Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Don’t know all the details, but my understanding is Arenado didn’t waive his opt out or no trade clause. So you have to imagine he’ll try to renegotiate the existing contract, which only complicates things.

But the Rockies suck as an organization, so who knows what’s really going on.

Yeah trading Arenado and 50 million for a bag of chips is pretty outrageous.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Unless he is a powder hound, he has got to be stoked.

St Louis would be a great place to have a baseball career.

Great stadium, nice museum all about Card History. Sort of a mini HOF.

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Dustin Pedroia retires. Big time nutsack.

Fuck. Went 3-31 in 2018/2019 while hurt. Ends career at .299. 2-2 away from rounding to .300.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Dustin Pedroia retires. Big time nutsack.

Fuck. Went 3-31 in 2018/2019 while hurt. Ends career at .299. 2-2 away from rounding to .300.
    Much respect for Pedroia,

ROTY, AL MVP, four-time Gold Glove winner and three-time World Series champion. No bullshit, show up, work hard, win shit. 1,500 + games for one stored organization. always one of if not the top second basemen in the game in the 10 years he was healthy

One of the biggest lil ballers ever. Thanks for the memories.

HAPPY MOOKIE BETTS DAY!!!

Feb 4, 2020
    BREAKING: The Los Angeles Dodgers have agreed to a deal with the Boston Red Sox that would send star outfielder Mookie Betts and starter David Price to the Dodgers, sources familiar with the deal tell ESPN. Deal is pending medical reviews.

There could be a third team involved in the deal. Significant cash will be going the way of wherever David Price lands. But the main player, Mookie Betts, will be a Dodger should medicals go as expected.

Name:  IMG_4470.JPG
Views: 1718
Size:  39.9 KB

Prospects of the season starting on time and going a full 162?

Prospects of a 2022 season even happening?

In the famous words of Hall of Fame announcer Marty Brennaman, “If you ask yourself the age-old question “how we lookin”? The answer is, not good”.
    I still call it The Jake.

0. Maybe 132.

Marty Brenneman went out with a bang
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    0. Maybe 132.

Marty Brenneman went out with a bang
    That was Thom Brennaman, and yes he did. I think I read he's doing games in the DR right now, no joke.

Marty as far as I know is retired in Florida somewhere, drinking bourbon and feeding the writers of Brockmire with pages of ideas.

This may be the year Tebow graduates from AAA.

Depending on how bad the ticket sales are for the Mets.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post

Bwah.

Admit it, someone here knows someone with a Tebow Mets jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post

If anyone is looking for mini packages for the Mets, I got a guy...

My neighbor has a Teabow jersey, think a Yankee fan friend gave it too him as a gag if I remember..

Speaking of the Mets, Bauer?!? Holy shit

Maybe Thor will be a Dodger sooner rather than later.

My ex son in law was in the minor leagues with the Mets. When he was in Columbia, SC he was on the team with Tebow. We went down one weekend. They had all the players lined up for autographs. We got to jump line because we we were "family". I bailed and went after a brew.

My idiot wife, got SIL to sign something, but walked by Tebow. I asked her WTF, we could get Anthony could sign shit anytime. Geeezzzz

Women would prep their daughters like they were going to the prom, and have them form a circle in the stands where all the players came out. Plunging necklines, slits up to the ass, it was a show. Moms all liked up about three rows behind the daughters. Guess none of them were Ms. Universe quality.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

That sounds like a scene out of Bull Durham.

Love it.

Few weeks till spring training supposedly starts and these fuckers still havent ironed out playoff numbers or the DH.

Who knows whats gonna happen...

Dodgers win consecutive* World Series titles

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That was Thom Brennaman, and yes he did. I think I read he's doing games in the DR right now, no joke.

Marty as far as I know is retired in Florida somewhere, drinking bourbon and feeding the writers of Brockmire with pages of ideas.
    Hank Azaria interviewed by Fresh Air last March, and it was replayed very recently. Available in podcast world.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hank Azaria interviewed by Fresh Air last March, and it was replayed very recently. Available in podcast world.
    I finally caught up on the first few episodes of Season 4. Great show.

East Bound and Down and Brockmire tell the same story from two different vantage points in America's Pastime.

Walker Buehler
    Trevor Bauer
    Clayton Kershaw
    David Price
    Dustin May
    Julio Urías

Gonsolin can start too.
    damn

Wow. That is all.
    Decisions Decisions

Crazy hudge contract. For a guy of questionable character and no track record of excellence.

I feel like the Mets dodged a bullet.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I mean, his character is what it is, but he’s the reigning Cy Young and he can throw like 150p an outing.

That’s an insane contract though.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I mean, his character is what it is, but he’s the reigning Cy Young and he can throw like 150p an outing.

That’s an insane contract though.
    His character is what it is, hard to argue with that deep insight. You should be on ESPN.

He's the reigning CYA for a season that was 1/3 of a normal season. Outside of that, he had one excellent year, 2018, and has a career ERA of 3.90. If he pitches like this past season for a full year, he's worth that insane money. But it sure seems like a gamble.

No doubt as a Mets fan a part of me is trying to convince myself that this outcome is better, and it's not my money, but looking at those numbers makes me kind of glad the Mets didn't "win". Plus, given the Mets recent history with Porter, and now the stories about Callaway, not to mention Cohen's past, I'm relieved he's not a Met.