Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Jealous! Wasn’t in the cards for me this year, but maybe next year for my birthday (Halloween).
    How were accommodations? Need a sober roomie?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Jealous! Wasn’t in the cards for me this year, but maybe next year for my birthday (Halloween).
    How were accommodations? Need a sober roomie?
    I was lucky to be down there with another sober buddy and our two other roomies in the bunkhouse were super chill dudes from Bentonville, AR.

It was double occupancy in the hotel on nights 1 and 5 and nights 2,3,4 were in these cabins/bunk houses up in the mountains. The hotel was pretty nice. The bunkhouse deal was pretty rustic, but it didn't matter cause we were smoked at night after racing. Some big ass tarantulas down there though!!

You should sign up for next year!

It’s on ‘the list’.
    I’ll look, but do you know if masters is 40+ for all ages above that?
    (I would be more into it for the adventure, but it would be nice to not get totally shelled!)

It’s on ‘the list’.
    I’ll look, but do you know if masters is 40+ for all ages above that?
    (I would be more into it for the adventure, but it would be nice to not get totally shelled!)
    I'm pretty certain Masters was 40+ and some of those dudes are stupid fast. You would certainly be competitive in that class though. Shit you would do alright in Open too.

Thanks!
    I think I'm in, have to run it by the boss, though.

TSN is an experience. Glad It went well. How was the food?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    TSN is an experience. Glad It went well. How was the food?
    We had a couple nights in the city to walk around. We tried to get a table at Casa Oaxaca and couldn't, but got a table at Pitonia and it was fucking insane. https://pitiona.com/

Next trip we need to find the real hole in the wall places that are super authentic. The food at the race was pretty good, especially the local style BBQ the first night. Being gluten free was somewhat of a struggle. Only myself and one other racer (Sarah who was 3rd in pro women) were gluten free. We had to kinda bug them to make anything gluten free and/or GF and veggie in her case. Also there wasn't much to drink besides beer and mezcal (and water obviously)......I'm just bringing my own cases of seltzers up the mountain with me next time.

GF and sober at that race? I thought it was hard enough being vegetarian and an alcoholic.

Nice work, Whiteroom. Got pics?

WG, how many trails are there, and are they open for regular use? (Some moto trails I've been on in MX are on private land and only open for events.) I love Oaxaca and would love to go back with bikes... Does it seem like a place one could just rock up to and enjoy? (I speak excellent Spanish, FWIW.)
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

My Spanish is fairly OK as well. I just paid for my 2022 entry, HMFBD to me!

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    WG, how many trails are there, and are they open for regular use? (Some moto trails I've been on in MX are on private land and only open for events.) I love Oaxaca and would love to go back with bikes... Does it seem like a place one could just rock up to and enjoy? (I speak excellent Spanish, FWIW.)
    There are dozens of trails. The race promoters give money to the local villagers to utilize the trails. It isn't a free for all. The promoters serve as guides when they aren't putting on the race. Contact them.

Quick batch of un-edited photos. I didn't take many. Will link some riding photos when the photogs upload to the intertubes.

https://imgur.com/a/7mmTdm5

I realize it’s bike racing 2022, but I just got into Trans Madeira for next year. So stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I realize it’s bike racing 2022, but I just got into Trans Madeira for next year. So stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm fucking jealous. The whole Trans Madeira crew was at TSN this year. Those dudes go HARD. Bring a spare liver for Madeira. Not sure how those guys go like that and ride so damn fast.

Anyone think Andes Pacifico will happen again? Nothing about 2022 on the website or IG.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

Next trip we need to find the real hole in the wall places that are super authentic.
    The lunch counters in the market serving menudo and mole are awesome hole in the wall places. No Lechoncito de Oro taco stand I take it? I wonder if they’re still around.

Nice work WRG - that TSN sounds super legit.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    The lunch counters in the market serving menudo and mole are awesome hole in the wall places. No Lechoncito de Oro taco stand I take it? I wonder if they’re still around.
    We didn't even have a chance to get into the main market which I know is insane. Many of the racers were there for 10+ days and I see why. I need to go back ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    We didn't even have a chance to get into the main market which I know is insane. Many of the racers were there for 10+ days and I see why. I need to go back ASAP.
    For sure. The best menudo I've ever had was in the market. And then the pan de muerto with hot chocolate to dip it in....

Is this the same group that runs the TSN?: https://oaxacabikeexpeditions.com/2020tour/

Wife and I are already talking about going back in 2022 but I'm not really interested in racing, but a few casual days riding would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    For sure. The best menudo I've ever had was in the market. And then the pan de muerto with hot chocolate to dip it in....

Is this the same group that runs the TSN?: https://oaxacabikeexpeditions.com/2020tour/

Wife and I are already talking about going back in 2022 but I'm not really interested in racing, but a few casual days riding would be great.
    Different outfit.

Alvy (the dude who helps run all the BME races) and his crew put on the race and do "The Ride" :

https://www.transierranortetheride.c...a-testimonials

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Interesting, I am also thinking about doing the Jackson Hole Rendezvous event if they host it again in ‘22…

OBE is a good outfit. Alvaro can be a bit much for some people..he is pretty full throttle if that is your thing

Interesting, I am also thinking about doing the Jackson Hole Rendezvous event if they host it again in ‘22…
    Odds are good.

Sweet, you gonna try and attend?
    Would love to do some pass laps witchya!