Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2190
    Mets players full Metsing.

From their beat writer:
    "Francisco Lindor, Javier Báez and Kevin Pillar were among those Mets players to flash thumbs-down signs after their hits today.

"When we don't get success, we're going to get booed," Báez explained afterward. "So they [the fans] are going to get booed when we get success."
    Bmills where is that "character" Lindor had?
    That's shitty.
    So is booing players IMVHO

getting booed is part of the paycheck.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

It's not like the Mets fans are booing at the drop of the hat; these guys have sucked all year. If you suck all year AND get pissed when they boo you, you're in the wrong job
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah, I'm with Danno here.

It's not like Lindor has been playing to the back of his baseball card since signing his monster contract.

He would have never pulled that shit in Cleveland, just wasn't in his makeup. Maybe the Mets organization has rubbed off on him?
    I still call it The Jake.

Speaking of Cleveland, approximately 14 fans were there to watch the Sox hand the Guardians a game yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

It's not like Lindor has been playing to the back of his baseball card since signing his monster contract.

He would have never pulled that shit in Cleveland, just wasn't in his makeup. Maybe the Mets organization has rubbed off on him?
    This guy?

"My routine was a little different last year. I didn't give my best in the weight room and that showed the last week of the season. I got tired. You know, 60 games, I was playing well. I was playing fine. I played well. It was just that last week, I didn't get my couple hits and it went down to hitting .240, .230 -- I don't know what I hit last year. But whatever it was, it wasn't good.

"So yeah, I just got tired. I didn't give my best in the weight room. It showed. It showed the last week. That's pretty much it when it comes to last year's season."

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Speaking of Cleveland, approximately 14 fans were there to watch the Sox hand the Guardians a game yesterday.
    22,000+ got to see the Sox make boneheaded plays after another.

The rest of the city was next door at the Fieldhouse to see that boxing match.

Think it is Baez, that guy is a cancer.

22,000+ got to see the Sox make boneheaded plays after another.
    They may have sold 22K tickets sold but if there was 10,000 people in attendance I'd be amazed. I'd guess 5K max. The game was delayed ~3 hours (rain, I think, but I actually never heard why) so I'm sure that was a big part of it.

Whenever you can hear individual guys yelling clearly there's not many people there and there were a couple guys taking full advantage of their opportunity to be heard.

Yeah, passing thunderstorms was the delay. I only tuned in when I got a notification on my phone of Jose's home run.

The video at their webpage shows the crowd which looks bigger than 10k but what do I know. It also does a great job of showing the HR Davis gave up (and the fan it hit) as well as the incredibly stupid interference job by the Sox. I actually thought there were two interference calls to be made on the play - the one at second that they did call and then the third baseman blocking the bag at third.

https://www.mlb.com/indians/video/in...clutch-moments

Yeah that was the pitcher at third but you're not wrong. He jumped at the last instant but he was in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yeah that was the pitcher at third but you're not wrong. He jumped at the last instant but he was in the way.
    Ah, that kind of explains it, but given the overall context of what was going down during that inning I wouldn't be surprised if it was kinda intentional.

The series was a fun one despite the back half of the Tribe pen giving away winnable games the first two of the series and wasting quality starts by the young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Think it is Baez, that guy is a cancer.
    Maybe. Guy has missed a bunch of games since the trade, the team has tanked since the trade, and in the games he has played he has hit .210, .258 OBP, and .458 SLG. Dude should expect to be booed.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Maybe this won't be as easy as just getting rid of the Wilpons. Still, the dining and food selection at Citi is head and shoulders above the Bronx.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Maybe this won't be as easy as just getting rid of the Wilpons. Still, the dining and food selection at Citi is head and shoulders above the Bronx.
    Well at least we got that going for us, which is nice.

I would rather of had Rosario (-28M/year) + 3 prospects and maybe a winning team as someone that was against the trade and extension from the beginning.

Poor Mets fans can't catch a break. Shame.

Mets statement here:

https://newyorkmets.medium.com/state...n-2f968039ee3b

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I would rather of had Rosario (-28M/year) + 3 prospects and maybe a winning team as someone that was against the trade and extension from the beginning.

Poor Mets fans can't catch a break. Shame.

Mets statement here:

https://newyorkmets.medium.com/state...n-2f968039ee3b
    Wow, that’s embarrassing.

Sounds like big city Lindor got a new bad attitude with that contract too.

Still, the dining and food selection at Citi is head and shoulders above the Bronx.
    True. I’m willing to admit that parking is way easier too

I wonder why the BoSox are wearing masks in Tampa tonight. They're like the only people in the whole state wearing them. Maybe that's why.

Mookie bobble head night, his mom throws out the first pitch, then he bombs a HR

Their new slogan:
    Meet the Mets!
    Better food than those guys in the Bronx.

The Mets: less douchey than the Yankees and just as many World Series’ lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Their new slogan:
    Meet the Mets!
    Better food than those guys in the Bronx.

Boos and Booze
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Mets: Thumbs up?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Mookie bobble head night, his mom throws out the first pitch, then he bombs a HR
    the Verdugo trade may just work out
    1.5 games Gnats

AS a CTer it is easier to get to the Stadium ( train ) than citi
    doing both in a few weeks, Yankees Guards with kid ( see above) then Mets Phils without. Both with a Hells Kitchen crew from my days in the city. will compare/contrast.

I just dont get Baez, isnt he a free agent next year? Teams looking at him say, hes got power, decent fielder BUT the major leagues’ highest strikeout percentage and criticized fans for booing him.

Maybe the Angels