Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I've had tennis elbow 5 times from a death grip on a ww paddle with a shaft that was too big

but never knumb hands, of course YMMV, could be anything

I'm suprised no one has suggested the nekid picts
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Always think about ways to vary your grip and move the hands around on climbs and easier flat sections. A lot of times I just lay the heel of my hand or fingertips on the grip, etc especially on fire road climbs and can even do this on a lot of singletrack climbs. I find if I do this it doesn't really matter what grip or bars or saddle angle, etc. Even on long rides 8-10 hours.

I had constant hand numbness issues for several years at first and this is how I solved it. Same thing on the road bike. Loose grip and move around.

For ulnar nerve issues, playing around with the cockpit setup can help (as already noted) but can be a temporary fix. The more significant gain comes from consciously activating your core so that your palms aren’t putting much weight on the grips during climbs or mellow sections. Pinkbike’s instructional series of videos covered this often overlooked topic.

A little accessory That I use to take pressure off my hands and give a little security when riding "monkey grip"
    Hooks and PNW handle bars.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00100 (1280x720).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	662.4 KB 
ID:	356846