Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just realized that today’s win was Tito’s 700th in a Tribe uniform.

The man is an absolute treasure.
    I think he goes to the HOF as a Red Sox...as the manager who broke the curse 🤟

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I think he goes to the HOF as a Red Sox...as the manager who broke the curse ��
    He will. But no other manager in baseball (I believe - the stat was quickly on the screen) has won more games since he joined the Tribe. I think the window is closed now, but if He figures out how to break the Tribe curse (longest in baseball) then it’s a tossup. ��
    I still call it The Jake.

Voit and Stanton are out and half of the rest of the team is under the Mendoza line. This is not an offensive juggernaut yet.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

He will. But no other manager in baseball (I believe - the stat was quickly on the screen) has won more games since he joined the Tribe. I think the window is closed now, but if He figures out how to break the Tribe curse (longest in baseball) then it’s a tossup. ��
    I think that’s correct, yes. He’s done an amazing job there.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I barely recognize the Mets lineup these days, since everyone is on the DL. Everyone, that is, except their awesome new shortstop, Francisco Lindor!

His stats through 42 games and 154 at bats: .182 avg, .289 OBP, .266 SLG (.555 OPS). 3 HRs, 9 RBIs, 19 Rs.

He must be doing well with the glove, though, because ESPN has him listed as a net positive WAR.
    One of the stupidest and least meaningful stats in baseball, and that right there proves it. And somehow they sweep the doubleheader today and are up 2.5 games in first. Being a long time Mets fan I am half expecting them to get all of their players back and play like shit after that.

What is wrong with WAR? He's at .2 right now for a quarter season. Multiply by 4 and you get right in the sweet spot of that 0-2 range for replacement level, which is exactly what everyone is complaining about.

Yeah, when you consider that a replacement level player is a very poor batter (not as poor as he has been doing, but still pretty poor), and that he has actually done well with the glove, the slight positive WAR isn't evidence that the stat is terrible.

It is, however, evidence that Lindor is not playing up to the level of his contract (understatement).

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Being a long time Mets fan I am half expecting them to get all of their players back and play like shit after that.
    Proof that you are a long time Mets fan, lol. I have had the same thought.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

WS MVP Seager gets Hurt, we just move Lux to SS and he goes 364/.417/.636 for a 189 wRC+

Better D too.

Both home grown players

It pretty much has to be the dumbest ever. He's treating the batter as if he is caught in a run down. I mean, this guy (while a rookie) is playing 1B in the major leagues. Is he new to baseball? New to playing 1B? How could he do that? Step on the bag and it's done. Chase hard after the runner and it's done. But instead we get this hilariously bad BS?
    Obviously Baez turning around completely befuddled the Bucs first baseman, but his instinct should have still told him to step on the bag.

I've got to admit I never even realized it was legal for a baserunner to turn around between home and first, but I guess it's not in the rule book.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Obviously Baez turning around completely befuddled the Bucs first baseman, but his instinct should have still told him to step on the bag.

I've got to admit I never even realized it was legal for a baserunner to turn around between home and first, but I guess it's not in the rule book.
    Not only that, but there were 2 outs. The runner coming home was completely irrelevant. He could have let the guy cross the plate and tagged Baez out and the inning is over. If the 2B had covered first and Baez got thrown out there, the run wouldn't have counted either. There are so many ways it was so monumentally stupid, it is mind bottling.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

...mind bottling.
    Blades of glory...yes!
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Not only that, but there were 2 outs. The runner coming home was completely irrelevant. He could have let the guy cross the plate and tagged Baez out and the inning is over. If the 2B had covered first and Baez got thrown out there, the run wouldn't have counted either. There are so many ways it was so monumentally stupid, it is mind bottling.
    Baez seems to bottle a lot of minds with his off the wall defense and base running. I love watching him play (yea I’m a Cubs homer). He plays with some serious child like joy. And yea that was a whole lot of stupid on the defensive end. I am pretty sure nobody on that field has ever seen anyone try to start a run down between hole and 1st before.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210529_211930 (1).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	468.7 KB 
ID:	375973

I never knew,

Marcell Ozuna has a career ending incident:

Atlanta Braves outfielder Marcell Ozuna was arrested Saturday and charged with felony assault after he choked his wife and threw her against a wall, according to Sandy Springs, Georgia, police who said they witnessed the incident.

Police charged the 30-year-old Ozuna, who is being held in Fulton County jail, with aggravated assault by strangulation -- a felony that carries a minimum of three years and maximum of 20 years in prison -- and misdemeanor battery.

The details of the alleged assault put into question Ozuna's future in baseball, with sources telling ESPN that Major League Baseball will launch an investigation that could result in a significant suspension. Further, sources said, the police's reported witnessing of the incident could prompt the Braves to attempt to convert Ozuna's four-year, $65 million contract to non-guaranteed.
    At 12:26 p.m. Saturday, Sandy Springs police responded to a 911 call and entered Ozuna's home after hearing screaming inside, according to the department's account of the incident. Officers, the release said, "witnessed the suspect grabbing the victim by the neck and throwing her against a wall. ... In addition to the strangulation attempts, the suspect also struck the victim with his arm which had a cast from a previous injury."
    No way MLB will put up with that. Not a fucking chance the Braves org. will keep him.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Marcell Ozuna has a career ending incident:

No way MLB will put up with that. Not a fucking chance the Braves org. will keep him.
    I wish you were right, but there are plenty of other wife beaters and drunk drivers drawing a paycheck in MLB.

My money is on a 50 game suspension, a statement from his agent saying he's going to therapy, and he gets at least an invitation to spring training next year.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Maybe so but it won't be playing in Atlanta. I think there might have been a bit of buyers remorse in that 65 million dollar contract already.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The assault was witnessed by police. So even if his wife decides to not testify, he's still getting convicted. I won't say his career is over, but I think it's more than a 50 game suspension, not to mention prison time.

So we're just not gonna talk about how the Yankees went into Detroit and got swept by the Motor City Kitties?
    I still call it The Jake.

So we're just not gonna talk about how the Yankees went into Detroit and got swept by the Motor City Kitties?
    Let’s discuss and unpack! Yankees suck Yankees suck!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Let’s discuss and unpack! Yankees suck Yankees suck!
    Enjoy it while you can. Unfortunately for us Stankee haters there is just too much firepower in that lineup and it is just a matter of time before they start to click, and when they do there will be a lot of wins with that pitching staff and bullpen.

Yankee Hitting coach will be first to go....they interviewed him tonight (first time I’ve seen a hitting coach interviewed).....that is the first sign of trouble....if someone goes, he’ll be the first.

cashman has to go. there’s a 1b that can swing a bat in AAA and he gives how many plate appearances to washed up jay bruce? odor? i mean no one could predict that every wheel could fall off at the same time but some of the decisions they are making are indefensible.

Frazier with the walk off. This offense has to get started sometime, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    cashman has to go. there’s a 1b that can swing a bat in AAA and he gives how many plate appearances to washed up jay bruce? odor? i mean no one could predict that every wheel could fall off at the same time but some of the decisions they are making are indefensible.
    Jay Bruce could hit .500 if could simply poke the ball to the left side of the infield. He is dead pull and the shift takes away a ton of hits. Wait, you could say that about a lot of hitters nowadays. I would be drooling coming up with a defense playing like that back in the day, but yeah a little bit different in the majors.