Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2190
    Jezuz, tough crowd. Typical Yankee fans though.

Dudya find any non white fans btw? I didn't see one.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

for the offense that led the league in runs the past five years, they were horribly average or below most of the year as they not only could never figure out how to hit but they infected bolt on pieces like joey gallo as he went from a 140 to 93 ops in the bronx.
    I mean, for years all the Yankees do is get huge dudes who hit homers and strike out. Maybe that isn’t the solution for winning in the post season you all think it is.

Once it cools down those homers turn into wall balls and fly outs. Strike outs kill you with RISP.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I didn't see one.
    Teehee

SO considering he spin rate reduction since they outlawed the sticky stuff, and his disastrously horrid performance, can the Yankees get some of their 11ty billion dollars back from Cole?

Tonight
    oy

Max is amazing but has been bad recently, offense is inconsistent even when all healthy, which we are not. Cardinals often own my Dodgers in the post season.

I see a lot of nervous drinking in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Dudya find any non white fans btw? I didn't see one.
    TV did kinda feature one black guy in a Sox sweatshirt jumping up to cheer a play early. Beyond that I didn't notice any but i wasn't looking either. But there's not that many black folks in New England in the first place, and like everywhere else not a very high percentage of them are baseball fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I mean, for years all the Yankees do is get huge dudes who hit homers and strike out. Maybe that isn’t the solution for winning in the post season you all think it is.

Once it cools down those homers turn into wall balls and fly outs. Strike outs kill you with RISP.
    And it doesn't help that the $324 million dollar man (now sans spider tack) needs a guy making league minimum to pitch the 3rd inning for him. Then there's Giancarlo watching his HR...no wait, double...no wait, single...to set the tone on the offensive side.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    And it doesn't help that the $324 million dollar man (now sans spider tack) needs a guy making league minimum to pitch the 3rd inning for him. Then there's Giancarlo watching his HR...no wait, double...no wait, single...to set the tone on the offensive side.
    The wall is the greatest optical illusion in baseball. Did you see the throw? He might not have made it running.

But, yeah, you know Benny, always ranting about 300 million dollar ten year contracts. Especially pitchers, for gods sake.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    But there's not that many black folks in New England in the first place, and like everywhere else not a very high percentage of them are baseball fans.
    I feel like the percentage has been increasing lately, though, and the number of (non-Latino) black players in MLB is starting to tick up a bit.

I was listening to the Brockmire podcast with Dan Patrick, and Dan came up with a good one about Dave Kingman, how, he was sort of a joke, and today he'd be respected and rich. Strikeouts and monster home runs.

Not sure about Kingman being a joke, but I'll bet he's the least valuable player in major league history with over 400 home runs.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I feel like the percentage has been increasing lately, though, and the number of (non-Latino) black players in MLB is starting to tick up a bit.
    Is it? That's good. It's pretty obvious that if you're a pro-caliber athlete and can play baseball, you should. Hopefully more black kids get that message and forget about football entirely. Hoops is a tougher call but there's so few jobs and the average career is so short it still leans baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Not sure about Kingman being a joke, but I'll bet he's the least valuable player in major league history with over 400 home runs.
    Didn' he play for four teams in one season when he was in his prime? I don't recall that he had attitude issues a la Bobby Bonds, so I guess that those teams couldn't figure out how to use him.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

LETS GO CARDS!!!!!!!
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Oh, right. St. Louis is in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Didn' he play for four teams in one season when he was in his prime? I don't recall that he had attitude issues a la Bobby Bonds, so I guess that those teams couldn't figure out how to use him.
    #borntoDH

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    LETS GO CARDS!!!!!!!
    Mad Max is going 8, giving up 1 run on 3 or 4 hits with 12 K’s. Dodgers are cruising tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Oh, right. St. Louis is in this.
    At least for your sake it’s not the Blues……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Mad Max is going 8, giving up 1 run on 3 or 4 hits with 12 K’s. Dodgers are cruising tonight.
    Happy for a friendly wager…….
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

I’m down. What’s the wager?

I’m down. What’s the wager?
    Bottle of winners choice. $75 limit.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Works for me. Let’s do it.

Fkn Joe West as Umpire

Works for me. Let’s do it.
    You sure?????
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    At least for your sake it’s not the Blues……
    ha! funny.

Fuck you too.

That was not an ideal start.