Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Fuck the Yankees.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What do you mean its 30 degrees and snowing in the Great Lakes?

That's baseball weather!

If only someone in the league office could have forseen this?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Fuck the Yankees.
    I’ll echo that forever. Fuck the Yankees!!!

Fuck the Yankees.
    word, hatin the Yankees since 1977

Billy Wagner from the Ringer on picking the Mets to win it all after a subway series

"Please know that this pick comes at great risk to many of my personal and professional relationships. Before this blurb ever ran, I had three people tell me they’d never speak to me again if this happens.
    Which is peculiar, because I thought Yankees fans were totally fine with their 27 rings, bro. They have no issue with the Mets, bro. The Mets are like a little brother to them, bro. It’s cute when the Mets are good, bro. It’s fun to see some orange and blue in the city for once, bro. The Yankees are still the only real franchise in New York, bro. Please, bro, I swear Gerrit Cole is better than Jacob deGrom, bro. No for real, bro, if Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge could just stay healthy, bro. This is the year Aroldis Chapman locks it down in the playoffs, bro.
    Anyway, LFGM."

Yeah, yeah. Pen this in for another hundred.

LeMaheiu
    Judge
    Hicks
    Stanton
    Torres
    Gio
    Sanchez
    Bruce till 2020 hr leader Voit comes back
    Frazier

P:
    Cole

ETA: The Mets, lol

And Lindor will play the bulk of his contract on the wrong side of 30 after a bad year last season. Great player but I don't see how they don't regret this in five years. He's not Mookie.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Fuck the Yankees.
    Happy opening day everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    And Lindor will play the bulk of his contract on the wrong side of 30 after a bad year last season. Great player but I don't see how they don't regret this in five years. He's not Mookie.
    Bmills would like a word with you.

Truthfully, any 10 year contract is nuts, and I don't know Lindor's history well enough to say for sure, but I hope you're wrong. Locking in a great player at 27 doesn't seem crazy to me. And given that they barely played a third of a season last year, it's hard for me to say anyone had a "bad year last season".
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

No opening day for the Mets and Nats, canceled because of the covids.

Bmills would like a word with you.
    idk what the reason is he struck out more, hit for less power, and got on base less than any other season but he said he didn't go to the weight room enough and wore down by the end. it was a pretty short season. i wouldn't want that guy around for ten years based on the decline alone. I know that you're a fan of that team, and he seems like a cool guy that can put butts in the seats, but not if he 'wears down' at the end of the seasons and then goes 1-8 in losses to the yanks.

he's 27 though, if he hits like he had prior 2020 is pretty much wiped off the record and maybe the back end is shortened. we'll see.

No opening day for the Mets and Nats, canceled because of the covids.

and MLB shows again how pathetic it is.

they were just cancelling all sorts of games and barely had a season and they do not think to put two games on in primetime ? if not for covid, how about rainouts ? idiots.

that said, baseball is still the best game there is.

go Rockies, beat LA !
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Meh, MLBTV has lots of other games today that may get weathered out.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Miggy hits the first home run of the season in a white out in Detroit. Gotta love it. He slid into second cause he could t see it go out. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    and MLB shows again how pathetic it is.

they were just cancelling all sorts of games and barely had a season and they do not think to put two games on in primetime ? if not for covid, how about rainouts ? idiots.

that said, baseball is still the best game there is.

go Rockies, beat LA !

Baseball is great, MLB sucks. Seriously. Tomorrow is Good Friday, A LOT of people have the day off. Wouldn't it make more sense to do Opening day 1 day later?!? And of course only using Southern parks which feels like a no brainier, but for some reason has escaped them for years.

Wouldnt be surprised if Kersh gets smacked around and the Ds lose one of their few games all year .

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Baseball is great, MLB sucks. Seriously. Tomorrow is Good Friday, A LOT of people have the day off. Wouldn't it make more sense to do Opening day 1 day later?!? And of course only using Southern parks which feels like a no brainier, but for some reason has escaped them for years.

Wouldnt be surprised if Kersh gets smacked around and the Ds lose one of their few games all year .

on soapbox:

Friday ? opening day was generally Monday, what the hell happened to that ? playing 5 days earlier means they are certain not to play the world series in snow ? i don't think so, they just want as little of their post season competing with football as possible. what a bunch of pussies !

ff soapbox
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

few minutes late! Mookie & the WS MVP both already have hits

can’t wait for this little league runner on 2nd bullshit to disappear, like magic, one day.

same with 7th inning double headers.

why do they keep fucking with the game?

still glad baseball is back, looking forward to 161 more.

MLB 2021 Official Thread

^^Yep...Watched Yanks-Jays....I forgot about that extra inning bs......to think they kept that rule.....and turned down the DH rule.?

as usual, the Yanks won’t just put the ball in play to move runners.......although, first month of season, pitchers are always ahead of hitters.....

Tough to hit when seeing a different nasty pitcher every at bat......Jays used like 6-7 different pitchers. The last Jay through 99.....then had a 80 change...nasty...lol
    Last edited by BC.; 04-01-2021 at 05:23 PM.

yup. good young team with lots of likeable players.

PSA, if you're a T-Mobile or Sprint customer you can get a free mlb.com subscription for this season. Look for it on the T-Mobile Tuesdays app.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy
    Tomorrow is Good Friday, A LOT of people have the day off.
    Do they really?

The infamous runner-on-second-in-extra-innings rule — which is longwinded and ridiculous to begin with — was implemented in 2020 after a few years of experimentation in the indie leagues and the minors, and it was totally acceptable to use in a whacky, zany, pandemic-shortened season.
    Braves dropped to the Phillies in the 10th under the same retarded rule. They did have a chance and sent a runner from 3rd on a shallow fly to CF who was nailed with a great throw.

It was bandied about that maybe it would make more sense to invoke the runner on 2nd rule after the 10th or even 11th inning.

Baseball in April in the north is stupid.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Braves dropped to the Phillies in the 10th under the same r**** rule. They did have a chance and sent a runner from 3rd on a shallow fly to CF who was nailed with a great throw.

It was bandied about that maybe it would make more sense to invoke the runner on 2nd rule after the 10th or even 11th inning.

Baseball in April in the north is stupid.
    Maybe stay away from the slurs just cause your team can’t execute a sacrifice.

Not a fan of the second base, 10th inning rule. But the fact that the last person to make an out in ninth ends up being the player going on second just seems weird.

Mariners won on that rule, too. Giants pitcher walked three straight to give the Mariners a walk-off walk. An ugly way to win a game, but they "all count one" as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Maybe stay away from the slurs just cause your team can’t execute a sacrifice.
    Nothing to do with failing to execute, it is was a retarded decision to send Albies with the wind blowing in. He was out by more than a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Nothing to do with failing to execute, it is was a r**** decision to send Albies with the wind blowing in. He was out by more than a little.
    Again, no need for a slur.