Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    POTY might be this one:

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    this thread is dedicated to trips of the psychedelic variety. i'll get it started.with a TR of my very first trip - eating a bunch of tablespoons of nutmeg.

Anyone have a position on removable pole straps?

That was pretty good. It was the year of the subhuman jizzmonkey, but removable pole straps gave us 135-degree chutes. Could have been worse.

Yup, releasable pole straps was a great topic
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-the-standard?

Still waiting for Bushwacka to send the charter plane to Bend so the 9YOs I coached can show him how to ski 1000* chutes…

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Still waiting for Bushwacka to send the charter plane to Bend so the 9YOs I coached can show him how to ski 1000* chutes…
    I’m embarrassed to say I forgot about the power and beauty of this thread. It has my vote.

Rax thread?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I’m embarrassed to say I forgot about the power and beauty of this thread. It has my vote.
    Me too. Thanks for the reminder. If it has to be one started in ‘21, I say it’s either this or “Who thinks they can fight a gorilla?”

Pole straps gets my vote - it had everything - skiing, drama, call outs, memes, a bit of east coast vs west coast, some upstate love, it even then bled into mountain biking threads where the OP was challenging mags to bike-offs over seat post height - but then was getting himself banned from mtbr over him paying posters to dox someone who posted a PM that the OP had sent suggesting OP was involved in rampant tax evasion. You can’t make this shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    +1
    And I’m embarrassed to admit I didn’t get into the pole strap thread.

So much work to do, so little time.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

That’s like someone telling you they’ve never watched Shawshank or The Godfather before - I feel jealous that you get to see it for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    That’s like someone telling you they’ve never watched Shawshank or The Godfather before - I feel jealous that you get to see it for the first time.
    Thankfully I've seen both.. many, many times.

And Lebowski..

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im goin with
    #freebunnyparks
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    "White House adviser Stephen Moore repeatedly compared Benny Profane, who has been protested against having his subtly racist post deleted from an internet ski forum, to the civil-rights icon Rosa Parks.

Moore, a right-wing economic commentator and Trump ally, made the bizarre comment in multiple media appearances last week, including with CBS News and The New York Times.

"I call Benny the modern-day Rosa Parks," Moore told The Washington Post in one instance. "He is protesting against injustice and a loss of liberties."

Parks was arrested in Alabama in 1955 for refusing to give up her seat on a bus to a white passenger, thereby sparking an anti-segregation boycott of the Montgomery bus system.

Benny, meanwhile, have been attempting to stir up the "maggots" on the ski forum, claiming that the only explanation for the deletion of his post about "smart Jews" is bias on the part of unpaid forum moderators.

"I'm not one of the cool kids," said Benny, "so they get all triggered and delete my shit. But I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees, so I started a couple threads about it. One thread is like 13 pages long. It's pretty sweet"

Moore has gone on to compare the forum moderators to "Nazis" and "little Hitlers." While Benny declined to endorse that comparison, he did state that a number of dead comedians would likely be appalled by his treatment.
    In related news, when Benny was in line at Panera the other day he over heard a young Black man telling his girlfriend that Black people don't appreciate the Beatles enough. Benny told the man that he was "very articulate." The man told Benny to fuck off. Benny chose not to share this incident with anyone."

Washington Post, November 15, 2020
    poty
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^^^ winner
    . . .

Yeah, that's solid. I thought we saw peak Bunny when he used his local knowledge to take the century-and-a-half dead corpse of John Wesley Powell to task for being wrong on the internet. It's really nicer to think there are more all time highs in the future.

I'm about half way through the pole strap thread, who do I give my money to for that amount of entertainment?

It truly is a work of art

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im goin with
    #freebunnyparks

poty
    100%
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

The Collegge blog by SuF deserves a mention. Starts slow with some sage advice, Harry almost dies, then all of a sudden Harry is courting SUF's mom (still waiting for the pics in the Ullr thread), Harry gives SUF a job, Byates gets SUF a paying job, SUF meets his roomie and successfully escapes

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...42814-Collegge

Our boy is growing up
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Pole straps gets my vote - it had everything - skiing, drama, call outs, memes, a bit of east coast vs west coast, some upstate love, it even then bled into mountain biking threads where the OP was challenging mags to bike-offs over seat post height - but then was getting himself banned from mtbr over him paying posters to dox someone who posted a PM that the OP had sent suggesting OP was involved in rampant tax evasion. You can’t make this shit up.
    I obviously endorse this as well, hence my signature.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

How oh how did I miss this gem, I am going to pace myself through this in order to extend the pleasure!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    How oh how did I miss this gem, I am going to pace myself through this in order to extend the pleasure!
    y yo tambien

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im goin with
    #freebunnyparks

poty
    Not sure how I missed this the first time. Golf clap.

Quote Originally Posted by bad dancer View Post
    I nominate the fear and loathing thread.
    As of late a bit too much politics but that is fine with me.
    Loads of data, and info on one of the most important happenings of our time.
    POTY for the same reason Hitler was Time MOTY in 1938,

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

It's not too late to get into the Pole Length thread in the main ski forum, although early signs are that it is pretty boring.

Pole strap thread is pure HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    The saga of Papapoopski
    Anyone got a link to this? I guess I missed it.