Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

this ohtani guy is pretty good.
    swing your fucking sword.

yeah, he’s the real deal.

i may have mentioned this YT channel ‘baseball does not exist’ a few weeks ago here. really good content, they did something on Greinke that was pretty interesting and i wonder if he could have been a legit two player at some point as well.

worth watching for other reasons tho:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vuTMPm7A0zQ
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    yeah, he’s the real deal.

i may have mentioned this YT channel ‘baseball does not exist’ a few weeks ago here. really good content, they did something on Greinke that was pretty interesting and i wonder if he could have been a legit two player at some point as well.

worth watching for other reasons tho:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vuTMPm7A0zQ
    BDNE is an excellent channel. i highly recommend Jomboy Media as well.

but neither have anything on jon bois:

HOLEEE SHIT.

As advertised matchup is delivering. Reigning Cy Young and AL pitching Triple Crown winner Shane Bieber just went 9 shutout innings with 11 Ks.

Problem is. The ChiSox’ pitching has been nearly as good with Giolito going 7 shutout innings and the pen picking up the last two.

Off to extras for the first time this year.

ETA: BALLGAME!

Tribe wins 2-0 in 10. Bieber gets the win. Wild Thing gets the 1 inning save.
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 04-13-2021 at 09:17 PM.
    I still call it The Jake.

detroit takes the first two from the astros and neither was close. seems when you go up against the former astros mgr who knows how you cheat, its hard to win.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Go Tigers ( or anyone playing the stros TBH)

Bauer goes 7 innings with one hit, 2 walks & 9 Ks. I think he will do alright. Ds win 7 nil

Yesterday I was following the Mets game box score online. Was annoyed to see the bullpen seemingly blow another one, first losing the lead in the 6th, then falling behind in the 8th. I do some work, Mets come up, and I toggle back and see they have someone on 2nd with no outs. Cool, I think, I wonder how the guy got there, there's no double in the box score, I go to the play by play, still can't figure it out.

It's a fucking double header, so only a 7 inning game now, the 8th is now extra innings with that stupid runner starting on 2nd. Which is why they fell behind in the top of the 8th, because the Phillies started with a runner on 2nd. And why the box score shows nothing for how the Mets got a guy on second in the bottom of the 8th. Ridiculous.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We can have 7 inning double headers but no universal DH?

It's the new baseball Danno. I figure if they find the 2nd base thing not finishing the game fast enough we'll go to a runner on 3rd next.

I actually think bases loaded, 2 outs w/3-2 count would be a more fun way to end games.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I liked the extra inning rule last night when it benefitted my team.

Check in with me in a week when it goes the other way and I hate it.

fuck the DH, fuck 7 inning double headers
    fuck the guy on second in extras
    Learn how to manage a squad and deal with it.
    if your center fielder ends up pitching the 12th inning? great, thats the way it works. Shouldnt of used so many "situational" relievers.

let baseball be baseball, no special rules.
    NO SPECIAL RULES
    26 man roster, you start 9.
    pitcher on the mound, catcher behind the plate, rest are up to you.
    everybody bats
    Substitutions are substitutions, that guy is done.

All this special rule bullshit is ruining the game

^^^
    I'm with you 1000%.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    if your center fielder ends up pitching the 12th inning? great, thats the way it works. Shouldnt of used so many "situational" relievers.

NO SPECIAL RULES
    everybody bats

preach
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Works for me.

While we are at it, no more replays. If the Umpire blows a call that is part of the human element of the game.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

NO SPECIAL RULES
    everybody bats

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Works for me.

While we are at it, no more replays. If the Umpire blows a call that is part of the human element of the game.
    I'm ok with all of this, but keep the DH. No one wants to see their $100MM pitcher stand in and pull something because he hasn't taken BP since high school.

You want to speed up the game, either pitch clock or no stepping out of the box. And enforce both.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I'm ok with all of this, but keep the DH. No one wants to see their $100MM pitcher stand in and pull something because he hasn't taken BP since high school.

You want to speed up the game, either pitch clock or no stepping out of the box. And enforce both.
    No special rules. Everybody hits, all levels.

Baseball is baseball: Little League to MLB ( yes I now this idealistic and MLB is more a business than a game these days, but people picking and choosing which special rules are needed because $ is involved is bullshit)

i like the difference between leagues with the dh. put baseball back as it was in 1990 and i’m good.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I don't want the DH (I'd be ok with abolishing it completely but it at least should remain in the NL). The best pitcher in baseball is a very good hitter, and having him hit is an advantage for the Mets. It's part of the game, suck it up. Plus, it makes for more strategic decisions. With the DH, it's simpler but less strategic in managing when to pull the pitcher.

I say all that even though for the Mets this year, the DH would help a lot, as they have more good bats then they have spots for on the field.

And that right there is why it will be universal Danno. After the impending lockout/strike over the new CBA there will be lots of pressure from the MLBPA to create roster spots for those guys who can hit but can't field anymore at a high level.

oh, I am fairly certain that universal DH is coming, the writing has been on the wall forever. But I don't have to like it.

I will say that I have less problem with it than some of this other bullshit (7 inning doubleheader and the extra innings rule).

Lo Duca has to cough up $500,000 to Joe West...ouch.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

NO SPECIAL RULES
    everybody bats

second all that. the DH in both leagues is inevitable; but to hell with 7 inning doubles, that's for college and high school. most everyone playing MLB is making a million yearly or more, they can man up and play full games and give the fans 9 innings before their driver drives them home and tucks them in to their silk sheets.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    most everyone playing MLB is making a million yearly or more, they can man up and play full games and give the fans 9 innings before their driver drives them home and tucks them in to their silk sheets.
    i don't disagree on the two full games thing but you are a little off on your assertions about salary. 40% of the league makes below a million per season. i know plenty of guys making league minimum and they are not living lavishly at all. don't get me wrong, they are making a killing when compared to the rest of us, but with the volatility of the job for most guys and the uncertainty of a long-term paycheck, not everyone has it made. these dudes, especially the ones that don't come from much wealth, aren't just supporting their immediate families, they are contributing to a network of people. they don't see anything near that 570k or whatever it is for themselves.

just saw that they are adding a new dh plan for the atlantic league: dh goes away when SP is pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    just saw that they are adding a new dh plan for the atlantic league: dh goes away when SP is pulled.
    so DUmb, at least some SP can hit. Never seen a reliever take a decent cut. Moving the mound back too.
    dumb, stick with baseball it works