Thread: Sedona Question

Sedona Question

Hello, folks. Happy New Year.

I am planning on riding Sedona on Monday, and was wondering if it is possible to park in the Crescent Moon day use area on the north side of Oak Creek, and cross the creek to access the trails on the south side (Templeton, etc)?

Sorry, my geographic knowledge of Sedona is limited, and I would like to know if this is a viable plan before I drive up from Phoenix.

Thanks!
    Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMatt View Post
    Hello, folks. Happy New Year.

I am planning on riding Sedona on Monday, and was wondering if it is possible to park in the Crescent Moon day use area on the north side of Oak Creek, and cross the creek to access the trails on the south side (Templeton, etc)?

Sorry, my geographic knowledge of Sedona is limited, and I would like to know if this is a viable plan before I drive up from Phoenix.

Thanks!
    You certainly could. Its definitely a shoes off kind of crossing and could be anywhwere from ankle to crotch deep depending on water levels. I've done or many times while staying on that side of creek and ending a big ride from the place with Hiline. If you're driving to a trailhead, there are better options from the Hogs or Slim Shady.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Hmmm.....shoes off crossing may not be the best idea for January. I wanted to hit Templeton to Slim Shady to Highline so I could return to the car in a downhill fashion ... maybe I should just start at the Cathedral Rock trailhead?
    Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all.

You could do that. I would recommend doing a lollipop from the bike and bean starting and ending on slim shady. Pizza and a pint at famous for extra credit. Lots of great riding in town and all pretty connectable.

Thanks, great advice!