Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    That seems like a hill he could die on.
    I still call it The Jake.

So Lebron is now part owner of he BoSox? I really don’t know how I feel about this at the moment. Conflicted of the top of my head.

https://apple.news/AFkFADiJ5QvGx124zzT0dwA

I thought he was already a partner in FSG. He was already something. Which makes him an owner of the Red Sox and Liverpool. And some NASCAR shit.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I thought he was already a partner in FSG. He was already something. Which makes him an owner of the Red Sox and Liverpool. And some NASCAR shit.
    He can have the futbol and cars. Besides, I thought Steph was the Sox fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    So Lebron is now part owner of he BoSox? I really don’t know how I feel about this at the moment. Conflicted of the top of my head.

https://apple.news/AFkFADiJ5QvGx124zzT0dwA
    Akron boy to fancy to buy the Indians?
    Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Akron boy to fancy to buy the Indians?
    Fraud
    The Kid from Akron only came around to the Tribe when Tito showed up and won more games than any AL squad since then.

That, and despite one of the most respected front offices in baseball, the Dolan ownership is far and away one of the cheapest - they’d never sell their baby for what Bron or any reasonable billionaire would pay for it.

*sigh* that could have been really cool.

60–62 Brookline Ave Boston, MA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mookie BB.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	188.7 KB 
ID:	368504

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The Kid from Akron only came around to the Tribe when Tito showed up and won more games than any AL squad since then.

That, and despite one of the most respected front offices in baseball, the Dolan ownership is far and away one of the cheapest - they’d never sell their baby for what Bron or any reasonable billionaire would pay for it.

*sigh* that could have been really cool.
    I think it is whole lot easier finding a pic of LBJ in a Wankers hat than anything else iirc.

60–62 Brookline Ave Boston, MA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mookie BB.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	188.7 KB 
ID:	368504
    I don’t think I have been more upset about losing a player in 40+ years of watching BB. I haven’t recovered yet cuz I am only a smidge excited for the upcoming season, and that just ain’t right. Could be extended pandepression, but who knows. FKIT.

If they spend the money they’d have allocated to mookie right...I don’t mind not signing him.

But giving Chris fucking Sale 35 a year 2 years before he was even due for a raise....with his injury and dead arm august history...get the fuck out of here.

I dont blame ownership. They cut fucking checks. They do what’s needed to win. 4x.
    Decisions Decisions

They just inexplicably decided one year they weren’t going to pay luxury tax so now they are stuck with some terrible contracts while watching their best player walk away.

MLB 2021 Official Thread

One year out of 20 they said ya know what? Let’s be smarter. I don’t want to sign a contract that 98% of the time fucks us. No matter the pink hat boopie police out there (that LOVE belichick for doing the same thing). Sign better players people forget you let mookie go. That’s it.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    One year out of 20 they said ya know what? Let’s be smarter. I don’t want to sign a contract that 98% of the time fucks us. No matter the pink hat boopie police out there (that LOVE belichick for doing the same thing). Sign better players people forget you let mookie go. That’s it.
    Which is why we say thank you...

If Duggie stays healthy you will love him, but hes no Mookie.

Just a few short days till opening day.

And this Bauer guy is a keeper
    Invites young kid that was bullied to be his guest at Camelback Ranch.
    https://www.truebluela.com/2021/3/27...s1El4QEb3Oov3I

Just a few short days till opening day.

And this Bauer guy is a keeper
    Invites young kid that was bullied to be his guest at Camelback Ranch.
    https://www.truebluela.com/2021/3/27...s1El4QEb3Oov3I
    Nice work Trevor.

Braves looking decent. Most of the same bats, a bit more speed. Starting has me a bit worried but they always seem to have a few no-names that suddenly make a splash.

4/1 here we go.

2x for Bauer, class act.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Braves looking decent. Most of the same bats, a bit more speed. Starting has me a bit worried but they always seem to have a few no-names that suddenly make a splash.

4/1 here we go.

2x for Bauer, class act.

Brave are a good team.
    Seeing a lot of folks calling a Dodgers/Braves NLCS, some even have the Braves winning it.

Many also predicting a Yankees Dodgers series, rematch 40 years in the making. That would be awesome on so many levels for me.

But thats all on paper. A lot of baseball to play
    Starting Thursday
    giggity

& I should be in Colorado then. April Dodgers and A basin would have been a no brainer any other year.

Mookie didnt hit a HR all spring training, until tonight.
    He hit 2.

Our 5th starter touches 101 with crazy movement

Really looking forward to watching this team.

Bravos are going to be good. Indians were the last team I can recall to host the ASG and the WS in the same year. Braces looking to do the same?

Frankie Lindor apparently turned down the Mets’ 10/$325M and countered with 12/$385 with a deadline of Thursday to get something done as he doesn’t like to deal with contracts during the season. That makes him a FA at the end of the year if the Mets don’t get it done.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a generational talent, young, and is entitled to get every penny he can, I just hope he doesn’t sour what is I think one of his strongest assets: his rep as a likable guy, teammate and plays for the game itself.

Francisco Lindor and the Mets have a deal.

Ten years, $341 million.

Fuck. Yes.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Francisco Lindor and the Mets have a deal.

Ten years, $341 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Fuck. Yes.
    Wow. Good for Frankie. Great for the Mets. Happy for you and your ilk Danno.

I’ll always cheer for him.

Oh and, IT’S OPENING DAY!

Anyone know the best way to get around the bullshit blackout rules? Living in SLC and the geniuses at MLB black me out from DBacks and Rockies games, which is annoying for a Dodgers fan. I’ve always had the fox sports package in the past but I got rid of directv this year and only have mlbtv. It seems like I may be able to trick the app with a vpn, but I’m a complete Luddite when it comes to this.

Go Sox!!!

Ok, there hasn't been a lot of chatter about the Yankees yet, but they're fucking due.

Of the three teams with the most wins in mlb, the *stros and Dodgers already got theirs. The roster isn't quite bulletproof (Voit, Britton start the season on the dl) but there is a lot of talent in the Bronx. Torres is going to come into his own. Judge is going to put things back together and stay healthy. Lemahieu is going to have another solid (mvp-esque) season. The weak links like Stanton and Sanchez still run into a few dozen, each, and the bombers will retake the HR record from the Twins.

The revamped pitching is a wildcard. I'll miss steady eddie Tanaka, but he is replaced by Kluber and Taillon who have real #1 stuff. Cole is Cole. Severino should be back before the all star break and early reports are encouraging. German and Montgomery can eat innings and are going to have long careers in the show.

The team hasn't managed to put things together in October in awhile but it's not like they looked like they shouldn't be there.

The Yanks are a juggernaut waiting to get relaunched and they're overlooked and under favored. I'll take it.

Yanks over Dodgers in 6.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi