Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2190

Thread: MLB 2021 Official Thread

Dont like it but only way to have a rule that works is 3B and SS must be on 3B side of 2B when pitch is thrown, 2B and 1B inverse a on dirt
    Out field hard to qualify methinks

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Dont like it but only way to have a rule that works is 3B and SS must be on 3B side of 2B when pitch is thrown, 2B and 1B inverse a on dirt
    Out field hard to qualify methinks
    When you say it out loud like that, it sounds even more stupid.
    I still call it The Jake.

yeah, it gets into the kind of stupid offsides rules that are subjective and ruin sports like soccer.

and if they want to speed up games and make them more fair, then just put in robot umps. it may not make a huge difference in every game, but in the games that people get thrown out i will shave a lot of time.

and fuckit, more fair as a byproduct? i don’t see a downside.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

The Lockout is over (allegedly). Opening Day April 7.

https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/spo...ut-opening-day

Woot
    9 innings dbl headers and real extra innings
    No more DBag on 2nd rule

Fuck the DH
    Clayton will still PH

Advertisements on uniforms.

Do players see that revenue? And will the Yankees sully the pinstripes for such crass and trashy concerns?

Haha. DH in NL. Haha.

The ban on the shift still annoys me because it caters to "athletes" that can't or won't adjust their game to face their opponent like every other sport, and because it will not help speed the game up at all.

Glad this is over. What I don't get are the bigger bases. Is that a safety thing?

Good riddance to the DH, but wish the shift would stay. Also, I guess I'm the only one, but I liked the runner on 2nd in extras

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Glad this is over. What I don't get are the bigger bases. Is that a safety thing?

Good riddance to the DH, but wish the shift would stay. Also, I guess I'm the only one, but I liked the runner on 2nd in extras
    for a baseball fan you really don’t like baseball

i imagine bigger bases will make instant replays quicker & perhaps less necessary

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The ban on the shift still annoys me because it caters to "athletes" that can't or won't adjust their game to face their opponent like every other sport, and because it will not help speed the game up at all.
    Agreed. Pretty silly.

I hate the thought of ads on unis. Just look at MLS and Premier league where you basically can't even tell what team is on the field unless you know who their major sponsor is.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    for a baseball fan you really don’t like baseball

i imagine bigger bases will make instant replays quicker & perhaps less necessary
    I love baseball, but recognize that for it to survive in the 21st century they need to make changes to make it more watchable for casual fans on TV. I also prefer action to strikeouts and home runs, so having a runner on second is a lot more fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Agreed. Pretty silly.

I hate the thought of ads on unis. Just look at MLS and Premier league where you basically can't even tell what team is on the field unless you know who their major sponsor is.
    thats also because the epl teams have 3-5 different kits to sell more replicas. The most irritating thing about sponsors is >1 is gonna be a gambling company and the writers and league are still gonna moralize

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I remember seeing the infield shift on Jason Giambi at Yankee stadium one time in the early times of shift. I thought, damn, that motherfucker is making 6 mil this year alone (I know, I know) and he doesn't have the skills to hit it into that massive hole? What the fuck.

Players are more valuable to their team and in dollar value (to themselves) NOT attempting to hit a single to the left side. Same idea as David Ortiz or Jason Giambi sacrifice bunting. They’ll ATTEMPT a sacrifice bunt but they’ll get maybe 2 or 3/10 down successfully. Maybe. Foul a couple off and suddenly you’re 0-2 and hitting from behind. And that’s probably more likely.

No…they don’t just “hit it through the hole over there”. It isn’t that simple.
    Decisions Decisions

Yeah, but, nobody can bunt these days. A good one is rare. Anyway, meaty power hitters rarely bunted in bunt times, it was little speedy infielders.

They didn’t attempt to bunt because it’s more effective to hit away. Just like it’s more effective instead of attempting to hit it through a hole the other way, try and hit it for extra bases.
    Decisions Decisions

It's impossible at this point, but, I'd love to see an overlay of balls hit by present day power hitters, on average, compared to, oh, the late 50s to the 70s. I'll bet the old timers were better at hitting to the other side because they were rewarded for it with higher salaries and longevity. Today, it's like, bash it out to the short fence frequently? Here's your Porsche gift card.

That great racist player, Ty Cobb, was so pissed off the Babe got all the glory by hitting home runs, especially since the Babe in his mind was colored, that he said, fine, and one year he jacked his multi base numbers to say, see, ain't that hard. The game suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    They didn’t attempt to bunt because it’s more effective to hit away. Just like it’s more effective instead of attempting to hit it through a hole the other way, try and hit it for extra bases.
    Bunting don't pay. Like stealing bases..

Just this generational shift in a sport I love(d). Maybe I’ll get used to it, but fuck MLB and he owners. Including this POS in Denver. Baseball people should own baseball teams, fuck the rest.

Most importantly, can we get the ‘22 thread? Who is the one Bravo fan on here?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Because it’s not as valuable in terms of scoring more runs. Outs are valuable. Don’t make outs.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's impossible at this point, but, I'd love to see an overlay of balls hit by present day power hitters, on average, compared to, oh, the late 50s to the 70s. I'll bet the old timers were better at hitting to the other side because they were rewarded for it with higher salaries and longevity. Today, it's like, bash it out to the short fence frequently? Here's your Porsche gift card.

That great racist player, Ty Cobb, was so pissed off the Babe got all the glory by hitting home runs, especially since the Babe in his mind was colored, that he said, fine, and one year he jacked his multi base numbers to say, see, ain't that hard. The game suffered.
    What the fuck are you talking about

Hitters now routinely hit the ball 420+ feet and very routinely hit the ball 375 to the gaps. Jim Rice, Mel Ott, Bobby Bonds? Every team has one if not 2 or 3 now.
    Decisions Decisions

Pete hit it where they ain’t all the time.

Now he’ll get to see guys hit it where they have to be.

While wearing a draftkings.com logo on their chest.

Ohhh!

Bass drum, rim shot, cymbal.

Brock’s here to dish cliche

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Larger bases should increase steals and XBH.

Stolen bases make an impact when part of overall agressive base running

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...s116ot0d4j2dq4