Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7336.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	357938

Unmounted 214cm Rossignol DH from the mid-90s.

Fun in their day, Kastle super G's. Long enough ago I couldn't tell you when but a blast at Red Mtn. Easily wins the race to the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    That price is outrageous but the Jean-Claude Killy video he posted was pretty cool
    I cant find it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post

I think my meniscus tore a little just by looking at that photo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Positive hype, negative hype. Words.

I'm down to ride them, not finger them.

DH - you're down in the SLC zone right? Could I get these on a short term loan or trade for a few weeks?
    Sure, I thought you were in JH?

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Curious to hear thoughts on the old Marker MRRs from anyone that actually rode them. I assume now they kinda sucked because they had that garbage late-90s/early-00s Marker toe, but I just remember being a little kid and thinking they were the coolest MF-ing bindings I'd ever seen. ¡They had springs on the outside!
    Attachment 357759
    Those heel pieces were a wonder of engineering during their time. The toe pieces were a wonder as well, until you gave them just a little bit of torque. Felt like zero elasticity. There were absolutely PERFECT on the torque machine testing in the shop after mounting, but on snow they were terrifying.

The retail 7XK went purple in either 93-94 or 94-95, then the black/yellow EX's came out in 95-96. My DH skis are from that era, black/yellow top sheets that were clearly applied on top of something else.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever seen the purple graphics on a speed ski in person, and I can't recall what they looked like in WC pictures then. Now that's going to bug me...

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    The retail 7XK went purple in either 93-94 or 94-95, then the black/yellow EX's came out in 95-96. My DH skis are from that era, black/yellow top sheets that were clearly applied on top of something else.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever seen the purple graphics on a speed ski in person, and I can't recall what they looked like in WC pictures then. Now that's going to bug me...

These are probably 93 or 94. I have a pair mounted with Deflex and 18 DIN Sollys, same topsheet, in WP if anyone wants to take them for a few laps. I’m on tele and haven’t pulled out my alpine boots in nearly a decade.

Name:	Image1610732422.003887.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	358034
    I’m at the bird right now for the next couple of hours and I brought a spare pair of skis if anybody wants to hop on these bad boys. 326 mm BSL. Send me a private message so I get a notification.

If only I were there...But you're correct I'm in JH.

I get down your way with some regularity. Or maybe a friendly slc mag would cart them up some day and I can be their best friend.

No hurry, just sounds like my style...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here ya go.

Name:	7x3.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	495.4 KB 
ID:	358050

Name:	7x2.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	737.2 KB 
ID:	358051

Name:	7x1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	494.1 KB 
ID:	358052

Demo clamps for any and all takers.

By no means extinct and I'd be interested in those white ones as well.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 01-15-2021 at 01:20 PM. Reason: That's not rust. FU, it's not...

Loved my K2 Gyrator’s from back in the day. Still have them in my garage rafters.

Going to do a summer project where I put up one of every ski I owned in my ho,e office. . So many pairs. Cool to see the progression in design over the years.

Anyone holding any vintage or otherwise cool Lange boots? Ideally late 60s, early 70s? My house was previously owned by Bob Lange, who founded the boot company before he sold in the mid-70s. We bought the house about 2 years ago from his daughter. I would love to have an old pair of boots to connect Lange to the house...

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post

The Canadian team had a bunch of purple DH skis like the white one above. I spent frikkin days reprofiling the tips from the "pointy" shape to a more round shape on the white/purple and later almost unskiable Dualtec version of the SG and Super G skis. The Dualtec skis were so unfriendly that we were recycling any "square" ski we could find, some were repainted others just left alone. Not sure how it was in other countries but as a tech rep at the time with a couple friends tuning for the national team much late night work was done to keep athletes on stuff that worked.
    That Marker turntable was cool (it wasn't a Look Pivot) but it was fragile as hell, I think in the great white north the warranty rate was over 80%. The heel cup cracked on almost every pair I saw. At the time Marker was distributed by Rossi and people used to come up to me at demo days and just harangue me about their broken bindings.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I sold Swerve some unmounted 223 Volkl P10's a few years back. Super tuned them, hot boxed the fuck out of them, Dibloc and wet jet and then they sat in the fukin closet. Hope he's using them.
    Had a pair of 212 SG Fischer RC4's with a derbyflex built into the ski. Yeah, like derby under the top sheet. Gave them to a friend.

Djbongo- hey brother, I have some 213 Kastle Super GSM's if you want them. Pretty stellar shape(like no rust on the edges)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201122_163339180.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	358149Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201122_163548567.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	655.3 KB 
ID:	358150
    Fuckers have been in quite a few Wolverine chutes too

Whoa, I had the same kastle’s!

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Had a pair of 212 SG Fischer RC4's with a derbyflex built into the ski. Yeah, like derby under the top sheet. Gave them to a friend.
    A buddy of mine has 218 DH RC4's with the built in rubber and metal under the topsheet. Really nice ski... and yes, damp as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

They were fun....
    But I never, and I mean ever, want to see them strapped to my feet again---fuck LBD

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

#metoo but one had Super GSM and the mate had Super SLM on it, same serial and flex but different paint
    frighteningly fast
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    I cant find it.

Scroll down on his webpage

https://longskistruck.com/collection...-skis-for-sale

Quote Originally Posted by fat yeti View Post
    Rossignol Axioms such a great ski changed skiing powder. For me.

The Original 186 Bibby 08-09, 09-10. Tip and tail rocker flat underfoot. That skied so well I should have never sold either pair. Wish Moment would bring it back.

a bit OT. I have a pair of OG bibbys that are still in use. On tele. I love them. What’s the best replacement with same riding characteristics? Are they really that unique?

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Nuts fucker!
    I wouldn't pay $.85 for those

Sell em to me!!!!

Several of us got early versions of the P10 Volkl RS Super & found them to be too turny & turned to this ski in the 218 to run GS on.....

I lost track of a lot of things in college & these were one of them.

If you haven’t owned downhill boards, you’re missing something.
    Of course, you need room to run.
    And it’s a groomer only day.
    But dayyumm good times.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Glad to see another pair was out in the wild today. I was thinking the same thing on the chair today...what would I replace these with?
    Attachment 357418
    That's exactly like my set-up. Bros and 155 FKS.
    Just had 2 hours on them, on perfect groomers. I take them out a couple of times pr year, always surprise me how good they track - but still can be thrown sideways easily if you need to drop speed some reason.
    They make the feeling of speed disappear, you feel you're going pretty slow - until you pass good skiers on cheater GS or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Name:	7x3.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	495.4 KB 
ID:	358050

Demo clamps for any and all takers.

By no means extinct and I'd be interested in those white ones as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Sell em to me!!!!
    Get in line, Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If you haven’t owned downhill boards, you’re missing something.
    Of course, you need room to run.
    And it’s a groomer only day.
    But dayyumm good times.
    Yup, skiing the purple people eaters at Teton village is really what makes it viable, Big smooth groomers with pitch, great peripheral viz and choice grooming. And friendly cops...

In a fat season I've been known to roll those offa the tram for laps. for days on end.
    gotta be skiing really strong and decent to titties condish in the bowl.

I have taken them down in heinous conditions but it's a wrasslin' match and the shortcut, east ridge traverse goes from a skittish ice channel for 40 yards to steepish bumps for 5 turns.
    Pedaling those 215's into a hop on the steeps above sublette has prompted some hoots. Almost funny to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    That's exactly like my set-up. Bros and 155 FKS.
    Just had 2 hours on them, on perfect groomers. I take them out a couple of times pr year, always surprise me how good they track - but still can be thrown sideways easily if you need to drop speed some reason.
    They make the feeling of speed disappear, you feel you're going pretty slow - until you pass good skiers on cheater GS or something similar.
    This is what I love about the LPRs and the longboards...the lack of sidecut makes scrubbing speed not only easy but an almost appealing sensation. Dropping 40 mph in 10 yards iz guuud.

It's like standing in a phone booth, calm and steady, watching the world go by.