Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2190
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Players are more valuable to their team and in dollar value (to themselves) NOT attempting to hit a single to the left side. Same idea as David Ortiz or Jason Giambi sacrifice bunting. They’ll ATTEMPT a sacrifice bunt but they’ll get maybe 2 or 3/10 down successfully. Maybe. Foul a couple off and suddenly you’re 0-2 and hitting from behind. And that’s probably more likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Hitters now routinely hit the ball 420+ feet and very routinely hit the ball 375 to the gaps. Jim Rice, Mel Ott, Bobby Bonds? Every team has one if not 2 or 3 now.

Players have hit the ball pretty far for awhile. Mays hit 600 playing his home games in this park, short down the lines but then took off to 483(!) in dead center.

I am not really sure what to make about the shift rule. Banning it seems dumb. I would have liked to see a hitter drop one down the line every once in awhile. Teixeira is the biggest name that comes to mind because the shift fucked with him so much. These guys obviously have huge egos and aren't necessarily comfortable going out of their skill zone (and why they got huge contracts) to drop a bunt, but I kind of felt like if they did it ONCE (or maybe twice) it could fuck with the other team a bit and cause them to rethink it. Maybe if he tried a couple of times for outs the fans would have let him have it. No clue.

Sure, baseball is about not making outs but if you have a player that was very effective and he becomes less than average due to the opposing team exploiting a hole I think he has to figure out a way to improve, not just sit there and suck, and that's why there is an outcry to do (something!) to change.

Big bases, that is more mickey mouse shit. I haven't had a chance to look this stuff up. So we have ads and mickey mouse bases and no shift.... real manfredball. awesome.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

MLB 2021 Official Thread

I understand letting the big hitters swing away in the face of a shift, but all these Mendoza line short stops who can’t figure out how to spread the ball around is wild to me. That’s who benefits from this shift rule, the borderline guys. That’s why I don’t love it.

Dave Roberts is open to Trevor Bauer coming back? Fuck yeah says this Giants fan

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The ban on the shift still annoys me because it caters to "athletes" that can't or won't adjust their game to face their opponent like every other sport, and because it will not help speed the game up at all.
    Completely agree. They shifted against Ted Williams and then even more so against Barry Bonds, you didn’t see those guys complaining. Bonds would very frequently slap the ball down the left field line and end up with a double or triple, so teams had to ease up on it.

As far as arbitrary rules go, however, soccer would suck without offsides. Same with hockey.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Dave Roberts is open to Trevor Bauer coming back? Fuck yeah says this Giants fan
    Did you ever read the full report on The Athletic? That dude is fucking nuts. I don’t really judge people for their sex kinks or whatever but good god man.

And yeah if karma is real I welcome the Dodgers taking on that negativity.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Is it time for a 2022 thread?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Yes!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Just make sure it has plenty of ads, bigger font and at least one poster per team can only contribute to half of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Just make sure it has plenty of ads, bigger font and at least one poster per team can only contribute to half of the thread.
    Dont forget that if a poster is weak, they can sub in a Designated Poster but stay in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Where the Braves fan at?

Freddie Freeman coming home to LA! Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yes!
    Bunion get that 2022 thread started !

Dodgers this season with Freeman are scary...

Dont beat the Dodgers or we take your Franchise player

Red Sox, Mookie
    Nats Scherzer AND Turner

Braves: Freeman....

Once again Dodgers are the best team on paper, see if it lasts.

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

tradition has been that a fan of the WS champ the year before starts the thread.
    Since all Irul has these days is tradition as a Yanks fan, you would think he could respect that...