Well-Appointed Funk Nano Titanium Road Bike: 57cm, Chris King

Up for sale is one of my prized bikes. Below are all the details. Message, call, or text if you have questions. I am located in Los Alamos, NM. Willing to ship or meet within reason as needed. (five-oh-three) 544-94sex8

Additional photos available here: https://imgur.com/a/NJ678xP

Weight as pictured: 15.2 pounds (w/ seat post, seat, no pedals).

FRAMESET
    Frameset is a FUNK CYCLES NANO custom built compact titanium frameset with Easton EC90 Superlite carbon fork and stays. It has an effective top tube length of 57.5 cm. Full geometry below. As you can see from the pictures, this frameset and fork are in pristine condition, and you would have a hard time finding any blemishes on this frame (very minor wear mark from road debris on fork and seat/chain stay arch, minor cosmetic marks at clamp area for front derailleur, etc). This bike has been babied, meticulously maintained, and immaculately cared for it's whole life. It's hard to let it go, but I need to reallocate funds to other interests.

I'm sure you have heard of Funk frames, but if you haven't, then do some research on Google. Funk bikes have an understandable cult following, and are long sought after - similar but even more difficult to find than Moots, Seven, TiCycles, and Litespeed. Quality and craftsmanship are top of the line — note the perfect welds and attention to detail, not to mention the buttery smooth yet extremely stiff ride qualities. These frames are hand crafted in Colorado.

For a bit of history on Funk Cycles, back in the 90's Daryl Funk's signature creation was a mountain-bike frame that was tig-welded from over-sized Easton aluminum tubing. At a time when most of the industry still built with steel in narrow tube-diameters, the Funk frame had monstrous 2-inch diameter tubing to create a much stiffer and lighter platform. The bike had elevated chainstays and a shorter rear-end for more tire clearance, and a sharper, more nimble ride. This style of bike, and the performance it provided fast became all-the-rage: during its heyday in the early-'90s, Funk Cycles was hand-building over 100 frames per month. The bikes were primarily for sale in Europe (under the Scott brand) and to the high-end crowd in the USA. Nowadays, Funk Cycles builds road, cross and mountain bikes, and is still hand crafting their frames in small batches in Colorado primarily with oversize titanium tubing. If you ever get the chance to own or even ride a FUNK, do it!

Frame retailed for $2,995 when new.

FRAMESET GEOMETRY
    EFFECTIVE TOP TUBE 57.5CM
    TOP TUBE C-C 56CM
    HEADTUBE 16CM
    SEAT TUBE 54CM C-T
    HEAD AND SEAT ANGLE 73 DEGREES
    Frameset uses clamp on front derailleur, thread on bottom bracket, 700c wheels, and 27.2 seatpost.

Frame only weighs approx 2.25 lbs
    Frame, fork and headset weighs approx 3.4 lbs

COMPONENT DETAILS
    The frame is currently build as 1x10. This is being sold as a complete bike, and I am not interested on separating the frame from components. Below are details of the components.

Stans ZTR Alpha 700c Wheels (0 miles on new Michelin Pro4 tires, front and rear)
    + Chris King Hubs, R45 Front and Rear
    + Chris King Headset
    + Salsa Skewers and Seat Post Clamp
    + SRAM Force Brakeset (new, 0 miles)
    + SRAM Red Shifters
    + SRAM Red Rear Derailleur w/ Ceramic Bearings
    + SRAM Red 11-26 Cassette
    + SRAM Red GXP Ceramic Bottom Bracket (new, 0 miles)
    + Absolute Black Oval CX 48T Direct-Mount Chainring (new, 0 miles)
    + Shimano Ultegra Chain (new, 0 miles)
    + SRAM Quarq GXP Exogram Carbon Crank Arms, 172.5mm
    + Thomson Elite X4 Stem (100mm, 0 degree)
    + Thomson Katie Compton Cyclocross Carbon Handlebars (42cm? Would have to measure or remove bar tape to see)
    + Easton EC70 Seatpost (0 degree)

Unless indicated as new, everything is either nearly new or in great condition.
    The saddle is the only well-used component. It’s a Fizik Arione that has seen some miles. Included since I don’t have another bike to put it on.

Overall this is an astonishing bicycle. It’s a dream to ride. Buttery smooth, stiff, yet compliant.

I am asking $3,000 or best reasonable offer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0921.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	356787

Name:	IMG_0922.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	356788

Name:	IMG_0926.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	356789

(Despite the upside-down photo, the bike is not located in Australia. Not sure what happened to the photos when uploading.)