Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2190
    Quote Originally Posted by paj View Post
    The Braves have had a great second half. We played way under our potential through July and had a lot of players go down. Alex Anthopoulos made genius deals at the deadline and didn’t give up on the team.

August through end of the season is like a different team. I don’t expect people that don’t follow the Braves to understand how good this team is. Media and ESPN give them no respect or credit at all.

“Braves are up 3-1? Oh the dodgers are just beat up and spent from the season.”

Ok. And the Braves? Soroka out, Acuña out in July, Darnaud out for 3 months with hand injury, ozuna out early.

Our entire infield hit 28+ bombs regular season. Infielders besides Dansby Swanson had 30+.

Pitching has been much improved over last season.

Max Fried is on the mound, the Braves are red hot and tonight we go for the knock-out punch.
    If you scroll back through these scores of pages you will see that the Braves and The Pads were the teams I was most worried about in the league, not just the NL.

When Acuna went down I didnt think they would still contend but man Anthopoulos did a hell of a job re constructing the team. Been fun as hell ( until this week) watching Joc play well.

Tonight is going to be an uphill climb for the Dojers, We will see what happens. Glad Tio Albert will start, hope he channels 2005 Pujols. Sure as hell hope its not his last game

One other player went down I forgot about: Huascar Ynoa, who was pitching phenomenally, punched a bench after one bad inning and broke his hand. Out 3 months. We’ve got him back now and he was going to start last night, but due to shoulder tightness sat out. When that news came down it was like “oh no now what is it”. Can’t complain with the outcome though!

Also lost Soler to a positive COVID test. He was our lead off guy and after coming to ATL, turned his season around.

It’s been so long since Braves went to the fall classic I sure hope we pull it off!

Dodgers are there every year it seems like. Their massive payroll makes that achievable. 😒

You neglected to mention the loss of Ozuna, that was another early season shot in the nutz as well. In the past a lot of teams would have shrugged this off and let him play.

Braves system has been remarkably resilient. Hoping Fried pitches a good one so the Braves can go home and rest up while the Sox/Astros beat on each others pitching staffs.

When Acuna went down I didnt think they would still contend but man Anthopoulos did a hell of a job re constructing the team. Been fun as hell ( until this week) watching Joc play well.
    Kudos to Alex for going out and finding the right pieces and plugging the gaps.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^^
    You're welcome for Eddie Rosario

- Cleveland Indians
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ^^^

- Cleveland Indians
    I blame you

No kidding. Between he and Soler its was a question of, "where were these guys with the other teams?"
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ^^^

- Cleveland Indians
    This season. Otherwise he’s yet another twins prospect they developed and traded away for…….. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    it’s strange that the braves regressed so much too and that no one is covering it.
    Well the Braves got their shit together and this remark from 7/7 aged poorly.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Existential question:

If late arriving/early departing Do-dger fans see the team is already down in the 1st do they bother attending at all?

A: virtual dodger dogs

Max Fried looks like the snooty maitre d from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

Tio Albert wants to keep playing

If I’m a Braves fan I’m not at all worried. Atlanta sports has a long and storied tradition of closing out series’ in the playoffs. I’m sure they’ll jump all over Max Scherzer on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Max Fried looks like the snooty maitre d from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
    I weep for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    If I’m a Braves fan I’m not at all worried. Atlanta sports has a long and storied tradition of closing out series’ in the playoffs. I’m sure they’ll jump all over Max Scherzer on Saturday.
    I see what you did there.
    I still call it The Jake.

We hammered the Dodgers game 4, they paid it back in game 5. There was some pent up anger in that performance.

Max Fried got beat up and it didn’t stop there.

Braves are good at putting those games behind them and the series is coming down to the wire. We needed to win 1 game on the road in LA and accomplished that now it’s time to put them away in game 6!

Ian Anderson has his work cut out against a rested Max Scherzer tomorrow.

and the red sox score 3 runs in their last 27 innings to send the cheating astros back to the world series. karma tried to help sink the astros by knocking out velander with a season ending injury but they still made it. maybe their star cheater altuve with come down with a case of the ooh fers and the cheaters get swept.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Man the Sox stink. They felt a bit snake but the last few games but they definitely imploded

No Scherzer, dead arm.

Scherzer being out is painful. I liked their chances with a healthy Scherzer followed by a fully rested Buehler. Short rested Buehler followed by a pen game is less than ideal. Oh well, hopefully Buehler can give them 5 innings and the bats can stay hot.

Going to be worth watching no matter the outcome. Braves drop tonight's games and they are fully fucked.

Wow, Atlanta fans, what a class act. Already with the tomahawk chop chant in the first inning, and a bunch of yahoos standing in the first row right behind home plate. Beer must be cheap tonight.

I love how the organ (probably not a real organ anymore ha!) gets the crowd into the Seven Nation Army chant instead of the chop chant.

I blame Bmills

As a Mariner’s fan, I’m ready to purchase an Eddie Rosario jersey.

Where the fk did Matzek come from?