Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Honest question - besides losing the tradition of having an umpire, what are the arguments against automating calls at the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Ya, was watching the game. Horrible. I've been on the fence on bot umps, but leaning towards bots more and more. One bad ball and strike call here or there is one thing, but that was just ridiculous. Although after the second call, I'm lunging for that third one if I'm Flores.
    Yeah, he should have swung at whatever #3 was at that point. I would probably complain a little about bot umps, and then just go with it.
    If it happens, it will be interesting to see how it changes pitching when the stars are used to getting a little leeway, catchers frame pitches, and all the other nuances that get sterilized.

just one of the reasons i have always loved eric byrnes.
    swing your fucking sword.

https://www.mlb.com/news/travis-d-ar...h-thumb-injury

tough loss for the braves. sounds like d'arnaud will be out awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

YO MLB.TV SUBSCRIBERS:

As mentioned before, my 11 year free subscription finally ran out so I got a single team package through amazon prime. Up until Friday I could link it to my mlb.com account (the app and full desksite) so I could listen/watch through there and get all radio feeds. Now it won't link. Amazon says its mlb's problem and vice versa. Anyone else have this issue, I'm really kinda bummed by it as I love the radio call and I'm not going to pay for a radio subscription on top of a MLB.TV subscription. Fuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    You are not alone, I stream via ROKU and if I list Atlanta as my favorite team I can only stream the live feed. Can't start at the beginning or jump to an inning.

MLBTV blames ROKU, ROKU says it MLBTV. As an experiment I took to Braves off as my favorite and now I am able to choose which feed I want to watch and can start at the beginning or join live. When I called to complain I was met by bewilderment.

OTOH, Anderson pitched a beauty last night.
    Ho-leeeeeshit! They actually fixed it!

After a week and a half of radio silence I had resigned myself to ordering the radio subscription as well or just cancelling it all and starting over.

Then just as I was about to do so, I get an email from MLB saying the connection between amazon and my Mlb account has been resolved.

Faith in humanity restored.

Thank you baseball gods and Vikram in Oakland for all your hard work.
    I still call it The Jake.

Houston sports radio got their panties in a bunch that yankees fans will show no mercy on them with the cheaters calls with they pathetic reasoning its time to move on. sorry, this should never end as the astros likely cheated in every game or every home game where they had the cheating techniques down. its just like cheating on a girlfriend or wife. first time or first couple times you are careful and feel bad but once you've gotten away with cheating for a while you think you'll never get caught and cheat at every chance you get. i have no doubt they cheated against the worst teams in the league if it meant a better chance they'd win. i'm no yankee fan but their fans are some of the rowdiest, they should give it to the astros good.

maybe after 10 years when all the cheating players and coaches are gone, you let it go; but not when the cheaters are still on the roster.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    Houston sports radio got their panties in a bunch that yankees fans will show no mercy on them with the cheaters calls with they pathetic reasoning its time to move on. sorry, this should never end as the astros likely cheated in every game or every home game where they had the cheating techniques down. its just like cheating on a girlfriend or wife. first time or first couple times you are careful and feel bad but once you've gotten away with cheating for a while you think you'll never get caught and cheat at every chance you get. i have no doubt they cheated against the worst teams in the league if it meant a better chance they'd win. i'm no yankee fan but their fans are some of the rowdiest, they should give it to the astros good.

maybe after 10 years when all the cheating players and coaches are gone, you let it go; but not when the cheaters are still on the roster.
    100% agree. fuck the stros

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    100% agree. fuck the stros

Fuck the Astros.
    Until those fuckers publically apologize to Yu Darvish, Clayton Kershaw and my son for that bullshit they can hang. Wait until later this month when 1000 + Dodger fans descend on Houston for that series. Gonna be some loud vatos giving it to Altuve & company and their disbelieving fans

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Fuck the Astros.
    Until those fuckers publically apologize to Yu Darvish, Clayton Kershaw and my son for that bullshit they can hang. Wait until later this month when 1000 + Dodger fans descend on Houston for that series. Gonna be some loud vatos giving it to Altuve & company and their disbelieving fans
    not just fuck the stros though. fuck altuve in particular. that was judge's mvp to lose in 2017. got robbed by a fkn cheater who didn't deserve it anyway.

and fuck bregman. i've heard he is a massive douche. he also has a stupid fkn face:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.27.21 PM.png
Views: 275
Size:  108.0 KB

Oh please. Spare me the Yankees whining. Fuck the Astros but history tells us that the Yankees would have found a way to screw it up without them. When your whole team can’t play D or do anything but hit home runs you aren’t gonna win in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Fuck the Astros.
    Slow down there Woodsy, they have to apologize to the Tribe first.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Slow down there Woodsy, they have to apologize to the Tribe first.
    Yeah. This I’m down for.

Woodsy, you still feeling great bout yer doyers? May done for the season, kershaw with his worst start ever.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Oh please. Spare me the Yankees whining. Fuck the Astros but history tells us that the Yankees would have found a way to screw it up without them. When your whole team can’t play D or do anything but hit home runs you aren’t gonna win in the playoffs.
    post season is a crap shoot now with too
    many rounds and a whole bunch of bs but if they were gonna fail, they should have gone out on equal footing. cheating sox and stros ruined the fucking game and the league could not care less because they think the best thing is to turn the page and pretend it didn’t happen. if it was your team you were rooting for, no way you would let that shit go.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Long season, still plenty of talent.
    No idea what went down with Kersh, but Bauer, Buhler and Urias are all #1 starters on any other team
    We have more coming up like May snd Goslin, we will be fine

Fuck the DH, Braves have a pitcher who can handle a bat.

The Braves were late to announce their starting pitcher for the game on Tuesday, but they chose very well in giving the ball (and bat) to Huascar Ynoa. The right-hander suffocated the Nationals offense, but more impressively, backed his own cause with a sixth-inning grand slam in route to a 6-1 Atlanta victory.
    He went deep for a solo HR in his last game and was lights out pitching as well.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

apparently per the espn shot of the yankee fans, in nyc they are selling shirts with the astros rainbow colors and the words cheaters across it; i like it !
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

my god, the rockies gave up ten in the first. fkn hell.

One of the many awful legacies of the Astros cheating debacle is my son and I cheering for the Yankees more than just the rando interleague game against st the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    post season is a crap shoot now with too
    many rounds and a whole bunch of bs but if they were gonna fail, they should have gone out on equal footing. cheating sox and stros ruined the fucking game and the league could not care less because they think the best thing is to turn the page and pretend it didn’t happen. if it was your team you were rooting for, no way you would let that shit go.
    Dude, Sox lost to the Astros that same year. I’m not crying about it.

I’ll also note the Sox were basically cleared of everything but a slap on the wrist. Nothing like the Stros were up to.

thoughts on angel hernandez?

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post

thoughts on angel hernandez?
    I watched last night’s Royals-Indians game.

Never in my life have I seen a guy tagged when he’s not on base and not only not get called out, but awarded an extra base.

It was stupefying.

As Tito said to Angel, “why is it always you?”

I want Hatteberg at first.

Angel Hernandez admits he guessed on missed call after 'scoreboard lights blinded him' in last night's Tribe-Royals game.

What a joke this guy is.

For those keeping score at home, he also got a play at first wrong which was overturned by reply in an astonishingly slow 43 seconds.