Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can anyone explain WTH is going on @ Mammoth?!

So.... Cali Stay At Home order in place, but open, but can’t book anything & thus my Ikon (con artist) pass is useless?!

Am I misreading this?

Yes you have been hood winked, hornswoggled and flim flammed.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I hear a beat up RV parked on the side of the road is all the rage down that way. Lots of lonely roads. Just stay away from Telecom buildings
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

How is your ikon pass useless? It provides lift access to the mountain, not lodging. Maybe you misread.
    Hint: It's a hint.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

were you not aware of the pandemic when you bought the pass? were the rules not explained clearly enough for you? i have a hard time wrapping my head around what the fuck you're complaining about.

Second home owners and people with long term leases (ski leases) are not regulated by the order. You can't book anything short term.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Second home owners and people with long term leases (ski leases) are not regulated by the order. You can't book anything short term.
    Good. It should be like this everywhere right now.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Good. It should be like this everywhere right now.
    There is a hotline for people in Mammoth to turn in landlords renting in the short term. Supposedly they (the landlords) can be hit with a 1000 per night fine. I don't know if they are actually handing out the fines, but that is the threat.

If anyone is interested here is a description:

https://webapps.mono.ca.gov/COVIDDoc..._12-6-2020.pdf

Second home owners are allowed to go up if they have essential things to do at their home/condo, but in reality they really can't enforce that, so someone who owns a second home can go up.

The owner of our ski lease spoke to someone with the town of Mammoth Lakes. The guy said that while there is a stay at home order, the town can't enforce it on long term leases, they are only targeting short term stuff.

My guess is that going after second home owners and long term agreements would be too tough. I would also guess that there are not THAT many ski leases in Mammoth. During my Tahoe ski bum years it seemed like the ski lease thing was very common up there. There are plenty of them in Mammoth too, but it does not seem like there are quite as many. I don't know if Tahoe has changed, I left 16 years ago. Finding a Mammoth ski lease group was not easy, although we have a good one going now, and we have had the same lease going for 12 years, although my wife and I are the only original members.

I don't know how Tahoe is handling all of this.

This has been discussed in the Mammoth thread.

The mountain remains open.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Begs the question, you bust a femur skiing, where ya' going to go? Method of transport?

head out to scummit colorado we open for business you can use your icon pass short term rent ride the bus lick the bus seats and be elbow to elbow in city market plus resturants are open and feeding people heard one resturant owner was so happy this weekend to be open that is was coke on the bar and shots till 3am shits getting back to normal and we attempting to find out how many strains of the flu we can get in one place kinda like whatever vd that gets passed around town by early april its uncontrolable the economy and metal health spirits are winning here you should be two

I just read the Mask Violation Policy, damn they are strict!!
    https://www.mammothmountain.com/covid

Those resistant to education...

Quote Originally Posted by fantastic_damage View Post
    I just read the Mask Violation Policy, damn they are strict!!
    https://www.mammothmountain.com/covid
    I was at mammoth a for a few days before it turned illegal and even more frowned upon. They had the strictest enforcement I've seen so far this year, and it worked well. They're doing it right IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    head out to scummit colorado we open for business you can use your icon pass short term rent ride the bus lick the bus seats and be elbow to elbow in city market plus resturants are open and feeding people heard one resturant owner was so happy this weekend to be open that is was coke on the bar and shots till 3am shits getting back to normal and we attempting to find out how many strains of the flu we can get in one place kinda like whatever vd that gets passed around town by early april its uncontrolable the economy and metal health spirits are winning here you should be two
    run on sentences and loss of taste and smell are both early signs ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    I don't know how Tahoe is handling all of this.
    If you’re talking about enforcement, it sure as hell doesn’t feel like anything is being enforced. STRs are supposed to be shut off, but there have been way too many people up here for it to just be locals, 2nd homeowners, and ski lease renters.

The stay at home order says that second homeowners can stay in their second home but not travel back and forth between the both houses. The same applies to ski leases technically--I believe the wording is along the lines of "continuously occupied". But unless the order is backed up by a local ordinance with penalties --like there are in Truckee for STRs-- there is no meaningful enforcement. (In Truckee a violation of the STR and noise ordinances can be enforced against a property that is STR part of the time, even if the violation occurs when the property is owner occupied or rented longer than a month--like a ski lease.)

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Begs the question, you bust a femur skiing, where ya' going to go? Method of transport?
    If it happened on Mammoth Mtn, initially your going to go to Mammoth Hospital. If a higher degree of care is required Reno is a common destination. Method of transportation to Mammoth Hospital would be Mono County EMS. A priority visit to Renown Regional Medical Center (Reno) is a Care Flight. Can get a little spendy $$$.

Begs the question, just curious or are you planning on throwing down during your next trip?

Yeah yeah. It's a threat. No one is staying home. Not Mammoth, Truckee etc. Does anyone here have a legit story of a fine for STR? I'm not stoked but I get it. Let's just get out in the b/c. Pity the pass purchase fools who complain about resorts this year.

Sometimez I reeds gooder; sumtizes less

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    How is your ikon pass useless? It provides lift access to the mountain, not lodging. Maybe you misread.
    Hint: It's a hint.
    My definition of “open” is apparently different than the Alterra legal squad:

•Cali open, just not possible

•Canukastain open, with 750,000 Pesos fine & 6 months in jail for sneaking past border

• Stratton, K/Pico, Sugarbush open, but not making any snow...... can anybody recall Superstar being in skiable in January?!

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    I was at mammoth a for a few days before it turned illegal and even more frowned upon. They had the strictest enforcement I've seen so far this year, and it worked well. They're doing it right IMO.
    Same with me.

They were very tough on the mask thing. I was happy to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

•Cali open, just not possible

•Canukastain open, with 750,000 Pesos fine & 6 months in jail for sneaking past border

• Stratton, K/Pico, Sugarbush open, but not making any snow...... can anybody recall Superstar being in skiable in January?!
    I am pretty sure most places are "stay at home" at this point in time, so while no one is happy about not being able to ski, at least you can roll your pass into next seasons if never used, which looks like the way it will be going for me. Shit happens, but hopefully you will live through this.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I don’t think the resorts are to blame for those restrictions.....
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

Sugarbush open, but not making any snow......
    Don't know about Flatton but the bush has been blowing when they can, hot rain and poor wet bulb conditions haven't helped. They have been blowing on three of the last 8 trails that aren't covered this week. K has worked their way to Bear to open the lodge and spread folks out, currently blowing Middle Superstar.

Looks like plenty of skiing to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210104_165554.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	356389
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Honestly don’t get this. You bought a pass during a pandemic, live in Vermont and are complaining that you can’t ski in California or Canada. Not going to bother searching, but seem to remember you complaining about people coming to Vermont