Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2190
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    RE: Season length.

Would anyone object to cutting the Spring Training season in 1/2?
    yes. Pitchers need a lot of time to ramp up.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    No need to get so salty bud. It’s just a game. Just enjoy the great regular season you had. Next year when you win 80 games and finish 25 games back, you’ll wish you would have enjoyed this season more.
    There is absolutely a reason to get salty. You claimed the "better fanbase won". That is laughable. LA sucks. The Dodgers suck. The fanbase sucks. They cheer every fly ball like it's homerun because they're clueless frontrunners. They boo they're own all-time greats during a rough patch. They bounce beach balls in the stands. They come late and leave early. They do the fucking wave (that alone qualifies them for suckage).

So when a ragtag Giants team who were predicted to win 75 games wins the division and has the chance to knock off a bought team with frontrunning, clueless fans but loses a tight game like that- I get salty. Not in a real life sense, but in a sports sense.

Fuck the Dodgers. Fuck LA. And most certainty fuck every Dodger fan.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    hey man we arent all bad, but I appreciate the hate.

Regarding the quality of baseball fanbases:

There is a clear difference in how much fans pay attention, and how much they seem know about the game, and the players on their team and the visiting team. Here is my ranking based on first person experience attending games around the country:

Tier 1)
    Cardinals
    Red Sox
    Yankees
    Mets

Tier 2)
    Phillies
    Indians
    A's
    Cubs (overrated)

Tier 3)
    Giants
    Dodgers
    Orioles (bet it would be better if they didn't suck so bad)

Tier 4)
    Rockies (people talking about the Broncos)
    Rays

Tier 5)
    Marlins (I've been to greyhound races with bigger crowds with more energy)

Not much difference within tiers. Significant difference between. The gap between tiers 3 and 4 is BIG. Of course, these results will be skewed based on when I went to each stadium, where I sat, and who I happened to be seated near, especially for all the stadiums/cities where I've only been to one game. But I don't care. My goal to make some of you angry and incite a rant a or two, not present something that even vaguely resembles "science."

I've been a a bunch of Sox-Yankees games in Boston and New York, a Cubs-Cardinals game in St. Louis and a Giants-Dodgers game is San Francisco. The first two are phenomenal. The energy at the Giants-Dodgers game was not on the same level at all.

I don't know enough about fan bases to agree or disagree with ISBD's tiers, other than to add two data points:

• Every Met fan I know follows the team pretty religiously
    • People go to Rockies games as something to do while the Broncos aren't playing.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There is absolutely a reason to get salty. You claimed the "better fanbase won". That is laughable. LA sucks. The Dodgers suck. The fanbase sucks. They cheer every fly ball like it's homerun because they're clueless frontrunners. They boo they're own all-time greats during a rough patch. They bounce beach balls in the stands. They come late and leave early. They do the fucking wave (that alone qualifies them for suckage).

So when a ragtag Giants team who were predicted to win 75 games wins the division and has the chance to knock off a bought team with frontrunning, clueless fans but loses a tight game like that- I get salty. Not in a real life sense, but in a sports sense.

Epic rant. I read that in the voice of an angry Jim Brockmire.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Epic rant. I read that in the voice of an angry Jim Brockmire.

I read the last sentence picturing this guy

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 191
Size:  657.0 KB

Giants -dodgers used to be one of the more expensive games on the schedule to get tickets for; my experience was the quality of fans somewhat depended on the price of tickets and the cheaper the game the more into it people might be. That was a bit ago though, back when they were selling out every game.

twins are a tier 4 team. Low energy even on opening day. Bandwagon playoff run pretending to care until they get sawn up by the Yankees, then it’s back to “baseball? What’s that?”

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't know enough about fan bases to agree or disagree with ISBD's tiers, other than to add two data points:
    Neither do I. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    [*]Every Met fan I know follows the team pretty religiously
    Citi Field is a great place to see a ballgame. Better design than the new Yankee stadium. Cheaper and more kid friendly (i.e. less assholes) than Yankee Stadium or Fenway. Taking the train out to Queens would be a great experience for a kid who isn't used to that sort of thing. It's got a lot in common with going to a Cardinals game.

sadly, I have never been to Citi Field. I never go visit NYC during baseball season.

Here's my unpopular view: I like the regular season.

I also think the play-in game is idiotic. Make it a true series (5 or 7 games) or don't do it at all. I don't mind having more teams in the mix compared to how it was done in the past...teams should be rewarded for a good regular season (example the Dodgers 2021). Sure, we're going to have those teams like the Cards from 2006 that clearly weren't the best team in the regular season, but I don't mind that, they had injuries and got it done down the stretch.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Few things as I come off my nervous, hungover, giddy, relieved, stoked, etc feeling

I mostly agree with the tiers above, said it before moving to NYC in 06 made me a better Dodger fan as I talked to Yankees fans and Mets fans every day. You learn to know your shit or STFU. I am lucky to have some ride or die ( or show up on my birthday in the Ravine) Dodger fan friends including Arty50 that dont do the wave, hit beach balls, show up late or cheer flyballs, but that is accurate for 75% of the fans in LA. I love the team and tolerate my fellow fans.

Max Scherzer is an intense mofo, like Kershaw calls him SOO intense and Kerch is pretty intense.

its some Bullshit that Atlanta gets home field advantage after winning that minor league division vs the 2nd best team in baseball record wise. MLB needs to reseed every round but rather they leave it alone than fuck it up more with who knows what else they would add.

as always, fuck the Trashstros

They cheer every fly ball like it's homerun because they're clueless frontrunners.
    This one is quite surprisingly accurate. So often it's like, WTF are you cheering for, it's a pop-up to right field?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    But at the end of the day the better team, franchise, and fanbase won so what can you do?
    That's some laughable shit right there. Better fanbase? lol... you've got to be kidding or you're just incredibly clueless.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

its some Bullshit that Atlanta gets home field advantage after winning that minor league division vs the 2nd best team in baseball record wise.
    Whah fucking whah. If the Giants had won they would have been home team, that's the breaks. Gonna be fun NLCS.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Here's my unpopular view: I like the regular season.

I also think the play-in game is idiotic. Make it a true series (5 or 7 games) or don't do it at all. I don't mind having more teams in the mix compared to how it was done in the past...teams should be rewarded for a good regular season (example the Dodgers 2021). Sure, we're going to have those teams like the Cards from 2006 that clearly weren't the best team in the regular season, but I don't mind that, they had injuries and got it done down the stretch.
    ml242 & bmills & you are all deeep baseball guys if you love the tedium & tradition of a full season...sorry, I just don't get it

my worthless $0.02:
    the play-in game is purely for housekeeping -- you had your shot with 162 games to get your team to the post season.
    a full series for the odd-man-out ties that don't fit neatly into the playoff picture is just masturbation on an already too long season

Beach balls

You would bounce beach balls too if you didn’t have to wear your mittens to a day game in July….😂.

And we get there late and leave a little early sometimes because it’s a little busy down here with work and all. We can’t all be like San Franciscans with their boozy lunches and spectacular bay views. 😀

All jokes aside….fantastic series. My 84 year old Dodger fan Dad followed them east from Brooklyn in the late 50’s and brought his disdain of the Giants with him. He enjoys the rivalry like no other and as much as I love baseball…I love it more watching it thru sparkle in his eyes when they play.

Nothing like baseball!

Wow, the wave? Agreed.

Kiké!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Kiké!!
    And again!

Framber goes out and Yimi comes in. Hm.

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Every time the Astros hit a home run I just assume they are cheating.

Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Wow, the wave? Agreed.
    I was there for the very first Dodger (Doyer) "wave" in Ninety Eighty Four (1984). It was against the Mets (Metropolitans) right after the completions of the 1984 (Ninety Eighty Four) Olympic Games. I attended the Olympic soccer (ifutbol!) final (France vs. Brazil), and after that game the fuckin' "wave" broke out (God damn Euros!). It was actually kinda k00l to watch, however.

Anywho, a week or two later, me, my brotha Thomas, his cuz Claude, and our mutual friend Demetrius attended the aformentioned Doyer game. We were losing (loosing!), but around the bottom of the sixth (6th) inning, the fuckin' wave broke out! Totally fucked with the Met's pitcher(s). We scored, took the lead, and won. Afterwards, on our way to Tommy Burger, we listened to Vin Scully say something like " the Dodgers and the Wave beat the Mets something to something".

Still remember that, fairly vividly.

Never saw a wave at Dodger Stadium prior to that.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by claresdad View Post
    You would bounce beach balls too if you didn’t have to wear your mittens to a day game in July…..

And we get there late and leave a little early sometimes because it’s a little busy down here with work and all. We can’t all be like San Franciscans with their boozy lunches and spectacular bay views.

All jokes aside….fantastic series. My 84 year old Dodger fan Dad followed them east from Brooklyn in the late 50’s and brought his disdain of the Giants with him. He enjoys the rivalry like no other and as much as I love baseball…I love it more watching it thru sparkle in his eyes when they play.

Nothing like baseball!
    Lol. The hard working southern Californians. I can’t believe you even said that. Your city is known for Hollywood and entertainment.