What kind of chains for Toyota Corolla?

My child has moved off the hill for college but stills goes to Tahoe occasionally for visits. What kind of chains should I get for her 2018 Toyota Corolla? Only for very occasional use as we will try to time the trips to avoid storms.

I saw a review of the Thule chains on Dosties site:
    https://earnyourturns.com/33589/thul...ins-revisited/

Sent from my SM-G970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Studded tires with the front wheel drive will make those cars go just about anywhere. I used to love driving my Corolla in the snow, still wish I had it once and a while, but occasionally do still see it in Boise.

What size tires? I might have some cables you can have.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    What size tires? I might have some cables you can have.
    Same offer as this. Shipping them to you from SLC may be about the same price as buying. My Honda did great in LCC with these. [

ATTACH=CONFIG]355581[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C1A8D308-4AED-42FF-8DCE-EFF49DD3AD32.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	253.8 KB 
ID:	355581  

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Studded tires with the front wheel drive will make those cars go just about anywhere. I used to love driving my Corolla in the snow, still wish I had it once and a while, but occasionally do still see it in Boise.
    In CA you gotta at least be carrying chains to get past the checks.

Yup, lot of states require you to carry chains in snow country, even if not needed on the vehicle when checked

Have daughter go to Les Schwab Tire Centers - there's one in South Lake Tahoe
    They tend to be quite helpful with young ladies.
    They also allow people to return unused chains at end of season for full refund, no questions asked.

I have similar Z chains as jmills. I was worried the traditional metal ones would chew up the wheel well on my Toyota. I'm happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Ditto, but i had a stick which made it even better in the snow. Great cars if you just want cheap transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    I saw a review of the Thule chains on Dosties site:
    https://earnyourturns.com/33589/thul...ins-revisited/

Sent from my SM-G970U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I love these chains! Dostie's review is tagged with a disclaimer that the tire chains are no longer available in the USA. I don't think that's true any longer: https://konigchain.com/en_us/chains/...-fit-cu-9.html

All of the tire chains shown on their website look pretty darn good to me. YMMV

cheers,
    john

Thanks for the helpful comments. I found a good deal on EBay for some SCC cables that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    They also allow people to return unused chains at end of season for full refund, no questions asked.
    That's such a great policy. Fucking Walmart had a no chains return policy—$50 for the worst set of chains money could buy.