape. It’s the v1. Price is $3500. I have been debating it vs an ripmo Af.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Honestly probably too much bike for me, coming of an sb5c. But should be a blast finding out.

Own an offering. Its surprisingly nimble on the up with a 160 and I think its what some would call snappy in a 150mm fork on tight corners. I agree the ripmo is a better climber, but it doesnt have the flexibility in riding style on the way down.

Thanks for the help. Picked it up yesterday. Has the 150mm pike fork. Otherwise a pretty solid build. I thought the price was decent, I’ll see how it performs this spring! Also, it has a 2.5 inch assegai on the back. You still running tires that wide on the rear? I guess I’ve normally done a 2.3ish rear and wider on the front if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by rt17 View Post
    Thanks for the help. Picked it up yesterday. Has the 150mm pike fork. Otherwise a pretty solid build. I thought the price was decent, I’ll see how it performs this spring! Also, it has a 2.5 inch assegai on the back. You still running tires that wide on the rear? I guess I’ve normally done a 2.3ish rear and wider on the front if needed.

I run a 2.5 Aggressor on mine. Occasional rocks pulled through, but Im in CO where its not very muddy ever.

Quote Originally Posted by rt17 View Post

Sounds pretty damn slow for general trail riding. Throw that badboy up front and get a 2.3 DHF/DHR/Aggressor back there.