Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    we have had a DH race every year for the last 30+ so you can open up the skis on a closed course, they get up to about 120kph cuz its only a green run. The smack talk for the next year starts when the race is over
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Did someone mention MRRs (the real ones, not the later ones that you could step into)?

Pre-Dualtec Rossi DH boards for good measure. One of these years, in going to get out on the damn things again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_201551.jpeg 
Views:	271 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	358592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_201610.jpeg 
Views:	265 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	358593

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Pre-Dualtec Rossi DH boards for good measure. One of these years, in going to get out on the damn things again.
    Just don't launch yourself straight off Cribworks and start rolling up the windows until impact. Good thing young ones bounce because many moons ago, you scared me.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Just don't launch yourself straight off Cribworks and start rolling up the windows until impact. Good thing young ones bounce because many moons ago, you scared me.
    Yeah, definitely on the "not going to try that again" list. The chances that I'd bounce as well today are pretty slim, and for some reason, I have little interest in free-skiing Gauge at speed these days. The downhill skis have been in the B-net on the other side of Headwall once already, and that's also something I have no desire to try again, even if the snowmaking line got buried since then.

Don't worry, though—based on the guys I'm coaching now, I don't believe teenaged boys have gotten any brighter in the last 25 years. Sooner or later one of them is probably going to do something just as scary while I watch, and I'm going to hope like hell they bounce just as well.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Who was looking for deflex plates? Ill-advised? Buddy of mine that used to be a speeder dug a few out of his basement, I have no idea on condition but it’s not like you can’t drill them again. PM me and I’ll get you in touch with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    195 Motherships

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Wish i got the 195's. I had a pair of 185's and they were like 2x4's.

Man-made, with ice patches. Rock solid

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Did someone mention MRRs (the real ones, not the later ones that you could step into)?

Pre-Dualtec Rossi DH boards for good measure. One of these years, in going to get out on the damn things again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_201551.jpeg 
Views:	271 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	358592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_201610.jpeg 
Views:	265 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	358593

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Good bindings.
    But fuck, if I’m going to bend over to clamp in, might as well tele
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Anyone holding any vintage or otherwise cool Lange boots? Ideally late 60s, early 70s? My house was previously owned by Bob Lange, who founded the boot company before he sold in the mid-70s. We bought the house about 2 years ago from his daughter. I would love to have an old pair of boots to connect Lange to the house...
    Google and ye shall find...

https://www.ebay.com/i/223455454767?...BoCOpMQAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Very cool.
    I always wanted to try those with rotomats and head 720 skis to see how unpossible it was in the day.

I’m assuming it’s not much better than the leather merril boots and skinny three pin skis learned to tele on.
    . . .

There’s a home in Manchester w 223 Rossi DH / MRRs leaning up against em for the last 5-6 years, just saying ‘yea- I skied em’.

no mention of of one of the first modern day ski?Heads 360 definitly needs to be mentioned.My first pair of skiis in 1969 was a pair of 205 head 360's,i was 11 years old.my head 360's,solomon 444's and heirling plastic boots cost me 108.00 dollars,i still have the bill some where in my attic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1612288958.578195.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	360950

Garbage picked a new pair of mogul skis. They have a sheet of metal and a really nice round snappy flex.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

223 DH ski apparently old enough to not have sintered base, just bigger & harder to ski, I 've gone faster on my 183 womens FIS GS ski, traded an espresso mc for them

Name:	DH ski.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	844.9 KB 
ID:	363415

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    223 DH ski apparently old enough to not have sintered base, just bigger & harder to ski, I 've gone faster on my 183 womens FIS GS ski, traded an espresso mc for them

they probably had sintered bases, but also tracking grooves as they were pre structured stone grind base technology/knowledge I had a pair in 215 super g that were rackets once we ground them
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

these have been ground so many times you can see the anchoring serrations of the edges when you wax them

part of a quiver belonging to a high flyer (pilot eh ) who had to leave town real quick due to women problems

I somehow ended up with the ski AND the Breville roma back in my espresso M/C quiver

hazy shit is hazy

That, to me, is a work of art.

I’ve got a pair of Salomon pocket rockets with a total of 5 runs on them since 2006. Whenever I take them out I get non stop comments and people trying to buy them from me. Still fun skis.

I had that same exact ski in a 218...

At one point in a tuck at 60-70mph a little iceball came through that fucking tip and stung the fuck out of my nose/upper lip. It was memorable.
    When Fischer started doing those hole-tips again on SL skis I got to tell that story to a few race kids on lift rides, it wasn’t hard to tell that none of the believed me, or understood the length of those skis.

My old buddy from Crested Butte has them in his house after one of my several “I’m about to be homeless, everything must go” giveaway sprees. He won’t ship them back to me, so someday I’m going to have to go to Colorado snd get them.

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    I’ve got a pair of Salomon pocket rockets with a total of 5 runs on them since 2006. Whenever I take them out I get non stop comments and people trying to buy them from me. Still fun skis.
    Commonly known as Clown Feet in our crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Commonly known as Clown Feet in our crowd.
    Thought they were the blue noodle. Funny I remember when those things were the hot ski and being at Altabird to see so many 70 somethings on them. They were magic skis. Isn't that what we all want!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

My old buddy from Crested Butte has them in his house after one of my several “I’m about to be homeless, everything must go” giveaway sprees. He won’t ship them back to me, so someday I’m going to have to go to Colorado snd get them.
    I could pick em up for ya, probably doesn't do you much better to have em sitting in Montrose though lol.

The Rossi Bandit Series (XX, XXX). The XX (the all red, super ugly top sheet) was the first ski I owned that opened my eyes to a lot of terrain, good times, etc. I skied the foam core into reverse camber long before it was cool.

I guess I'm still behind the times though. Didn't ski much from 2010-2017. So my daily drivers are the white top sheet gotamas (skied them this morning, in Southern PA, on 1" of fresh snow... and it was good) and I have a pair of original race-room 183 LPs at my dad's place in CA. Haven't skied those in gotta be 10 years. Great skis and they're the best I've ever been on for making manky crud at 50mph feel - slow. Stable. Unconcerning. That said, at 155lbs LPRs always felt like they didn't come alive or provide *any* energy or even really want to dig in their edges until I was going 45. Burns a lot of the hill just getting up to speed. But once you're there...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Thought they were the blue noodle. Funny I remember when those things were the hot ski and being at Altabird to see so many 70 somethings on them. They were magic skis. Isn't that what we all want!
    I remember our first pre-season demo with those. I couldn't keep a straight face and tell the reps that I was excited about selling that ski.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I could pick em up for ya, probably doesn't do you much better to have em sitting in Montrose though lol.
    Actually he’s down near you (!)...

But I can’t even imagine getting those out of being displayed in his home without actually showing up there myself..