Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    this is a joke, right?
    Depending on how long it had been running without the cotter pin (most likely since they did summer maintenance). It may have been going round and round for months, that’s a bit long for it to go unnoticed. Yes I realize small areas don’t hold the highest standard of care, or hire what you may call “professionals” but come on, this is kinda below bare minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    I believe they’re saying that the cotter pin that holds the hanger to the clip was missing. So the clip stayed in the rope, and the chair just slid right off. Pretty sad that they missed a cotter pin, even if it wasn’t installed you would think you would notice on one of the daily chair inspections.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Every time a get on a chair with a clip, I look at it...

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    this is a joke, right?
    Well done.

Aaaaaaaand they are dropping like flies, literally.
    This time a 5 year old child at ski sundown, looks like he just broke an arm though.

https://theskireports.com

What the hell kind of web site is that? Nothing but death and injury. I'm afraid to look at the gear reviews. Embalming kits? Prosthetic limbs? Breath operated power wheelchairs?

I've seen a riblet fall off the rope. Lifty shoved it out of the way, and it popped right out, clip and all, leaving bare rope. Keep saying I'll never ride one again, but then again those old chairs often lead to tasty pow so I forget. I have never ridden that particular riblet again.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I've seen a riblet fall off the rope. Lifty shoved it out of the way, and it popped right out, clip and all, leaving bare rope. Keep saying I'll never ride one again, but then again those old chairs often lead to tasty pow so I forget. I have never ridden that particular riblet again.
    that's some scary shiz. i ride chair 1 at 49 a few times a week and the thought always runs through my head as I'm going up.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    What the hell kind of web site is that? Nothing but death and injury. I'm afraid to look at the gear reviews. Embalming kits? Prosthetic limbs? Breath operated power wheelchairs?
    I'm not sure if I've even made it to the gear reviews on their before, I'm rather fascinated by some of the crap posted on there.

And holy shit, look, someone else fell off the lift. Another child too. Hold on tight to those kids folks. I hope they are OK.

https://theskireports.com

Kids fall out of lifts all the time. Its isn't really very newsworthy.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"