Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Only took the P4’s out once last year and admitted to myself the E110’s are just better.
    Thx, that’s good info. Nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Forgive my ignorance on one of my favorite skis of all time, but do these have metal? Made in Germany
    Attachment 355681
    Attachment 355680

+1 I still have the orange tongue depressor Karhu Jak variants... great touring ski IMHO
    Karhu jak changed lives

Tua cr110 too

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I had me some Recons back in the day.....buddy had the Outlaws...lol...then I think I went to Coombas next.....can’t remember the years..early 2000’s?
    My kid sold my Recons 2 years ago, got actual money for them. ($25 I think)

Extinct Skis and Gear

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My kid sold my Recons 2 years ago, got actual money for them. ($25 I think)
    The shop I’m at there is always a couple of pairs a year that come in for tunes.....usually look like the customer stored them at the bottom of their pool over the summer.....edges all rusted out/etc..lol.

The stuff they bring in....one could make a shoprat book....but, hey...they are having fun/that’s all that counts.
    Last edited by BC.; 12-31-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I just wish it came in a sub 192 length. I'm not a large person, and I'm not getting any younger.
    You can always get larger instead.

I’ve got a buddy who still rips Recons like 30 days a season. Guy claims they’re the best firm snow sticks he’s ever skied.

Quote Originally Posted by atree View Post
    Tua cr110 too

I really enjoyed the cr110 as a touring ski. Here’s one of my old pair (along with a few other) that my rep gave me:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4575.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	355744

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Caber ski boots were bought out by Rossignol and became their in house brand in the late 80's. I raced in Caber Azzuro's in the mid 80's which became the Rossi R900's?
    Ha, Azzuros were my second pair of boots (+ 205 Blizzard Thermo RS & 957 Equipes), stepping it up to overlap after SX91 (+ Dynastar Coup de Mond SL w/ red chicken heart's & Marker MR).
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 12-31-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    You can always get larger instead.
    Working on it.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Are you shitting me?

Can you go back and get the k2 gs race with deflex plates? I’ll give you money for them.
    That’s exactly what I was thinking. There’s a second pair of k2 gs race in the photo further to the right. Those and k2 tnc were the first 2 skis I ever bought with my own money as a teenager. Loved those skis and have been searching for a pair for the garage. So many classics on that wall.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by atree View Post
    Karhu jak changed lives

Tua cr110 too

Karhu guide fishscales
    Karhu Jak and the Jill for the ladies

Tua was great.

I'll add that the early to mid 2000's series of Fischer RC4 World Cup cheater GS (mid teens radius in 170 cm, 175 cm or 180 cm) skis for anyone that wanted or still wants to be on a great pair of groomer, blast through crud, beer league race course, Nastar race skis. Yellow and black top sheet like these.

Name:  Fischer RC4.png
Views: 2274
Size:  77.8 KB

Just came here to say that the Gotama never had metal...ever. And from a shape perspective, it was 1-cm wider Explosiv, with a big twin and NO metal...more balanced flex, too. I actually think the Gotama was a better all around ski than the Explosiv, but the Explosiv was an amazing crud ski.

These lists are fun for nostalgia purposes, but I don’t miss all the old stuff. Most new designs really are better.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I scored a pair of these 1080 mogul's in high school. Closest I got to a park ski when I was into that. I was a dummy and trashed them skiing rails lol...It all made sense inside my 16 yo brain. Wish I'd held on to them just cuz.

Spent the rest of that era on Volkl's: P60 SL skis, early racetigers and a pair Karma's which I mounted tele. Love the artwork on the Volkl's from that era.
    Learned to tele on borrowed Dynastar 4x4's and a giant pair of Volkl Vertigos...not sure which model but they were green and seemed fat for the time and long.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Just came here to say that the Gotama never had metal...ever.
    thanks. that's what I thought.

I miss my Bluehouse Shoots...such a fun ski to blast thru whatever was in your way. Those things weighed about 30 lbs though. My first "tour" was booting straight up high boy with them on my shoulder. That was a workout.

Honestly. Bluehouse anything. Mavens, maestro, precinct, and shoots. Maybe not the prettiest, but definitely the most underrated, dollar per fun, skis ever.

Still have my Mavens, they won't die and hope they don't.

I still tour on Karhi Jak BCs every spring, they're great skis.

195 Motherships

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Salomon Ghosts
    focus.

None of this extinct gear was actually that great. YOU were younger, thinner, stronger and had bigger balls. Especially the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    None of this extinct gear was actually that great. YOU were younger, thinner, stronger and had bigger balls. Especially the guys.
    That sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    These lists are fun for nostalgia purposes, but I don’t miss all the old stuff. Most new designs really are better.
    this exaclty ^^ people have just jumped in with whatever they have owned in the past but what design is better than or equal to ... what actualy stands the test of time ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Extinct Skis and Gear

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    this exaclty ^^ people have just jumped in with whatever they have owned in the past but what design is better than or equal to ... what actualy stands the test of time ?
    OR doesn’t really have a modern equivalent and are therefore hoardable or yearnable. That’s how I took it, anyways. I miss those ghosts every time I put on boots. I don’t think there’s a 195 Mothership out there. Pivots fit the bill for a few years there, until they came back because of the kind of sentiment expressed here.

I.e. what would you no shit buy and use today, at retail prices, if they’d just make it, over any “modern” equivalent.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

I.e. what would you no shit buy and use today, at retail prices, if they’d just make it, over any “modern” equivalent.
    Outwear/technical gear that isn't made out of recycled shit. Garments made out recycled materials aren't as durable and don't last as long. I hoard the old Patagonia stuff that bears the label "This Article Contains NEW MATERIAL ONLY."