Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    I mean, is any song better made for a stadium crowd than this recording? Fuck Queen already. They must have been so blasted on blow to make it. Those opening chords, Tree Four! Repeat. All the ladies doing the ah ah ah ahhh. Perfect.

Oh man, I just thought of a good one. You know those between inning video game races they do on the big scoreboard? In Yankee stadium it's a race between the different subway lines to the park. Quick betting. So, in the newly christened Rock On Cleveland stadium, the screen will show Nigel, David and Derrick of Spinal Tap proceeding through the basement of the music hall or whatever they performed in the movie in Cleveland, trying to find the stage. The drummer would be a good addition, But, he's risky to bet on, because he just spontaneously combusts every few races.

At the risk of agreeing with Propane, the Guardians is really a dumb name and the Rocks is actually kind of cool.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    What is "In what position will Boston Red Sox finish the seaon in the AL East?"

I do hope Duggie has a monstah year tho.
    Stepping up to say I was wrong
    Love seeing Duggie and Kike killing it.

Still when I see Kelly come in to pitch late it all seems worth it.

They're stellar players for sure. And passionate about it.

I'm on the record as a Kelly fan but I'll take the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Damn. History fades. Always confuse it with ten cent beer night.

This is why the world needs my alternative HOF. To keep the memory of these great events alive, so our grandchildren can learn about them.
    We have just that historian for 10 cent beer night. Posted before but always worth a watch cause it’s very well told.

“This City is many things, but a city of lightweights is not one of those things”
    I still call it The Jake.

Fucking Billy Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    We have just that historian for 10 cent beer night. Posted before but always worth a watch cause it’s very well told.

“This City is many things, but a city of lightweights is not one of those things”
    Truer words were never spoken.

The name change question is kind of like the question in front of mid sized brewers like Great Lakes. Do you go with a wide reach or a deep reach? Great Lakes went deep. They own the Land. As they should.

Same decision was made on the baseball team. I think it’s the right one. Cleveland will never be America’s team. But they are Cleveland’s. And the Guardians are Cleveland.

The more I say it the more I really like it.

Awesome
    Didnt hear 1 boo for Kenley last night, and Dodgers actually won a close game!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Truer words were never spoken.

The name change question is kind of like the question in front of mid sized brewers like Great Lakes. Do you go with a wide reach or a deep reach? Great Lakes went deep. They own the Land. As they should.

Same decision was made on the baseball team. I think it’s the right one. Cleveland will never be America’s team. But they are Cleveland’s. And the Guardians are Cleveland.

The more I say it the more I really like it.
    I agree. You see the logo on Brian Kenny’s shirt in that video? And that’s from years ago.
    I still call it The Jake.

Duggie just said "Joder no eres bateador"
    Nice

That 8th inning was a helluva game today. GoSox!

the padres are not fucking around.
    swing your fucking sword.

I agree. You see the logo on Brian Kenny’s shirt in that video? And that’s from years ago.
    I missed that. Very cool.

Okay this is the first I've been directly exposed to this 7-inning double header bullshit, and this shit is bullshit.

Gallo to the Yanks. So many big bats, and some additional K’s. Whatever. Truly.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Gallo to the Yanks. So many big bats, and some additional K’s. Whatever. Truly.
    i like gallo as a person but unless he has changed significantly in the past couple of years, he is not someone you want in the clubhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i like gallo as a person but unless he has changed significantly in the past couple of years, he is not someone you want in the clubhouse.
    That kind of makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    That kind of makes no sense
    he has trouble with authority and will act out if he has a crowd. he is generally pleasant but those were both things that caused issues and part of the reason he was traded.

i’m ok with the gallo acquisition i’m just disappointed they couldn’t ship stanton and boone in return.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    i’m ok with the gallo acquisition i’m just disappointed they couldn’t ship stanton and boone in return.
    i think he will good for the yanks and the yanks will be good for him. should be humbled a bit by not being the biggest star...or even close to the biggest star...in the clubhouse.

if the yankees hit even close to what they should this season would be going better than even my over the top march prediction. sure, it’s a poorly a constructed team that’s seen a lot of injuries but they’ve allowed the second fewest runs! they should be miles ahead of everyone but horrible, disgusting managing and more the most plays and bad baserunning have made them just horrible to watch. don’t forget about the most 4+ late inning meltdowns they’ve had for at least 40 years. but no yankee tears here, i have shed them all. if boone is managing the rest of mlb never has to worry about a dominant team in ny (because the mets will always be the mets).
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I watched the end of the Yanks-Rays game and I think Kurkjian said the Yanks hadn't scored a run in the 9th inning in July (and still haven't, although they scored in the 10th today). Not gonna win too many close ones like that.

Gallo to Yanks
    Escobar to the Brewers

DO these change the playoff picture at all ?
    ( insert Bills coach "Playoffs!?!" clip here for Yankees)

Scherzer dangling
    Kimbrel.
    Depending on landing I think either of these changes the NL West race and/or the Series conversation

Cleveland 2B César Hernández headed to White Sox

Nationals send Brad Hand to Blue Jays

Both these team look like the cream of the AL ( sorry Red Sox, love my boys there but not sure you can keep it at this level and fuck the trashstros) how much better does this make them
    Bmills?
    are there any Trorontonians onhere?