Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    ^^^I always wanted a pair, but found a pair of Research Dynamics DH Race Valdez Extremes. Purple topsheet with neon yellow sidewalls, Solly 997s.

Fuck I'm an idiot for selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    That pic of Girardelli he's skiing 90's.
    SX 91s were red w/white.
    92s came in white and black, then orange and black.
    I'm still rockin the 1st gen 3-peice boot that followed(25 yrs tele kept 'em fresh).Attachment 356092
    Nice, I had a pair of the purple Intergral Equipe R's that I loved. I think I gave them away at a garage sale years ago, that was stupid. Those boots were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife still has a perfectly functional pair of Flexons.
    Same; black and green, purchased in JH circa 1994 after her original red ones, circa 1982, cracked.
    I'd been skiing flexons for years, but tried some Roxa R3s and am converted.

I've got the buddha explosiv, great ski. I had a fixation on snow rangers for years.

I have yet to find a more fun ski than the old DPS Lotus 120, the one before the red ones where added too much tip rocker.

As far as extinct: Dynamic VR17, VR27. Not to mention Graves or Spaulding Siderals. Or Hexels.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    Attachment 356214
    Anyone interested in taking their lives into their own hands with a bsl of 326 or so in the SLC area lemme know. I’d be happy to lend them out. They are hilariously fun, Endlesswinter clocked me at 80 on these things a few years ago. Terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'll step right into those.

Specs/build deets?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Specs/build deets?
    121-91-111 29.4m radius. I think there's another version of them out there made by Hart? The Fuelie I think? Anyway, DJ, after reading all the stoke you've been adding here in the JH thread, you're welcome to try them any day. Sorry I don't know all the build specs, but there has to be a full layer of metal in these things. Pretty stiff, quiet as anything I've ever seen, and edge hold for days. Cheers.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Specs/build deets?
    From the archives: "195 SuperBro - World Cup Level Performance in a Freeski

There is no comparison. No other freeski comes close to the race course bred pedigree of this sleek beast. Designed by former World Cup race ski designer Aldo Kuonen for PM Gear, this is the extended and enlarged version of the AK King Salmon that Craig Garbiel rode to take two championship titles at the IFSA North American Freeskiing Championships in Kirkwood, CA.

The 195 SuperBro is PM Gear's first ski offered with titanal laminates around a wood core, delivering a stable and damp platform for laying over high-speed carves in variable off-piste conditions. If you like to ski fast, carve and work a ski, the SuperBro is the missle that will let you pull the G-forces normally reserved for the World Cup circuit.

The 121-91-111 sidecut on this 195 crushes everything in its wake, with enough girth and power underfoot to destroy crud like it doesn’t exist, while still holding enough surface area to float you on the deepest pow day. It’s the groomer killer with a penchant for performing everywhere and anywhere, at speeds from 10 to 90 mph.

Right Coasters – this is The One."

Two sheets of metal, built in the Blossom factory in IT. Hart called it the Fuelie Boss. They don't suck. Require affirmative input. Speed limit non-existent.

...like double cherry pie, yeh there she was.
    Like disco Superfly...

In platform double suede,
    yeah, there she was.
    Like disco lemonade...

Yeah momma, this surely is a dream, dig it...
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 01-04-2021 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Thanks DH and Z-lax

Catching up, but good call on the Snow Clogs. I'd love to find another pair, mine have holes in the soles know and are relegated to wax room duties. They are probably 15 years old+and originally purchased from Steep and Cheap), that's a pretty good run.

My wife doesn't mind that I no longer leave the house in them, though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210104_084438.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	356253

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    All these went to the landfill this summer:
    Attachment 355648
    Have some of the same K2 198 El Camino's undrilled as decorations in my office. Picked them up for $40 in plastic wrap probably ~15 years ago. Think they also came with some VWs in the late 90s as well?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    i know, right? hard to believe these things are still in high in my rotation after 25 + years....

Attachment 356009

still work just fine though.

Attachment 356011
    I could be wrong but I think I have a pretty minty pair of these in storage, drilled 1x for the original offset mount. Located in SLC and I'd probably take 2 good bottles of tequila if they're still in the garage.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Every single guy in my shop had a pair of those 9.0's when they came out, they were hot shit.

I'm changing my thinking on this: things like Flexons and Pivots are still here for a reason, maybe the more important question is what's something that just will not die for no good god damn reason? Snowblades?

monoskis. fartbags.

Re the snow clogs--for xmas my kid gave me a pair of fleece lined, hole-less crocs. Ugliest things imaginable but perfect for taking the dog out to piss in the snow in the middle of the night or shoveling the snow off the jacuzzi in my bathrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    monoskis.
    I see your monoski and raise you a teleboard.

(you know it's old school when the video is shot in 16fps!)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I have a pair of those in GS, 207cm IIRC. Haven't skied them in a couple of years - used to bring them out for retro day, then retro day got canceled at local hill.

Want them?
    if Iowagriz backs out i may be interested...need to round out the collection of chickenhearts and piss off gwat
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Are NOS 200cm Dynastar Omesoft's worth making an offer on? 2 pair on local CL

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    if Iowagriz backs out i may be interested...need to round out the collection of chickenhearts and piss off gwat
    I'm out...was probably more of a 3 beer wish for me the other night. As much as I'd want them, I can't burn the points with Mrs Griz, to many other things on the want to buy list

Rossi Sickle! Still skiing a pair (mounted with ZR18s) and going to be a sad panda when they eventually break. There's no real current equivalent I can think of, though the Katana V-Werks comes pretty close on paper.

I have a pair of 192 EHPs I haven't skied in years but plan on keeping around in case I win the lottery and go to Alaska.

Naxo touring bindings had major issues, but the pivot mechanism really did create a super nice stride.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I'm out...was probably more of a 3 beer wish for me the other night. As much as I'd want them, I can't burn the points with Mrs Griz, to many other things on the want to buy list
    You can have them for free, just cover shipping. I need to doublecheck on the length, but I'm sure they're GS chicken heart Dynastar. I remember removing the really old bindings on them and replacing with only fairly old Salomons (a 757 or something like that) - they're mounted for 317 BSL.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Are NOS 200cm Dynastar Omesoft's worth making an offer on? 2 pair on local CL
    Buy them and we can synchro ski

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    You can have them for free, just cover shipping. I need to doublecheck on the length, but I'm sure they're GS chicken heart Dynastar. I remember removing the really old bindings on them and replacing with only fairly old Salomons (a 757 or something like that) - they're mounted for 317 BSL.
    Interested as well

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Buy them and we can synchro ski

I don’t think he’ll like my offer of $37

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I don’t think he’ll like my offer of $37
    If you set the hook I’ll go halfsies with you. I’ve got bindings in the bench waiting

I like to bring out this vintage at least once a year.

210cm GS.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

^^^ Those are exactly what mine look like.

I looked in the garage but didn't see them. Might be in the shed - pouring rain and dark, so will look later there.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I like to bring out this vintage at least once a year.

210cm GS.
    Skiing those skis at Alpental is the most Deb Armstrong of all the Deb Armstrongs. When you’re skiing tomato tips at Alpental, you’re more Deb than even Deb herself...somewhere, there’s Deb thinking “I really don’t feel like myself today”...

Just thinking about that made my back hurt