Thread: Search Question

Search Question

I'm logged in, thinking about posting something, possibly in a new thread, but wanted to check what's out there first. In Advanced Search...

Name:  TGR Search 1.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  96.4 KB

Whether I toggle on "All Types" in "Search Types" or not these are the results...

Name:  TGR Search 2.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  110.3 KB

However, there's an existing thread in The Padded Room named "Covid Roll Call!", but it didn't show up in my search results.

Am I missing something? Operator error? Bug?

it's a feature. turns out, the search function just sucks.....

1. use the app. much better search.

2. pop this into google:
    site: tetongravity.com *SEARCH-TERMS-HERE*

Interesting. I would think the web interface would have a stronger back end, but guess not. Don't use the app, but maybe that needs to change.

The Google site: searching approach is something I do often use, but in this case I'm trying to limit it to thread titles, so...

Anyway, thx for the replies. Appreciate that.

I don't know why you got what you got. But I choose "search single content type" not multiple. Search posts, titles only, "covid", all open forums, and got a long list with the "covid roll call" being one of them.

The search actually doesn't suck IMO, it's just very confusing and most people don't know how to use it. But if used correctly, it seems to return correct answers, at least for me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Plenty of covid threads when searching with the app.. like 50+

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210102-130803.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	355945

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't know why you got what you got. But I choose "search single content type" not multiple. Search posts, titles only, "covid", all open forums, and got a long list with the "covid roll call" being one of them.
    Seems like this should do it, but it doesn't. (I get the same list of three results.)

Name:  TGR Search 1.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  115.4 KB

Clicking on "Search Single Content Type" (top left) to select it in the first Advanced Search window gets you here, where you can insure the various things Danno suggested are selected, and that does work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TGR Search 2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	355952

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The search actually doesn't suck IMO, it's just very confusing and most people don't know how to use it. But if used correctly, it seems to return correct answers, at least for me.
    It is a little confusing, and the fact that others didn't recognize immediately that I was in the "wrong" interface when I executed my search leads me to believe I'm not alone in feeling that way.

(BTW, is there a help page or writeup available anywhere on how to use the various search options?)

Anyway, now I've been enlightened - so thx mucho for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    It is a little confusing, and the fact that others didn't recognize immediately that I was in the "wrong" interface when I executed my search leads me to believe I'm not alone in feeling that way.

(BTW, is there a help page or writeup available anywhere on how to use the various search options?)

Anyway, now I've been enlightened - so thx mucho for the info!
    It is ridiculously confusing. And yeah, it's practically a TGR meme that the search sucks so you're not close to alone in thinking it sucks. No help page or writeup that I know of, just my experience of trial and error. And no idea why the "multiple content types" search doesn't work, but the single content does. That would be an example of why the search function sucks.

But many think it simply doesn't work, but it can be made to work, as you discovered. Glad I could help!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

SOIKEOBONG

O hai! I’m here to spam ur threadz, but I can’t because I got PERMANENTLY BANNED by the mod team.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 08-22-2021 at 09:10 AM.

SOIKEOBONG is a website that helps Italian football fans to find the fastest and most accurate online football bets. With

Google translate ftw

Betting site bots need to post more tits.