Places to camp (trailer) in Moab?

I'm putting together a desert riding trip in Moab with a few buddies and am starting to look (late, I'm sure) for campgrounds/RV parks in and around Moab at the beginning of April. None of us has ridden much there and I'm looking for a spot to park a 27' travel trailer that is relatively central. I don't necessarily mind a KOA-style RV park, but if there is anything with a little better scenery or ability to ride from the RV park to some trails, I think we'd all prefer that. There are a ton of RV parks/campgrounds on the Google, just not sure which are worth looking at?

We could definitely live without electricity and water hookups but the concept of a shower at the end of a long day of riding is appealing.

Seth

The one we've used the most is the Moab Rim Campark, South end of town. Close to the KOA. Nice shade, inexpensive, and they welcomed/ tolerated our giant group of mountain bikers. Reasonably close to sand flats and Slickrock bike trail, and Moab brewery.

At the far north end, outside of town, is Aarchway. Stayed once, it was fine, but windy - not much protection. Close to the Mag 7 trails just north of town, and on the way to Island in the Sky.

Slickrock RV park was bad. Unless you are there for Jeeping and want to weld in the middle of the night without any hassle from management, in which case, go there.

Try to not go at the same time as any motorized events - Jeeps, side by sides, whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

most trails in Moab you have to drive to (or best to shuttle anyways)

not much for ride from your door, no matter where the door is.

Thanks. Was looking at Slickrock RV - glad to get the beta before I booked.

Easter jeep safari is the big one(covid withstanding) but there are motorized events all the time. It is moab. I like seeing all the cool rigs and we usually combine some 4wheeling to compliment the mtn biking. I got no advice other than there are tons of places to park a big trailer that aren't RV parks but we're usually just sleeping in a 4runner.

Also the obligatory "moab was cool like 15yrs ago..."

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    most trails in Moab you have to drive to (or best to shuttle anyways)

not much for ride from your door, no matter where the door is.
    My first time in Moab, we rode to everything but Sovereign and Porcupine (water tanks). I had fun because I didn’t know any better.

There are a ton of better options out there than staying in an RV park if you don't need hookups.

Boondocking is pretty easy, even with a large trailer. Just don't show up on Friday/Saturday night.