Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Portland is the 25th largest metro area in the US and has only one professional sports team. Not saying it is impossible for Blazers to leave, but would not make financial sense for the owner as there are no other larger metro areas that do not already have a pro sports team. And at least Blazer fans attend games, unlike A's fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Do you have to pass through a throng woke rioters and unemployed baristas to get there?
    Keep telling people that's what this city is like so none of these backwoods hickville bumfucks come here and try to drive around the "big city" anymore

They tried to get the expos back in the early 00s but never really got much city buy in, iirc.

Interesting odds posted on a landing spot for the A’s.

Charlotte is very intriguing. Booming growth, massive baseball fans, currently in the middle of Braves country.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/mlb/...al-odds-mexico
    I still call it The Jake.

montreal was one city i heard mentioned, as was vancouver but i can't really see that happening. las vegas seems to make the most sense but is also the last place i want to see the As go. if anything, i think they stay american west coast but if they do branch out geographically, charlotte would be an excellent landing spot.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Keep telling people that's what this city is like so none of these backwoods hickville bumfucks come here and try to drive around the "big city" anymore
    I don't have to...
    https://www.opb.org/article/2021/05/...rches-arrests/

But this one is the best...
    https://www.opb.org/article/2021/04/...nd-protesters/
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yeah, tell all your friends to stay the fuck out of portland. i'm sick of waiting in lines for brunch. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Interesting odds posted on a landing spot for the A’s.

Charlotte is very intriguing. Booming growth, massive baseball fans, currently in the middle of Braves country.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/mlb/...al-odds-mexico
    very intriguing, indeed. when don beaver built the new knights stadium in the early 2010s, there was talk that the stadium design would take into account the possibility of expansion to a big league ballpark. i don't know if that is the case (i ain't no enjuneer) but i would love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    very intriguing, indeed. when don beaver built the new knights stadium in the early 2010s, there was talk that the stadium design would take into account the possibility of expansion to a big league ballpark. i don't know if that is the case (i ain't no enjuneer) but i would love to see it.
    Charlotte would make sense being a top 15 metro area, but how many fans do they take from the Bravos? I could see that being an uphill battle. Vegas or PDX is more of a free territory of baseball fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Charlotte would make sense being a top 15 metro area, but how many fans do they take from the Bravos? I could see that being an uphill battle. Vegas or PDX is more of a free territory of baseball fandom.
    the braves loyalty is something of a misnomer. allegiances are much more local and typically align with either the nearest milb teams big league affiliate or the team that a local product plays for. for example, bumgarner is from my town and during the giants' four or so year streak, there were giants flags flying from trucks and porches in every county within 50 miles. the giants loyalty still reigns true in my town for sure even though he is with arizona now. the white sox get plenty of love from the charlotte metro area, the rockies get some love from asheville, and the rangers from the foothills and down east regions.

Braves have a ton of fans in the south because for years and years ( the 80s when I lived there) the only places to see baseball consistently on TV in the south was WTBS or WGN

Espn maybe showed 1 game a week, big three networks the same.
    Remember almost every Braves game being on & a lot of Cubs games.

Braves were Southern & then started to get good in the 90s. Easy access and bandwagon leads to a large fan base. Plus, what else was/is there in the area baseball wise?

montreal was one city i heard mentioned, as was vancouver but i can't really see that happening. las vegas seems to make the most sense but is also the last place i want to see the As go. if anything, i think they stay american west coast but if they do branch out geographically, charlotte would be an excellent landing spot.
    Montreal is feigning hard for a MLB team but yeah, not too likely.

They say you can't win the World Series in May, but you sure can lose it.

Taking a glance at the standings around baseball today I noticed that the Royals are currently riding an 11 game losing streak.

They were in first place of the division when it started. Ooof.

I must say after watching 6 of their games, the Blue Jays have some talent and power.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

When the fuck is Frankie Lindor gonna start producing? I was told on very good TGR authority that he was a special player, but so far he's been a "special" player.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I must say after watching 6 of their games, the Blue Jays have some talent and power.
    (I'm biased) but they've got a pretty good team (albeit tons of injuries so far and pitching needs work) and they're really fun to watch. Lots of late game comebacks have made for some really intense games.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When the fuck is Frankie Lindor gonna start producing? I was told on very good TGR authority that he was a special player, but so far he's been a "special" player.
    I don’t know who your sources are, but I have a feeling Frankie will begin to play to the back of his baseball card soon enough.

It's really past time for any of the fair weather Astros fans to hop on board the Jays train. Lots of familiar names without the stain and they're fun to watch.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    It's really past time for any of the fair weather Astros fans to hop on board the Jays train. Lots of familiar names without the stain and they're fun to watch.
    Since I moved to tri state the Blue Jays have been my AL team. Get to see them play a lot in the bronx & up @ Fenway and even Toronto when there for work ( damn last Toronto trip was a Jays game and a Phish show, I miss work travel) plus goes along with my anti SOx & Yanks stance

Plus now they got my boy Ryu

YOUR MY BOY RYU!

and the Chicken Strip Ross Stripling, plus their fun young hitters a lot to love

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I don’t know who your sources are
    uhhhh ^^^^^^^
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    uhhhh ^^^^^^^

If anyone is up watching this CLE-SEA game you’ll see the future of camera-work. I have no clue why they haven’t used this hovering / eye-in-the-sky shit like the NFL; it works

How is it that the angels have (arguably) the two best players in the league right now, but are dead last? Something is totally rotten in that organization, right?

saw yesterday that pujols and the dodgers have agreed to a deal.

saw yesterday that pujols and the dodgers have agreed to a deal.
    This thread:
    https://twitter.com/_Hornik_/status/...973539330?s=20