Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Ian Anderson put down a nice bunt, not surprising given all his strong flute work.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Ian Anderson put down a nice bunt, not surprising given all his strong flute work.
    I’m assuming there’s a player named Ian Anderson, in which case, witty play good sir.
    I hope he’s thick as a brick.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I’m assuming there’s a player named Ian Anderson, in which case, witty play good sir.
    I hope he’s thick as a brick.
    Pitcher for the Bravos.
    https://www.mlb.com/player/ian-anderson-666120
    Was watching their game vs phils before Dodger game. He did put together a text book bunt rightto move the runner over before being sent skating away on the thin ice of a new day the next inning....

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Kudos to the MLB. Showing your balls. Good for you.
    Yeah. Great job MLB to take all those ASG $$$$ out of the hands of all those black and brown owned businesses that would have benefited from it in probably the only majority minority MLB city. In the name of standing up for minorities. FFS.

In Hank Aaron’s city.

Politics completely aside, this knee-jerk reaction looks dumber by the day.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yeah. Great job MLB to take all those ASG $$$$ out of the hands of all those black and brown owned businesses that would have benefited from it in probably the only majority minority MLB city. In the name of standing up for minorities. FFS.
    there’s a lot of research that shows stadium deals and games don’t do much for local communities. are the owners of the braves black? not to mention the team left fulton county for the burbs, right? crying for the minorities in town sounds a bit like decrying tax cuts for the rich hurting the people who need the rich to make jobs for them and a lot like poliass.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    there’s a lot of research that shows stadium deals and games don’t do much for local communities. are the owners of the braves black? not to mention the team left fulton county for the burbs, right? crying for the minorities in town sounds a bit like decrying tax cuts for the rich hurting the people who need the rich to make jobs for them and a lot like poliass.
    ATL just hosted the NBA all star game and a shitton of minority owned businesses reaped the benefits. It’s people coming to town that bring in the economic benefit. No one said shit about stadium deals or Braves ownership.

MLB, tone deaf as ever, tried to virtue signal before anyone else and it looks dumber by the day.

Nearly as stupid as those calling for the fucking Masters to be moved out of state.

You want to do something about the stupid new law (that will he challenged and likely replaced but that’s for another forum) do what Patagonia did and put your money into organizations that support what you would like to see, as opposed to pulling money out of the hands of those you purport to help.

It’ll be fun having the playoffs and hopefully the WS in town, Manfred can’t pull those games to curry points.

6 years ago today I got a whole free baseball game at Yankee Stadium.
    Red Sox and Yankees went 18.

With the runner on second bullshit, likely never again

What's even more ironic is that they not only moved the ASG to an extraordinarily white ass city, but Colorado also has stricter voting laws than the new GA ones. Way to think that one through, MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    What's even more ironic is that they not only moved the ASG to an extraordinarily white ass city, but Colorado also has stricter voting laws than the new GA ones. Way to think that one through, MLB.
    You’re clueless.

Please take Allstar game nonsense of all stripes elsewhere.

Kershaw v. Sherzer did not disappoint.

Dodgers still winning woth2out either of their MVP winners, I like it

Sox in first place in the AL. Just saying.

I really think baseball might work out for this Acuña guy.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yeah. That was quite the turnaround for them. Hit a million bombs today

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It’s April. Too early to mock you...even for a chowd.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? The voting part of course, cuz yeah, we pretty white.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? The voting part of course, cuz yeah, we pretty white.
    Actually, Denver is only about 55% white.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And the new ball park in Atlanta is no longer in a predominately inner city, minority area.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Travel to a city is travel to a city. The tourism dollars aren’t confined to the immediate areas around Suntrust Park (Atlanta is a tourist city after all with many more attractions than just the ballpark).

Back to baseball, the Bravos got hosed on that replay call last night. I can’t imagine what it will take to overturn a call if that one wasn’t sufficient.

Don't get me wrong, there will be a huge price to pay from the lost revenue and mainly it will hurt Atlanta rather than Georgia or Kemp. Whether or not MLB should have taken this stand is a debate for another thread in another forum.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 04-12-2021 at 05:34 PM. Reason: dumbass
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

His foot never touched the plate!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Actually, Denver is only about 55% white.
    When I got here in ‘00, it was a cultural wasteland. It has made improvements, but still think the diversity lacks coming from a Californicator background.
    The green chile was a wonderous revelation though.

His foot never touched the plate!
    My bad, I was talking of a different play, due to the ESPN blackout I only watched the re-cap. You are right Bohm didn't touch the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    When I got here in ‘00, it was a cultural wasteland. It has made improvements, but still think the diversity lacks coming from a Californicator background.
    The green chile was a wonderous revelation though.
    No argument there, if diversity means true multi-culturalism, with many different races/nationalities well-represented, Denver don't have that (and lord knows the outer areas are even more white). But it's still not accurate to describe Denver as "an extraordinarily white ass city" when the city is only 55% white.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Travel to a city is travel to a city. The tourism dollars aren’t confined to the immediate areas around Suntrust Park (Atlanta is a tourist city after all with many more attractions than just the ballpark).
    not all travel is the same. My Observation was the Super Bowl brought in way more tourists, media, moneyed peoples for longer stays - even in a dump like Minneapolis in a freezing February - than the All Star Game did in summer. The all star was maybe a mlb playoff game of give a fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No argument there, if diversity means true multi-culturalism, with many different races/nationalities well-represented, Denver don't have that (and lord knows the outer areas are even more white). But it's still not accurate to describe Denver as "an extraordinarily white ass city" when the city is only 55% white.
    It’s a sum of its metro parts in this instance imo. You get Aurora, as well as Highlands Ranch and whoever else comes to Rox games.
    And Coors Field is a great park. Just wish it didn’t come down to this. Rox were bidding for a future game, and they get this tainted one in the midst of a pandemic. And GA people came out in the election and get screwed cuz of a bunch of shit birds in the state capitol. Just a bad situation.
    And to add insult, last nights call.
    I still pick the Bravos to represent in October.