Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Kudos to the MLB. Showing your balls. Good for you.

speaking of balls, total blue balls for fans of the Nats and Mets. OPENING DAY! Oh, sorry, not for you, gotta wait a few more days.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sounding like Denver is going to be hosting the All Star game!!!

Name:  AP21095727108946.jpg
Views: 1953
Size:  332.6 KB
    Name:  image_6487327.jpeg
Views: 1923
Size:  122.0 KB
    Opening day in my hometown

(in memory of Congressman-elect Ron Wright)

Besides the loss, it looked like a fun Opening Day at the Jake (besides the loss, and the weather).

It’s going to be very frustrating watching a staff as good as theirs and guys like these (hardware given out pre-game: Cy Young, 2x Gold Gloves and a Silver Slugger to the MVP runner-up) struggle in a no-salary quasi-rebuild.

Oh, warm your heart moment of the day: word got out that Tribe super fan John Adams would miss his first opening day in 50 years. He’s the guy who sits at the top of the bleachers with his bass drum leading the rally cries.

Akron’s own, and lifelong Tribe fan, Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney reached out to fill the role. The club of course accepted.

I still call it The Jake.

It’s good to know the Sox may score runs on some nights. Days are still not a given yet.

Oh, yes, it's baseball again, where the Mets' bullpen has perfected the art of blowing starts by deGrom.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post

Wow, what pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post

The COVID-denying coup-endorsing Trumpkin who died of COVID?

Is that the line to piss on his grave?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Damn, Tatis is down.
    https://twitter.com/redsoxstats/stat...053966338?s=20

Edit add:
    David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc
    @ProFootballDoc
    · 2m
    #FernandoTatisJr @Padres goes down on a swing and exits. By video, worry for that same left shoulder subluxation. Ultimately will need surgery. Hope he can get thru season.

How about this Akil Baddoo kid for the Tigers? Hits a home run on the first pitch he faced in the majors (and actually the first pitch he's faced above A ball). Hits a grand slam in his second game. Hits a walk-off single in extra innings in his third game!

Kindly sir, fuck off with all that.

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Sox get swept by the orioles, and then take the first two off the rays? Makes sense.

The new extra innings rules were pretty fun tonight. Game went into the 12th, but there were seven total runs in those inning instead of just waiting around for someone to hit a homer. Way more action.

José Ramírez is a treasure and I’ll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Wow. I haven’t followed mlb in a decade.

7 inning double headers? Wtf.
    Soooo, how does that affect a century of statistics? Not right.

The only reason is the same reason I have a hard time watching anymore. Games used to be a bit over two hours. Now it’s four hours minimum. Cut the tv timeouts. Do Picture in Picture instead. Cut the scratch tap batting glove Velcro sign of the cross spit scratch etc. cut the warmup pitches when you already warmed up in the bullpen.
    There are better ways.

And runner on second to end extra innings? Bizarre. But not as tragic as 7 innings. Oh well.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Kindly sir, fuck off with all that.
    Don’t fret, it’s the Royals division anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Don’t fret, it’s the Royals division anyway.
    Lol. Listening to the Tribe stream on the way back from the office today I was actually impressed by how much young talent is in the division. 5 years from now any of these teams could be a force. Granted, the Tribe has the rotation, 2 current gold gloves, the current Cy Young and a current Silver Slugger and all the trappings that a whopping minor league payroll comes with to back that up to compete now.

Ugh.

At some point I am going to have to spend some time acquainting myself with a lot of these new kids. I’ve never been more out of synch.

Start with José. He keeps this up, when he breaks free of this club-sweetheart deal he’s gonna be a $100-$200M player.

I know about Ramirez somewhat already. Just some of these new new kids like the Tigre above. Even some of he Sox young in’s are kind of a mystery. This Franchy kid looks to have some maybe undisciplined pop but might turn out to be a fun watch.

Sox sweep Tampa!!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Wow. I haven’t followed mlb in a decade.

7 inning double headers? Wtf.
    Soooo, how does that affect a century of statistics? Not right.

The only reason is the same reason I have a hard time watching anymore. Games used to be a bit over two hours. Now it’s four hours minimum. Cut the tv timeouts. Do Picture in Picture instead. Cut the scratch tap batting glove Velcro sign of the cross spit scratch etc. cut the warmup pitches when you already warmed up in the bullpen.
    There are better ways.

And runner on second to end extra innings? Bizarre. But not as tragic as 7 innings. Oh well.
    Worked out well for the Braves but I had the feeling that in both games, had they each gone 9 innings that the Nats would have won both.

As for the time a game takes, no shit. One of the reasons I like MLB TV especially early season, you can watch a good recap in 5 minutes or a condensed game in 20.

Or watch a whole game but skip the commercials in between with fast forward as long as the game is over and you are just watching the replay.

It is a rare thing to have that much time to just sit and watch a ball game.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

the games are longer but it’s not like it turned into cricket. average game length was 2:30 in the 70’s and now it’s 3:15 or something. the new rules (pitch clock, stepping out, pitcher must face three batters) need to be given time to work in, but i wouldn’t mind seeing the ones that don’t work come back out. mlb is motivated to look like it’s doing something when it would be easier to just get robot umps to enforce a proper strike zone and maybe eliminate a bit of the commercial time between changes.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    It is a rare thing to have that much time to just sit and watch a ball game.
    It is, but for the most part I don't care. You can turn on a game and just casually watch. You don't feel obligated to be glued to the TV.

Another start, another gem for deGrom, another pathetic offensive outing for the Mets.