Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2190
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    FYI, some great ticket deals using promo code FANS for upcoming Ms games.
    Yeah I got tickets for 25 rows up right behind the Sox dugout for less than $20 a couple weeks ago. Granted it was a Wednesday afternoon, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Better than the 4,000 who watched the As-Ms in Oakland last week, with playoffs still on the line, and potentially the As last season in Oakland (lowest Oakland non-COVID related attendance in 24 years). Ms have to prove this is no fluke before people start coming back. Fans have been burned seventeen too many times.
    FTFY

Was at the Jays game last night. Felt great to be out at the park again. Playoff atmosphere, great game all-around. Oh, and Fuck The Yankees.

That is all.

Well, it's Canada. Excitement is rare.

Better news is Baltimore over Boston the other night. Ha Ha.

The AL wildcard is going to be fun no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Was at the Jays game last night. Felt great to be out at the park again. Playoff atmosphere, great game all-around. Oh, and Fuck The Yankees.

That is all.

Niiice. Wild game last night.

My Dad took the whole fam up to a Divisional Playoff game at the SkyDome in 1991. Our seats were a front row table at the Hard Rock Cafe in center field. Joe Carter was playing. It was about as cool as it could get for a young kid. The Jays lost that game, but I've always pulled for them since.

Well, and fuck the rest of the AL East (except you, Baltimore, we feel bad for you).
    I still call it The Jake.

jezuz, 47 games out, Is that a record?

Fortunately, I spend time in Baltimore, and it makes seats affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    jezuz, 47 games out, Is that a record?

Fortunately, I spend time in Baltimore, and it makes seats affordable.
    Diamondbacks are 54 out

Jezuz. Inequality is a baseball issue, too.

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Diamondbacks are 54 out
    yeah, according to record this is the best Giants team ever, really its just the D backs are historically bad.

Is 1906 baseball significant for some reason that I’m missing? Because the best giants by wins were 1904 (106) and 1905(105) but somehow these aren’t mentioned (not aimed at you woodsy)? Seems significant a team is 2 wins away from tieing the franchise record.

Red Sox Crash 'n' Burn '21 tour continues in Baltimore. w t f

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Is 1906 baseball significant for some reason that I’m missing? Because the best giants by wins were 1904 (106) and 1905(105) but somehow these aren’t mentioned (not aimed at you woodsy)? Seems significant a team is 2 wins away from tieing the franchise record.
    Not that I'm aware of. They usually say the "modern era" started in 1901, so I dunno.

baltimore was due though.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Crying shame.

It was enjoyable to watch Vladimir Guerrero casually drop a pop foul ball just now. Really don't like that fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It was enjoyable to watch Vladimir Guerrero casually drop a pop foul ball just now. Really don't like that fellow.
    I freaking loved watching Vlad Sr play. I haven’t paid much attention to Jr other than stats, so I can’t get behind any hate. I don’t understand the softball bod, but whatever.

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Yankees FKNA!!!

And the Sux lose too!!!! Major FKNA!!! And to the Mighty Orioles!!!!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Yankees FKNA!!!

And the Sux lose too!!!! Major FKNA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I freaking loved watching Vlad Sr play. I haven’t paid much attention to Jr other than stats, so I can’t get behind any hate. I don’t understand the softball bod, but whatever.
    Watch the Jays (while you can lol)! Super fun young team having a blast playing ball.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Ha ha suck it chowd boy!!!!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Braves-Brewers. Bring it on.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Watch the Jays (while you can lol)! Super fun young team having a blast playing ball.
    I may have put a few fun bucks with high odds on the Jays doing fairly well overall this year. I may do it again next season. They do seem to be trending up.

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yesterday afternoon at 1pm on a beautiful sunny and warm fall day in Cleveland the Indians played a make-up game against the Kansas City Royals.

In what would otherwise be a meaningless game for a team hovering right at .500 after battling at or near the top of the division most of the year, only to come up short thanks to injuries and baseball in general, over 13,000 showed up and many more, just like me, logged in online to watch from near and far.

The Tribe won 8-3 and after the game no one left. The fans continued to cheer long after the fireworks stopped. The players came out of the dugout and applauded the fans, who in turn cheered louder for them, waving signs and banners and even beating drums like John Adams'. Future Hall of Famer and Tribe radio man Tom Hamilton let the sounds speak for itself.

An otherwise meaningless game to be sure, but filled with poignancy for some. It was the last home game in which the home team would be known as the Indians. The end of an era and the beginning of a new one next February.

Sure, some were sad. A 96 year old woman battling dementia who dislikes the name change asked to make it to the game as a bucket-list item. The aforementioned John Adams and his bass drum, a cadence-beating fixture since the 70's was no longer in the top row of the bleachers in the seat under his plaque, he too now in old age and battling health issues - The Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney filled in for John at this year's home opener.

That's major league baseball in a small town. Generational fans tied dearly to their team looking to catch them play one more time the way they've known them for decades.

And that's just fine.

I tuned in cause some of my most fond memories are sitting in my family's seats along the first base line during that historic stretch of 455 straight sellouts. The 95 and 97 Series, the 97 ASG, and most recently, making the trip up north for the 16 Series and the 22 game win streak. The team has been amazingly successful ever since they took the field under that giant "Indians" marquis above what was at one point the largest jumbotron in sports in centerfield. To quote Cleveland comedian/sports historian, Brian Kenny, "the Indians were in a slump that they didn't make the playoffs one goddamed time from 1954 to 1995; modern fans have no idea how good they've got it, no matter how goddamned cheap the Dolans are".

That right there becomes a part of any fan.

But, maybe unlike the 96 year old woman and those like her, I tuned in to catch one more glimpse of my favorite club playing in a stadium that will always be The Jake to me, to see that same familiar place one more time, only now, with an eye towards the next chapter.

It's the end of an era to be sure, but I'm thankful it didn't go the way the Browns did in 1996. Not only that, the talent at Pitching U is young and loaded, and thanks to a $400MM+ deal and a new lease, the Jake will get a hefty revamp this winter (hopefully not taking away what makes it one of the absolute best places to see a baseball game anywhere), ready for the club to take the field as the Guardians on what will undoubtedly be a snowy Monday next April against the Tigers.

So on an unremarkable Monday in Cleveland, baseball moves on. ROLL TRIBE.
    Loved this. So well written.

And GOMS.

“I’m going to the game.”

“But we have a dinner party with the RiceChex”

“I’m going to the game.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Loved this. So well written.

And GOMS.

“I’m going to the game.”

“But we have a dinner party with the RiceChex”

“I’m going to the game.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks Art, I appreciate it.

Baseball is a funny game, how it follows you around your whole life.

In the words of the RiceChex, “Do you do shots? Come on, woof it!”

Cheers man, here’s to next season.
    I still call it The Jake.