Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Smart/gps watch

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Yep, has ski touring function and maps. It has the same function as the beefier hiking watches but designed for triathlons and plastic frame so way lighter.
    This, an unassuming design you can wear day to day too. Ive had multiple forerunners, never had any issues. My 945 is almost 4 years old, daily use without a hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    This, an unassuming design you can wear day to day too. Ive had multiple forerunners, never had any issues. My 945 is almost 4 years old, daily use without a hiccup.
    Are the skitouring functions installed by default or you need to install those? Are those exactly like for the Instinct which seems more towards mountaineering?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I have an older Forerunner 935 I'm selling. Still gets ~10 days on a charge. Light weight so you don't really notice it. Has lots of great function. Only selling since I bought a 955.
    May I ask why you are replacing it? What are the functions that you are missing? Sorry if silly questions, but I never used any of these watches.

Quote Originally Posted by lorcar View Post
    May I ask why you are replacing it? What are the functions that you are missing? Sorry if silly questions, but I never used any of these watches.

Main reason was the addition of music which was added to the 945. I hate running with a phone and my old mp3 player was dying.

I got a great deal on a price mistake, so jumped on the 955 Solar. They just came out with a 965 with AMOLED screen, but this is fine. Other than music, there's nothing I use on the 955 that wasn't on the 935.

Well the Afib function on the Apple Watch really does work. My dad’s watch and phone went off last night telling him he was in Afib. It startled him as he felt completely fine and this was never an issue in the past. He triggered the test a few more times and same thing. Took a ride to the ER, got treatment (shot to I guess reset the heart?) and is fine now. He never felt bad and wouldn’t have known it was happening, but his watch may have saved his life.

Are the skitouring functions installed by default or you need to install those? Are those exactly like for the Instinct which seems more towards mountaineering?

I don't remember, but it's trivial to add sport functions using the Garmin app.

Which Garmin model did you use? Besides the battery life, how does it compare for skitouring and running?
    I am asking simply because everyone speak about the Garmin

I had an old Vicoactive so it doesn’t compare feature wise. Coros Apex and above have a wide range of activities to choose from, ski touring is one of them. Pretty neat feature how it counts laps and vert without any fuss.