Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Anybody doing Mammoth Bar (Auburn, CA) Cal Enduro Series? Would love to link-up with any mags racing - none of my meatspace friends are dumb enough to race Auburn in July!!
    sproing!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Anybody doing Mammoth Bar (Auburn, CA) Cal Enduro Series? Would love to link-up with any mags racing - none of my meatspace friends are dumb enough to race Auburn in July!!
    I'll be at Ashland if you are going to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'll be at Ashland if you are going to that one.
    Word - missed ya there last year. My good buddies live here, but will miss it this year unfortunately. Made plans to camp on the backside of Downieville that weekend with the fam. Oh well - next year...
    sproing!

Word - missed ya there last year. My good buddies live here, but will miss it this year unfortunately. Made plans to camp on the backside of Downieville that weekend with the fam. Oh well - next year...
    Ah that's right. I'm terrible at meeting up with people at races.

Finished 4th Expert today at Big Sky MES. Fucking kids are fast. The three kids who beat me were 17/18 years old. I'm 37. I might podium when I am in masters in 3 years lol.

Yeah, bike racing is the fucking best.

One of the photogs got a cool shot of me in practice yesterday.

Name:  merevengelowres.jpeg
Views: 334
Size:  225.6 KB

Solid!!!

Finished 4th Expert today at Big Sky MES. Fucking kids are fast. The three kids who beat me were 17/18 years old. I'm 37. I might podium when I am in masters in 3 years lol.

The kid who won expert raced with us for his first time in 2015. He was 11 on a department store bike. I don’t think they’ve missed an MES race since. He’s gotten legitimately fast in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    The kid who won expert raced with us for his first time in 2015. He was 11 on a department store bike. I don’t think they’ve missed an MES race since. He’s gotten legitimately fast in the last year.
    Tyler is a super nice kid and clearly getting really fast.

Great shot and congrats on the result!

That’s a really cool picture and makes me wish I had a orange yeti!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2021 Maggot Bike Racing Thread

Congrats, 4th might not be podium but finishing in the top 5 in expert class is impressive to say the least

Awesome WG, bikes are fun and they can go fast.

Come visit Maine next year for EWS. We’re stoked to be hosting

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Awesome WG, bikes are fun and they can go fast.

Come visit Maine next year for EWS. We’re stoked to be hosting

That would be rad. Looks like VT and then ME in the same week. If I can somehow get into those races I am there.

Damn WRG! Blazing fast, nicely done.

Just signed up for the Northstar Cal Enduro Series event. I bet it sells it but still some availability. Anybody racing my local stop?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

That would be rad. Looks like VT and then ME in the same week. If I can somehow get into those races I am there.
    I work at Sugarloaf, Adam Craig is up on the hill right now scratching tracks in for an EWS qualifier we're hosting on Sept 11th. It's gonna be a scrappy ride!

Damn WRG! Blazing fast, nicely done.

Just signed up for the Northstar Cal Enduro Series event. I bet it sells it but still some availability. Anybody racing my local stop?

I almost registered last night. A few spots left. I just don't want to totally burn out. 7 races this summer seems like enough. IDK.

I actually have some Vail comps good for Northstar bike park and will be in Tahoe at the end of the month for a bachelor party. No one else going rides bike park and the party is in South Lake so not sure I will even have a chance to use them.

I almost registered last night. A few spots left. I just don't want to totally burn out. 7 races this summer seems like enough. IDK.

I actually have some Vail comps good for Northstar bike park and will be in Tahoe at the end of the month for a bachelor party. No one else going rides bike park and the party is in South Lake so not sure I will even have a chance to use them.
    Haha, 7 is a lot especially if you're traveling as much as you do! I haven't made it over there this summer but it's 15 minutes from my house. Holler if you wanna take some laps when you're there for the bachelor party. South Lake is just over an hour to Northstar.

There's some solid riding down south. Happy to give you recs if you want.

sproing!

Nice work WRG! Those placings can change by the day/week. I guess it depends on the race but generally the top experts do quite well in the pro class and are destined for the pro class. I guess age categories have changed, iurs used to be 19-29 , then masters 30-39 , master 40-49 etc. Maybe its changed here too. 35 is the new 25. Extra cool ya kept those young bucks honest

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks dudes. Feels pretty good walking into the gym this AM and getting props. Racers from our gym/MTB training program swept the Pro podium and were 4th and 5th in expert.

Haha, 7 is a lot especially if you're traveling as much as you do! I haven't made it over there this summer but it's 15 minutes from my house. Holler if you wanna take some laps when you're there for the bachelor party. South Lake is just over an hour to Northstar.

There's some solid riding down south. Happy to give you recs if you want.

Definitely will take SLT trail recs. I am bringing the big bike and the little bike. May be a few mornings where the rest of the guys are thrashed/hungover and I will be looking to spin my legs for an hour or two. Stuff you can ride to from basically the base of Heavenly? We have a sick house rented there for the weekend.

Thanks dudes. Feels pretty good walking into the gym this AM and getting props. Racers from our gym/MTB training program swept the Pro podium and were 4th and 5th in expert.

Definitely will take SLT trail recs. I am bringing the big bike and the little bike. May be a few mornings where the rest of the guys are thrashed/hungover and I will be looking to spin my legs for an hour or two. Stuff you can ride to from basically the base of Heavenly? We have a sick house rented there for the weekend.
    Get a lift up and do Toad's.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Get a lift up and do Toad's.
    For smashy-smashy blown out rides Toads is a good time. The pedal up via Oneidas & Armstrong is pretty nice. I guess if you're lazy you could shuttle it, but there is still a bit of a climb from the backside.

If you're not averse to pedaling you could go the Thunder Mt to Horse Canyon loop at Kirkwood for a higher altitude and less crowded route. If it's not too hot the drop into Silver Fork is good fun as well, but the climb out of there is long.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

From the base of Heavenly...ride up Van Sickle to TRT, turn left (north). Continue across the road and climb up to the top of Kingsbury Stinger (Daggett loop is the easier climb than TRT). Drop the Stinger (look for the alternate at the top on the right), and pedal back to Heavenly. Easy peasy.

For a longer ride (30ish miles), pedal up Van Sickle to TRT, go south, up and over Monument, past Star Lake to Armstrong Pass. Drop there, or climb up and over to Toad's.

You can also pedal Cold Creek from the base of Heavenly.

If you wanna drive a couple minutes, drive to Corral TH. Toad's is sweet (I like pedaling up Armstrong and over to Toads - about 3500' climbing). Do a couple laps on lower Corral jump line.

Drive to shorter ride: drive to Luther Pass, ride up TRT over to and down Christmas Valley.

Big vert rides and old-school trails abound in SLT.
    Last edited by meter-man; 07-14-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    sproing!

WG, I'm in South Lake for the month and would be happy to meet up for a ride. Toads is an absolute must do IMO. If you have a couple hours, a Christmas Valley/Toads is what I'd recommend.

Just got back from Trans Sierra Norte in Oaxaca. Shit, I thought I knew what good trails were before.....that place is fucking heaven. Some serious fucking tracks. 21 blind stages over 4 days. The very first transfer was a 2 hour ride haha. It was a tough race, but I felt stronger everyday. Finished 14th out of 38 in the open class which I am pretty pleased with. Lots of amazing riders from all over the globe. Lots of partying too, so being sober I think was an advantage haha.

Marcelo G won the pro cat with a broken rib that he suffered on day 1. Nothing but a smile on his face the entire time. Dude is the real deal.

I'll probably go back next year. Just fucking amazing.