Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2190
    So mlb used two different balls last season. This seems it should be a bigger story

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Lotta crazy

Rangers have committed $561 million to players in the last 24 hours...just spent more money in a single offseason's free agency than any team in MLB history,

fkn sucks to lose Seager,
    personally. My son loves him, 2 bobbleheads, cards, etc.

although he was showing me his Trea Turner slide the other day....
    No seager no Sherzer. Dodgers did not get better
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    So mlb used two different balls last season. This seems it should be a bigger story
    Agreed, especially with all the betting they promote through partnership these days....

Somebody has to be lawyering up out there.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    No seager no Sherzer. Dodgers did not get better
    Have you heard the story about the Zen Master and the Little Boy?! …

The boy’s father bought him a horse for his fourteenth birthday and everyone in the village said, “Isn’t that wonderful, the boy got a horse?” and the Zen Master said, “We’ll see.”

A couple of years later the boy fell from his horse, badly breaking his leg and everyone in the village said, “How awful, he won’t be able to walk properly.” The Zen Master said, “We’ll see.”

Then, a war broke out and all the young men had to go and fight, but this young man couldn’t because his leg was still messed up and everyone said, “How wonderful!” The Zen Master said, “We’ll see.”

Our front office has done OK
    In fact tour front office is so good , the biggest stories of last season the Braves, Alex Anthopoulous, and the Giants, Farhan Zaidi, were orchestrated by gents that learned in LA, so pipe down and tell me why you are losing all your best young FAs at the Yankees.

Best young FA’s? You mean like Clint Frazier? Good riddance

Best young FA’s? You mean like Clint Frazier? Good riddance
    We gave him up for prime Andrew Miller. I think the Tribe won that one.
    I still call it The Jake.

Chris Taylor locked down 4 years $60 M with option

Lockout can start now.

solid pickup
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    solid pickup
    One of the best all around players in the league
    Started and played solid D at 6 different positions, hit .351/.419/.784 in the postseason
    Dodgers got a bargain

i was hoping the yanks would make him an offer like that. they need some
    flexibility in the field and payroll. unfortunately they’ve been so quiet it looks like they might sign correa for ten years when they could have had taylor, story, and a pitcher.

Yanks are waiting for what happens after the new CBA. Like some other teams, Dodgers and Red Sox included.

Eventually the Yankees will sign a left handed power hitting first baseman. Rizzo or the guy from Atlanta. They won’t bite on Correa. Instead they’ll sign someone like Andrelton Simons, decent bat and ++ fielder.

^^^
    Are you talking about Freddie Freeman?

Yeah, they can make a good run at him for sure, but I'm not so sure Freddie is Death Star material.

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Freeman or they re-sign Rizzo. They need left handed bats

Judge is up next year. They need salary room

I haven't been following this story much, but read this today and thought it was interesting:
    The union demanded change following anger over a declining average salary, middle-class players forced out by teams concentrating payroll on the wealthy and veterans jettisoned in favor of lower-paid youth, especially among clubs tearing down their rosters to rebuild.

“As players we see major problems with it,” New York Mets pitcher Max Scherzer said of the 2016 agreement. “First and foremost, we see a competition problem and how teams are behaving because of certain rules that are within that, and adjustments have to be made because of that in order to bring out the competition.”
    Is Scherzer really the guy who should be commenting on that issue? I guess he is the poster boy for it. He'll take his $130 million, but he's not gonna be happy about it.

Rizzo isn't even as good a hitter as Voit and Simmons is basically an older and crappier Odor.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Is Scherzer really the guy who should be commenting on that issue? I guess he is the poster boy for it. He'll take his $130 million, but he's not gonna be happy about it.
    Is that guy ever happy?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I haven't been following this story much, but read this today and thought it was interesting:

He’s on the mlbpa executive committee, he’s one of the four who should be speaking. The owners bribes did their job.

The stuff with the balls is so shady, especially in light of how they handled spider tack. Shady, and incompetent. You would think they would understand the value of trust after the steroids issue but.... nah.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Rizzo isn't even as good a hitter as Voit and Simmons is basically an older and crappier Odor.

Is that guy ever happy?
    But Rizzo is a lefty and a better fielder

WTF Hal Steinbrenner was talking with owners about reducing the salary cap. These owners are soooo greedy. Anyway if the Yanks want to spend like the Royals and employ a stupid FO/manager they might as well change the name to the Mets/Knicks/whatever other generic poorly run ny team. Just sell the fucking team already.

But Rizzo is a lefty and a better fielder
    Shoulda woulda coulda had Seager. I don't want to pay for Rizzo when his best days are long in the rearview.

Does baseball have the managerial & organizational talent to cope with a salary cap and the parity it might bring?

No. But is parity really a problem compared to other sports?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Does baseball have the managerial & organizational talent to cope with a salary cap and the parity it might bring?
    I'm sure there's more than enough Quants and MBAs to fill the staffing void.

NEW YORK—Declaring that the former player would continue to be punished for tarnishing the game of baseball by gambling, MLB commissioner Rob Manfred confirmed to reporters Thursday that Pete Rose remains ineligible for election to the DraftKings Official MLB Hall of Fame at Cooperstown. “Being part of the DraftKings MLB family, and in particular enshrinement in the Hall’s FanDuel Circle of Greatness, are privileges we refuse to extend to those who would stoop so low as to bet on the game of baseball,” said Manfred, adding that the lifetime ban on the all-time hits leader for gambling also applied to appearances at any Bally Sports-sponsored MLB playoff games, as well as the Fox Sports Betting App All-Star Game. “This man did something unforgivable. The DraftKings Official MLB Hall of Fame is a sacred institution, reserved for those who honored the game of baseball during and after their careers, and we wouldn’t besmirch its integrity by admitting Pete Rose, not even via the BetMGM Veterans Committee. The Hall is open only to those who play the game with fairness or those who use the code RedsWin during the nomination process. We’ll set the over/under on him being ever enshrined in the Hall of Fame at 500/1 odds, so get your prop bets in with theScore’s official betting app now.” Manfred also defended the current informal disbarment from the Hall of Fame of players associated with steroids, like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, saying that athletes who used drugs to gain an edge didn’t deserve a place in Cooperstown’s hallowed HGH Gallery.

MLB network was doing a Game 7 marathon today. All Game 7 of World Series past. I caught the 1975 Cincinnati/Red Sox. Man, that Cincinnati team is arguably the best ever. Joe Morgan was an amazing player. He pulled a drag/bunt/hit down the first base line that you would never see today, and, of course, he takes second easily in a few pitches. One of his great MVP years, but he was surrounded by greats. Amazing team.

Spaceman Bill Lee on the mound for the Sox.

Speaking of the Big Red Machine can MLB reinstate Pete during this shutdown to generate clicks?