Feeler: ISO carbon gravel wheelset

Over the past few years I've switched to riding carbon wheels on my mountain bikes and feel that this is one of the best upgrades that I could make to any bike. I'd like to upgrade the wheels on my gravel bike and wondered if anybody has anything for sale? Looking for:

12x100 front
    12z142 read
    XD compatible (I'm okay with swapping as long as it's possible)
    ~35mm depth
    18-21 inner width
    Disc brake
    Decent hubs (DT350 or similar)
    24 spokes at minimum

I have a set of aluminum roval slx 24s if anybody wants to trade or buy a nice set of aluminum wheels. Straight and true.

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    not sure what your budget is, but I highly recommend Cascadia Wheels (formerly Indigenous Wheel co) out of Tacoma WA, but they ship. about $1200 gets you a sweet hand built carbon wheelset to your specs. Joey and Kelsey do great work. I roll two sets of their wheels.
    https://www.cascadiawheelco.com/
    Last edited by chaka; 12-31-2020 at 06:40 PM. Reason: updated for correct pricing

Hunt wheels get good reviews.

If looking for new I would also suggest/recommend looking at Light Bicycle. I bought the AR56 disc wheels for just under $850. They get very good reviews on the bike forums I've been on.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Hunt wheels get good reviews.
    I was trying to find hunt again the other day but the website was down or they went out of business?

Whoops. Meant Dirt Components. Hunt is not out of business.

If you're not going to spend $2500 on the highest end Enve or Roval, just get Chinese wheels straight from the manufacturer instead of through a middleman like Hunt. It will save you $200-400.

Light Bicycle, BTLOS, Farsports (Wheelsfar), Winspace, etc. Farsports has an especially attractive rim that they call 30/30 IIRC.

Oh, and 23-25 mm IW is all the rage and will be better for tires 35-45mm wide. If you're running road tires or really narrow gravel tires I guess you might still want 18-22mm.

I just recently put out the same call as you and came up empty for used wheels. I don't think people are selling their carbon gravel wheels much.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I just finished a CX bike build for a pro rider, their team bike came stock with Renyolds Assault DB LE (TL, 24 spoke, 41mm tall, 21mm internal, +/-1600g, XD compatible).
    They mentioned they have training wheels and race wheels I need to set up for this bike.
    If these are going to be sold, I'll list them up on here.

Thanks DH!

Still looking, but had a question for the collective. While 20+ mm internal width rims may work best for a 40cc tire, how bad would a 17mm rim be? My mountain bikes in the past have run 2.1" tires with similar IW rims and nobody died. That said, I know that tires are designed a bit differently today. If every other box was checked except the internal width, I'm tempted to go for it. Am I nuts?

Nevermind. Found a pair of Reynolds' with 21mm internal width.