Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I just hope I can enjoy a cold beer and watch a game in person this year, that would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The firing was deserved, but I can't help feeling like this was an ESPN hit piece. They've had this info for a few years, and it only gets published shortly after Porter becomes a GM? Seems like they were sitting on it until he became someone worth reporting on. Which is not to excuse his behavior AT ALL.

Also buried in the story is that when she finally spoke up to Porter, he apologized and the texts stopped. Which doesn't absolve him at all of what he did, but it doesn't play well with the overall narrative. The whole thing just strikes me as ESPN finding out some juicy bit of info that could ruin someone's career, and sitting on it until that guy had a career worth ruining.
    Perhaps he didn't send ESPN enough $ to stop the publication?

I hope ya'll learned something here, and that is you shouldn't be sending dick pics to people.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

I hope ya'll learned something here, and that is you shouldn't be sending dick pics to people.
    The takeaway I got is that ESPN loves tabloid shit.

And your moral too, that's a good one to remember as well.
    I still call it The Jake.

If anyone here makes it big, Rontele is going to get $ for his DMs

Pretty much this. Can’t get fired for sending unsolicited dick pics if you never send unsolicited dick pics.

This is honestly something I’ve never understood. A woman isn’t interested in you, ignores your advances at every level and you think a shot of your wang is what’s going to change your fortunes?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Pretty much this. Can’t get fired for sending unsolicited dick pics if you never send unsolicited dick pics.

This is honestly something I’ve never understood. A woman isn’t interested in you, ignores your advances at every level and you think a shot of your wang is what’s going to change your fortunes?
    They should really put that in a book or in a PSA or something. The message clearly isn't getting out as much as you'd think it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post

Yeah, some people clearly have different wiring than I do, I have never sent a single dick pic ever.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah, some people clearly have different wiring than I do, I have never sent a single dick pic ever.
    The only exception is if you're teledoc'ing and need to know what that "thing" is on it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    They should really put that in a book or in a PSA or something. The message clearly isn't getting out as much as you'd think it would.
    Samantha Bee did a PSA on it after the Wienstein thing.

the gist:
    "“men, I’m sorry to break this to you but your dick is ugly. No one wants to see your dick in any context,” she explained. “Even the straightest, horniest woman who loves you the most is hoping you can get it inside her without her having to look at it, so definitely don’t show it to strangers, don’t text pics of it to people, and don’t whip it out at film festivals. Your dick is objectively the worst part about you.”

In actual baseball news,the Padres keep building. Just added a solid 3/4 starter:

"San Diego landed right-hander Joe Musgrove in a three-team, seven-player deal involving the Mets and Pirates on Monday, according to sources, sending lefty Joey Lucchesi to New York and a package of four prospects headlined by Hudson Head to Pittsburgh. The Pirates also will get a prospect from the Mets.

It's the latest move in a frantic Padres offseason that has seen Blake Snell and Yu Darvish arrive to bolster the San Diego rotation. Here's the trade in full:

Padres get: RHP Joe Musgrove
    Mets get: LHP Joey Lucchesi
    Pirates get: OF Hudson Head, RHP David Bednar, LHP Omar Cruz, RHP Drake Fellows from the Padres and C/OF Endy Rodriguez from the Mets"

The only exception is if you're teledoc'ing and need to know what that "thing" is on it.
    I AM NOT YOUR DOCTOR AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR THING!!!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

PM Rontele

Maybe he’s got an impressive cock?

Just thinking out of the box.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Maybe he’s got an impressive cock?

Just thinking out of the box.
    Dick in the box is really only appropriate for holidays & even then only with regular users of said dick

Name:  IMG_3561.JPG
Views: 1975
Size:  14.3 KB
    Decisions Decisions

I have never sent a single dick pic ever.
    Good to know.

Red Sox Love them some Dicks. Ice you ever get to see these dicks?

Name:  08-Pole-214x300.jpg
Views: 1859
Size:  16.4 KB Name:  Dick.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  12.9 KB

The baseball dick I am most familiar with Name:  chicago-white-sox-dick-allen-june-12-1972-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
Views: 1835
Size:  92.8 KB

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Come on Woodsy...6-6 230#. Pretty big Dick
    Name:  Image1611166945.346223.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  29.4 KB
    Decisions Decisions

more proof the Red Sox and their fans love the Dick. He looks like an old dick though, that dick may be older than Iceman's

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Name:  Image1611171813.515331.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  31.8 KB

Even the nicknames have a phallic vibe
    Decisions Decisions

Hank Aaron
    What player, what a man.
    https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...ome-run-record

"On April 8, 1974, Hank Aaron of the Atlanta Braves hits his 715th career home run, breaking Babe Ruth’s legendary record of 714 homers. A crowd of 53,775 people, the largest in the history of Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, was with Aaron that night to cheer when he hit a 4th inning pitch off the Los Angeles Dodgers’ Al Downing. However, as Aaron was an African American who had received death threats and racist hate mail during his pursuit of one of baseball’s most distinguished records, the achievement was bittersweet.

Henry Louis Aaron Jr., born in Mobile, Alabama, on February 5, 1934, made his Major League debut in 1954 with the Milwaukee Braves, just seven years after Jackie Robinson broke baseball’s color barrier and became the first African American to play in the majors. Aaron, known as hard working and quiet, was the last Negro league player to also compete in the Major Leagues. In 1957, with characteristically little fanfare, Aaron, who primarily played right field, was named the National League’s Most Valuable Player as the Milwaukee Braves won the pennant. A few weeks later, his three home runs in the World Series helped his team triumph over the heavily favored New York Yankees. Although “Hammerin’ Hank” specialized in home runs, he was also an extremely dependable batter, and by the end of his career he held baseball’s career record for most runs batted in: 2,297.

Aaron spent his 23-year big league career with two organizations. He was with the Braves from 1954 to 1974—first in Milwaukee and then in Atlanta, when the franchise moved in 1966—and closed it out with two seasons back in Milwaukee for the Brewers.

Aaron hung up his cleats in 1976 with 755 career home runs—a record that stood until 2007, when it was broken by controversial slugger Barry Bonds (Bonds admitted to using steroids in 2011). Aaron's achievements didn't end when his career did, though. He went on to become one of baseball’s first African American executives, with the Atlanta Braves, and a leading spokesperson for minority hiring. Hank Aaron was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1982."

My dad grew up in Iowa, wanst even much of a baseball fan. When we were living in Atlanta when I was a little kid, he got to go to this game. He took clients for business for his hotel.
    When I woke up the next day, he was soo excited to tell me about it. He was amped for Hank, who he had met a few times and was a huge fan of. In later retellings as I got older he would tell me that people in Atlanta, even that night in the stadium, were saying horrible racist shit about the guy.

Rest in Power Hank, thanks for making the world a better place and providing one of my earliest baseball memories.
    Last edited by Woodsy; 01-22-2021 at 09:13 AM.

They didn’t call him hammerin hank for his power at the plate...
    Decisions Decisions

Sox fans are gonna love Chase Utley's son, super utility Kike Hernandez. Will love his bat against left handed pitching, ask Madison Baumgartner.

Hot Stove time.

HOF inductees announced tonight. I feel like if anyone gets in there's gonna be a bunch of complaining about them (or the ones left off) as even though these guys all played in a terribly fun era of baseball, they all seem to have some very unlikable bits about them, like roids, or just being a dick.

Tribe resigns Cesar Hernandez to second base. I like it. You go spend that money Mr. Dolan with your league-lowest payroll and all-star pitching staff.

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2021...-physical.html

Hot Stove time.

HOF inductees announced tonight. I feel like if anyone gets in there's gonna be a bunch of complaining about them (or the ones left off) as even though these guys all played in a terribly fun era of baseball, they all seem to have some very unlikable bits about them, like roids, or just being a dick.

Tribe resigns Gold-Glover Cesar Hernandez to second base. I like it. You go spend that money Mr. Dolan with your league-lowest payroll and all-star pitching staff.

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2021...-physical.html

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Sox fans are gonna love Chase Utley's son, super utility Kike Hernandez. Will love his bat against left handed pitching, ask Madison Baumgartner.
    He seems like an easy guy to root for, but the Sox still look pretty bad this year. I suppose we will see!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk