Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 685
  1. #426
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    25,952
    deGrom with another gem, 6 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 9 K, 1 ER. And another 1-0 loss.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  2. #427
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    8,563

    MLB 2021 Official Thread

    Go Saaaaaux!! Facking dewd. Gimme some beers, Iím headed to Revere.

  3. #428
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    EC
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    deGrom with another gem, 6 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 9 K, 1 ER. And another 1-0 loss.
    Thatís brutal. Thatís gotta be getting old for him. He has been a complete stud for years and a Cy young recipient but he canít get a damn thing from the offense.

    Sounds like a Mets problem tho

  4. #429
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    5,362
    It’s DeGroms own fault. I mean, he is their best hitter, so they really count on him to come through and he just didn’t.

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    deGrom with another gem, 6 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 9 K, 1 ER. And another 1-0 loss.
    It's almost like he plays for the Mets or something!
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  6. #431
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    25,952
    Quote Originally Posted by paj View Post
    Thatís brutal. Thatís gotta be getting old for him. He has been a complete stud for years and a Cy young recipient but he canít get a damn thing from the offense.

    Sounds like a Mets problem tho
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Itís DeGroms own fault. I mean, he is their best hitter, so they really count on him to come through and he just didnít.
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    It's almost like he plays for the Mets or something!
    Truth
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,015
    How's Lindor doing?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    11,227
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    It's almost like he plays for the Mets or something!
    and people were salty Bauer decided to go to the Dodgers.

  9. #434
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    25,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    How's Lindor doing?
    Well, he's a Met now, so does that answer the question?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  10. #435
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    and people were salty Bauer decided to go to the Dodgers.
    really, besides BMills?

    Dodgers are a great club and put him in a position to get on the big stage. It is funny that when the Dodgers win a world series with the highest payroll, (or Boston in 2018) no one mentions it though. But if the Yankees sign, say, Gerrit Cole... the sport is broken.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  11. #436
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    24,469
    Nah, not salty about Bauer. In fact, I'm happy we got what we did when he decided to huck that ball over the centerfield wall in KC.

    Faith in the process:

    https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019...esmerises.html


    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Well, he's a Met now, so does that answer the question?
    Bwah.
    I still call it The Jake.

  12. #437
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    25,952
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    really, besides BMills?

    Dodgers are a great club and put him in a position to get on the big stage. It is funny that when the Dodgers win a world series with the highest payroll, (or Boston in 2018) no one mentions it though. But if the Yankees sign, say, Gerrit Cole... the sport is broken.
    Well, that's because the Yankees suck. Everyone knows that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  13. #438
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,015
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    24,469
    I don’t know what the answer is, but I do know that for some reason, baseball was can’t miss during the McGuire/Sosa run, but now the same big swing longball approach that is the Yankees current model is boring as shit.

    Yeah, it’s cause they’re the Yankees and fuck them, but is 200K pitchers and batters what we want?
    I still call it The Jake.

  15. #440
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cackalacky
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I donít know what the answer is, but I do know that for some reason, baseball was canít miss during the McGuire/Sosa run, but now the same big swing longball approach that is the Yankees current model is boring as shit.

    Yeah, itís cause theyíre the Yankees and fuck them, but is 200K pitchers and batters what we want?
    what is interesting is that mcgwire didn't really have a longball swing. honestly his swing was pretty quiet.

    sosa did have a pretty big swing but during that 1998 season, he had 200 hits. he also led the league in strikeouts which is mind-boggling.
    you don't want no smoke.

  16. #441
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    24,469
    I think now is an appropriate time to look back and remember when Senator Ted Kennedy took time out on the floor of the Senate to congratulate Sammy Sooser and Mike McGuire on their wonderful accomplishments.
    I still call it The Jake.

  17. #442
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,015
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    sosa did have a pretty big swing but during that 1998 season, he had 200 hits. he also led the league in strikeouts which is mind-boggling.
    The cork may have helped too.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  18. #443
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    6,139
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I donít know what the answer is, but I do know that for some reason, baseball was canít miss during the McGuire/Sosa run, but now the same big swing longball approach that is the Yankees current model is boring as shit.

    Yeah, itís cause theyíre the Yankees and fuck them, but is 200K pitchers and batters what we want?
    It's not as high an offense era now and there are many fewer balls in play that fall for hits. Look at the rates of doubles and triples. That's where things dropped off and those are the exciting plays.

    All Ks and HRs is relatively boring.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  19. #444
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    a poop plant
    Posts
    3,120
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    really, besides BMills?

    Dodgers are a great club and put him in a position to get on the big stage. It is funny that when the Dodgers win a world series* with the highest payroll, (or Boston in 2018) no one mentions it though. But if the Yankees sign, say, Gerrit Cole... the sport is broken.
    Fixed it for you.

  20. #445
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    fucking stupid ass extra inning rule again. third time in 30 days. guess that's what happens when you never score.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  21. #446
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    fucking stupid ass extra inning rule again. third time in 30 days. guess that's what happens when you never score.
    Agree. That is some stupid minor league shit right there.

  22. #447
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    8,563
    Itís early but the Sox end April as the best team in baseball!!

  23. #448
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    only team in the NL east with a positive run differential is the last place Marlins.

    #april
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  24. #449
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    5,362

  25. #450
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    a poop plant
    Posts
    3,120
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Ya, was watching the game. Horrible. I've been on the fence on bot umps, but leaning towards bots more and more. One bad ball and strike call here or there is one thing, but that was just ridiculous. Although after the second call, I'm lunging for that third one if I'm Flores.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •