Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    The ONLY reason Manny isn't in is because of PEDs. Without that, he'd be a lock. I can't believe that's even a discussion.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It’s almost as if cheating in a game should have real consequences that affect your long term legacy as a player of that game. It’s a fucking game and how you play it and represent it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    It’s almost as if cheating in a game should have real consequences that affect your long term legacy as a player of that game. It’s a fucking game and how you play it and represent it matters.
    The entire league was doing or looking the other way. It’s part of the game. Always has been, always will be. If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying. Sucks but that’s the truth. So anyone on their high horse about integrity of the game, needs to take a pommel in the nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The ONLY reason Manny isn't in is because of PEDs. Without that, he'd be a lock. I can't believe that's even a discussion.
    Right???!!! Bonds. A Rod. Pujols (later). Miggy Cabrera (later). Griffey (earlier). That’s it. First ballot names.

I also love the fact he was doing PEDs. Didn’t need them. Not sure if it helped him (prob did somehow but). It’s so manny.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I also love the fact he was doing PEDs. Didn’t need them. Not sure if it helped him (prob did somehow but). It’s so manny.
    I just want this preserved as the most Boston sports take of the day.

Come back later to claim your prize of a box of day old Dunkin's.
    I still call it The Jake.

You know manny! Lofton Baerga Belle Ramirez Alomar Thome Sexson vizquel Fryman
    Decisions Decisions

You know manny! Lofton Baerga Belle Ramirez Alomar Thome Sexson vizquel Fryman
    I do! That was one hell of a lineup. He wasn't even full-blown weird at that point.

No just a machine. Nobody hit the ball to the opposite field power alley like manny

That was a great team. Good staff too. My fav mid 90s Cleveland moment was Mo Vaughn beating Albert for MVP!
    Decisions Decisions

No just a machine. Nobody hit the ball to the opposite field power alley like manny

That was a great team. Good staff too. My fav mid 90s Cleveland moment was Mo Vaughn beating Albert for MVP!
    They were actually talking about that MVP vote yesterday on sportstalk in connection with all the bullshit morality voters for the HoF. The only reason Albert didn't win that MVP was because he was a complete and total dick to the writers. That's it.

Those 90's Tribe teams were so much damn fun. Every spot in the lineup was a HR threat and every starter was nails. 455 straight sellouts at the Jake too made it a total party. Ah, the good ol days.

Mo Vaughn was the mvp in the eyes of every exotic dancer/somebody’s daughter in the city of Brockton and the state of Rhode Island.
    Decisions Decisions

Vaughn led the league in strikeouts and home runs way before it was the cool thing to do

Mo Vaughn was the mvp in the eyes of every exotic dancer/somebody’s daughter in the city of Brockton and the state of Rhode Island.
    Funny enough, Mo Vaughn is now a partner with the Indians and they can't get Albert back to retire his jersey because he's (a) still a raging asshole, and (b) pissed he didn't get a statute like Thome did.

I think Mo and Albert would have a lot in common if they ever sat down together.

No way. Belle was Tyson. Mo just a big loveable sex addict.
    Decisions Decisions

Well if they ever did they could have the meeting at Scores or somewhere similar.

Carlos Baerga: very underrated. Thoughts?
    Decisions Decisions

The Baerga who played for the mets fucking sucked and was definitely not underrated.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Carlos Baerga: very underrated. Thoughts?
    Very underrated. The man is a career .291 hitter and that's even with those slop years in a Mets (and other) uniforms.

Danno, this quote from Carlos says about all you need to know of the Mets during that time:

“In ‘96 after I got traded to the Mets I realized that my life was going down,” Carlos says. “I thought that I was never going to be traded. We just came back from the World Series with the Cleveland Indians.”

And that's at the peak of his drinking and philandering.

washed up at 27, lol.

Joplin. Morrison. Winehouse. Baerga.
    Decisions Decisions

Joplin. Morrison. Winehouse. Baerga.
    Someone edit the Wikipage for the 27 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I think players who used PEDs in that era should get a pass since it was so rampant.

I get that numbers are inflated a bit, but Manny, Bonds, McGwyer et al were still the nest of their era.

I think the white players of the pre-integration league had a bigger advantage with many of the beat players in the Negro League instead. MFers hitting AAA pitching with Satchel Page out there.

Cubs sign Kyle Schwarber with a better glove, Joc Pederson. He was fun as a Dodger, but dont let that HR derby performance in 19 fool you, he only hits right handed pitching.

Arenado +$50M to the Cardinals? Huh?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

https://nypost.com/2021/01/29/rockie...the-cardinals/

Shit, Cards are just a historically well run baseball organization.

I'm neither for or against either team but dear lord, there must be more than those prospects involved. And why are there reports the Rockies are paying the Cardinals $50M to take their star player, and likely future hall of famer, off their hands???
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."