Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2190
    Jezuz, I gotta listen to Arod for nine innings. Kill me now.

Congrats to Stanton for the longest single in history.

Cole not looking too dialed in at this point. Eovaldi looking pretty sharp.

Let's play a version of Where's Waldo. Find a non white person In that crowd.

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Congrats to Stanton for the longest single in history.
    Dumb John Sterling went into his douche-chilling home run call for that one and of course, miscalled it. “A Stantonian home run”.
    He’s the fucking worst.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...982472706?s=21

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.40.43 PM.png
Views: 149
Size:  43.8 KB

MLB 2021 Official Thread

sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. great job by the sox, have fun in florida
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Sox baby!!!!

Happy Yankee Elimination Day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Dumb John Sterling went into his douche-chilling home run call for that one and of course, miscalled it. “A Stantonian home run”.
    He’s the fucking worst.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...982472706?s=21
    Yankees announcers are on par with Boston sports talk radio, and management at Eldora Mountain Resort when it comes to utter ineptitude. They're all blessed with such a captive audience that they're under no pressure to be even vaguely competent.

Go Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Yankees announcers are on par with Boston sports talk radio, and management at Eldora Mountain Resort when it comes to utter ineptitude. They're all blessed with such a captive audience that they're under no pressure to be even vaguely competent.

Go Sox.
    Remy is light years better than that hack Sterling.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    No matter what happens you guys won the first half, no one can take that away from you.
    Thaaa Yankees lose.

Watching Garrit Cole choke was great.

Remy is light years better than that hack Sterling.
    Sox announcers have generally been excellent over the years. It's the local sports talk radio that has generally featured drooling cavemen.

Sox announcers have generally been excellent over the years. It's the local sports talk radio that has generally featured drooling cavemen.
    Ah yes. But local sports talk most places is horrific IMO.

I thought Felger and Mazz were destined for cancellation when they came on. But then they became the #1 radio show. I think they just troll Boston sports fans personally.

Toucher and Rich is tragic because those guys had a great show before they came sports talk. Now I feel like they are the equivalent of Benny 20 years ago just counting the days to retirement.

Ah yes. But local sports talk most places is horrific IMO.
    I mean, I don't expect these guys to be quoting Foucault and Derrida. But Boston is full of funny fuckers who are obsessed with sports, yet they choose to hire a certain type of Trump supporting, marble-mouthed troglodyte who regurgitates the same dopey opinions hour after hour, week after week. Common themes are "Belichick is an idiot" or "such and such Black player doesn't hustle or understand the fundamentals like Bob Cousy," or recently, "Cam Newton is distracted by rap music." Compared to the twits on WEEI (Boston), listening to KKFN in Denver, which features a bunch of mostly intelligent former Broncos players working with professionally trained hosts, is like listening to Laurence Olivier expound on the "winter or our discount tents."

At least that's what it was like last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I think they just troll Boston sports fans personally.
    That's all it is. That's all most of the local sports media is. I guess it's easier than actually doing quality analysis or writing with any style and flair. And whenever a decent writer does come along, they quickly find a job doing national coverage (See Doug Kyed and Jeff Howe in the last couple months). The Boston Globe used to have the best Sport section in the country. Now they have Trollin' Ben Volin.

But hey, the Sox beat the Yankees, so who gives a shit.

Well, now it official, all the Metro NY sports teams suck.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Who’s gonna manage the Mets next year?
    I still call it The Jake.

I think Urban Meyer would be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Well, now it official, all the Metro NY sports teams suck.
    Um, perspective, sir. The Orioles suck. The Yankees, eh, meh.

Yanks just up and down this year, like the Sox. Not expecting much against Tampa Bay but heyyaneverknow. With Whitlock back, Brasier throwing darts, Ottavino with some rest, Taylor a possibility, Robles coming on...maybe they even have a bullpen. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I think Urban Meyer would be a good fit.
    Coffee all over my keyboard.

Yeah, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Um, perspective, sir. The Orioles suck. The Yankees, eh, meh.
    Shit, I forgot Benny's "definition" of the NYC Metro area.

The Expos had a down year too, Ben.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Ok, there hasn't been a lot of chatter about the Yankees yet, but they're fucking due.

Of the three teams with the most wins in mlb, the *stros and Dodgers already got theirs. The roster isn't quite bulletproof (Voit, Britton start the season on the dl) but there is a lot of talent in the Bronx. Torres is going to come into his own. Judge is going to put things back together and stay healthy. Lemahieu is going to have another solid (mvp-esque) season. The weak links like Stanton and Sanchez still run into a few dozen, each, and the bombers will retake the HR record from the Twins.

The revamped pitching is a wildcard. I'll miss steady eddie Tanaka, but he is replaced by Kluber and Taillon who have real #1 stuff. Cole is Cole. Severino should be back before the all star break and early reports are encouraging. German and Montgomery can eat innings and are going to have long careers in the show.

The team hasn't managed to put things together in October in awhile but it's not like they looked like they shouldn't be there.

The Yanks are a juggernaut waiting to get relaunched and they're overlooked and under favored. I'll take it.

Yanks over Dodgers in 6.
    voit and britton started on the dl and finished there.
    dj never hit.

the final game of the season was played with minor leaguers velasquez at ss, higashioka catching, a washed up Odor at 3b, and a geriatric gardner in cf.

many games were lost as the yanks led mlb with gidp and outs at home. both were on display yesterday with nevins worst send since he sent gio for no reason in fenway in june (ok he had some
    other clunkers too).

for the offense that led the league in runs the past five years, they were horribly average or below most of the year as they not only could never figure out how to hit but they infected bolt on pieces like joey gallo as he went from a 140 to 93 ops in the bronx.

it was another uninspiring end as they were easily outclassed by the red sox superior infield, self inflicted base running blunders, a 300M choke artist, and the worst manager in the bigs.

the red sox also have much better announcers.

the only thing the red sox really lack is a proper place to play, that disgrace cost stanton two home runs and, maybe, gallo one!

just disgusting.

looking forward to the nl game between one of the best juggernauts i’ve ever seen and one of two teams that just never seems to lose.

nothing at stake so i got that going for me.

btw is boonehead fired yet? asking for millions…
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I like today's NL matchup: Scherzer vs. Wainwright. Scherzer has already cemented his way into the Hall of Fame. I'd say Wainwright falls a bit short, but clearly still one of the overall best pitchers of this century.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Coffee all over my keyboard.

Yeah, why not?

Shit, I forgot Benny's "definition" of the NYC Metro area.

The Expos had a down year too, Ben.
    I just let Benny go, he keeps himself busy looking for people of color in the stands.

Somehow this has morphed into a successful season for Yankee fans because they're not as bad as the O's? We have the Jets and Giants fans running around like they just won the Division last weekend? Hold my beer while I pee into this bottle.